ADVERTISEMENT

The thing I expect will be fun about this team ...

Mozzie

Blue Chip Prospect
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2020
The way it's composed, you have a bunch of veteran players who have proven themselves as top or near-top options at other schools coming together to form something new. Sort of a "portal all-star team." What I think this means is, we will be dangerous in every game, but it won't be the same guy starting every time. Even with a guy like Lanier, who is clearly being counted as the statistical offensive "muscle," it'll be balanced.

One night, Kriisa will probably go off. The next game, it'll be Oweh or Brea. Lanier might carry the load (if he comes) one game, and Carr will get hot next time. Williams will have days where he dominates in the post; so might Garrison. Even Butler and AA (assuming he comes) have the potential to have a game where they're the big hero, and Chandler will have a break-out game or two at some point this season.

I think this team will be unpredictable in the best way -- neither we (nor the opponent) will know who is going to step up and shine in any given game, because it could be any one of them, and the system is set up so any of them can succeed. That's going to be really exciting to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News