ADVERTISEMENT

I have no plans to watch the bloodbath this Saturday night

I will watch and be looking (and hoping) to see if we are a better team than we showed last weekend. Surely, we are ... !!

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Ill be there but i will say.....this is the first game in a long time where i feel like we have zero chance. That both speaks to how much stoops elevated this program and where it is at this very second. Today my expectations are pride, effort and execution. At least dont beat yourself.

Unless something changes i will feel the same way about both ut games on the road. I think we will keep the texas game closer than the Tennessee one just because our defense is good at keeping things in front of them but Tennessee is different because they always kills us (and everyone else) on coverage miscommunication.

Reactions: gamecockcat
Luckily I on a Cruise and we will be at Sea heading from Quebec City to Charlottetown PEI and it will not be available on TV on the Ship.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I've been a fan of UK football since early 70s (attended a couple of games as a kid at Stoll Field and had season tix in the EZ when Commonwealth opened when I was 10 years old). Graduated from UK. In that time, I've seen a ton of bad football and bled blue and white every year. Have seen some really good years, too, just not enough.

But, watching UK get slaughtered on national TV at 7:30 pm in a game that won't finish until 11-ish is not appealing at all. We're evidently banged up, we have a piss poor OL, Georgia is #1 for a reason. A 'good' showing, imo, would be a 3 TD beatdown. Georgia will not have to do anything exceptional to put 40 points on the board and our offense will struggle to score > 10.

This may just be a symptom of getting older, the huge changes in CFB (NIL, transfers, conference realignment), the enormous amount of commercials on TV broadcasts. But, my ardent love of CFB has waned. My patience with horrible football, OL that can't remember the snap count or line up correctly, 5th yr seniors jumping offsides in an obvious situation where the opponent is never going to snap the ball, busted coverages that allow easy TDs, the revolving door of QBs who either aren't as good as advertised or have so little help that it doesn't matter, etc, is almost at an end. Watching another ass kicking when I know we have almost no chance of staying close, much less winning, is not enticing at all. Think I'll find something else to do or another game to watch where I have nothing invested.
So, why do you feel the need to announce your plans?
You think anyone else gives a crap what you do?

I've been a fan of UK football since early 70s (attended a couple of games as a kid at Stoll Field and had season tix in the EZ when Commonwealth opened when I was 10 years old). Graduated from UK. In that time, I've seen a ton of bad football and bled blue and white every year. Have seen some really good years, too, just not enough.

But, watching UK get slaughtered on national TV at 7:30 pm in a game that won't finish until 11-ish is not appealing at all. We're evidently banged up, we have a piss poor OL, Georgia is #1 for a reason. A 'good' showing, imo, would be a 3 TD beatdown. Georgia will not have to do anything exceptional to put 40 points on the board and our offense will struggle to score > 10.

This may just be a symptom of getting older, the huge changes in CFB (NIL, transfers, conference realignment), the enormous amount of commercials on TV broadcasts. But, my ardent love of CFB has waned. My patience with horrible football, OL that can't remember the snap count or line up correctly, 5th yr seniors jumping offsides in an obvious situation where the opponent is never going to snap the ball, busted coverages that allow easy TDs, the revolving door of QBs who either aren't as good as advertised or have so little help that it doesn't matter, etc, is almost at an end. Watching another ass kicking when I know we have almost no chance of staying close, much less winning, is not enticing at all. Think I'll find something else to do or another game to watch where I have nothing invested.
Just check the score and watch highlights on youtube if we win. That's the way to cope with this sadness.

I plan to watch the game. However, after watching the worst Cat's offense that I can ever remember seeing, I have little hope in seeing a competitive game. Go Cats!!

NIL has changed my entire perspective on "supporting the team".
These aren't poor college kids working their tails off for tuition and a degree anymore.
Many of these "kids" are making waaay more money than me, have zero desire to get a degree at UK, and are being paid handsomely to provide an entertainment product.
The coaches are making more in a year than I will see in a lifetime.
I'm not putting my hard earned money down on a shit**y product.
I don't expect them to win every game but I also am not going to drop money on a Millionaires Club clown show.
So pretty much you suffer from envy and / or jealousy ? Why would you not want the kids to get paid ? it is their bodies being laid on the line. Look at Tua as a reason why these kids / adults needs to get all they can get, it won't last forever. get it while you can. Now, if effort leaves, OK that is a different story, but JUST because a kid gets paid is no reason to be against them or change the way you view the game. JMO. "making waaay more money than me" is not a legitimate excuse, put your body / brain on the line, maybe you will feel different. So you are OK with schools milking this money machine, but not the kids who actually do all of the hard work / sacrifice ? Weird point of view.

I agree with this for the most part. The two-game swing of Vanderbilt and Florida will determine the course of the season. Win them both and there’s a chance to salvage the season. Lose them both and we could be looking at a 3-win season.
Throw Auburn and Louisville games in as "swing" games also. We have to win 3/4 minimum. All 4 and the season is salvaged. Beat Ohio U and Murray State and that would be 7-5. A losing record is not acceptable IMO. Even losing the SC game, we have to salvage a minimum of 6 wins. Very doable, simply by beating the 2 cupcakes and 3/4 mentioned above. I think Florida will be the toughest to accomplish, the others are at home. THIS team in the swamp doesn't give me any confidence.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Throw Auburn and Louisville games in as "swing" games also. We have to win 3/4 minimum. All 4 and the season is salvaged. Beat Ohio U and Murray State and that would be 7-5. A losing record is not acceptable IMO. Even losing the SC game, we have to salvage a minimum of 6 wins. Very doable, simply by beating the 2 cupcakes and 3/4 mentioned above. I think Florida will be the toughest to accomplish, the others are at home. THIS team in the swamp doesn't give me any confidence.

We just lost at home by 25 and are 2 and 8 in last 10 sec home games. Will be 2 and 9 after today. Gonna be a challenge.

We just lost at home by 25 and are 2 and 8 in last 10 sec home games. Will be 2 and 9 after today. Gonna be a challenge.
A "challenge" is a understatement. How about nearly impossible ? IF fully healthy UK didn't stand much of a chance, with several guys out or dinged up, a blowout is likely. 30+ point blowout.

So pretty much you suffer from envy and / or jealousy ? Why would you not want the kids to get paid ? it is their bodies being laid on the line. Look at Tua as a reason why these kids / adults needs to get all they can get, it won't last forever. get it while you can. Now, if effort leaves, OK that is a different story, but JUST because a kid gets paid is no reason to be against them or change the way you view the game. JMO. "making waaay more money than me" is not a legitimate excuse, put your body / brain on the line, maybe you will feel different. So you are OK with schools milking this money machine, but not the kids who actually do all of the hard work / sacrifice ? Weird point of view.
I'd say the fact that tickets are plentiful today and selling for 20 bucks a pop gives a helluva lot more credence to my opinion than yours.
Has zero to do with jealousy and everything to do with how I choose to spend my hard earned money.
I can sit at home and watch a garbage product for much less money and time spent.
You also conveniently left off the fact that Stoops is being paid top 10 coaches money for a bottom 10 product.
My money, my choice.

The fact these young men are getting paid makes them open to booing just like I would do at an NFL game. I would also like to think that the fact they’re getting paid would / should motivate them to put in the work in the film room / practice field / playing field.

Reactions: blubo
The fact these young men are getting paid makes them open to booing just like I would do at an NFL game. I would also like to think that the fact they’re getting paid would / should motivate them to put in the work in the film room / practice field / playing field.

Of course it does. They are Richie riches so boo away.

I'd say the fact that tickets are plentiful today and selling for 20 bucks a pop gives a helluva lot more credence to my opinion than yours.
Has zero to do with jealousy and everything to do with how I choose to spend my hard earned money.
I can sit at home and watch a garbage product for much less money and time spent.
You also conveniently left off the fact that Stoops is being paid top 10 coaches money for a bottom 10 product.
My money, my choice.
Wrong again. The fact that we lost to SC in a game most thought should be a win is the reason for a decline in ticket sales. It is really simple, the team wins, fans are happy, buy tickets, and have no issue with NIL. Lose, and all of that same stuff goes out the window and some (like you) put the blame on the players and them getting paid as the reason. Can't have it both ways. You either support or not. It is funny, the SC game there wasn't any issue with ticket sales ??? Factor in the facing #1 Georgia with no shot to win and losing at home last week, Shazam, you got low ticket sales and angry fans. BUT, do not tell that to the crazy fans of the fanbase, when things are bad, it is the players getting paid and not caring for the reason for losing.

I understand your frustration as I’ve been a UK football fan since 1968 when I first attended school at UK. I have had anywhere from 2 to 4 season tickets every year since and I try to attend most home games. I understand your frustration but I’m glad we don’t have more fans like you. Being a negative Nelly no way helps the fan base and only tries to re-emphasize that we do have a struggling football program at times.. I am just glad that all of the other UK football fans are not like you and at least show some sense of fan support of the program. Go Cats.

ALL teams and players suffer from let downs and bad performances, but that doesn't mean that them getting paid is the reason. Did you see a issue with effort against Southern Miss ? I bet you was the ringleader beating the drums of player praise. It is funny, when they was blowing out SM, you didn't have a issue with players getting paid. Let them suffer one loss, and it is all hell breaking loose on players. If they beat Georgia today (they will not), are you back on their jock? Oh, also, NFL players = college kids. Great comparison.

Wrong again. The fact that we lost to SC in a game most thought should be a win is the reason for a decline in ticket sales. It is really simple, the team wins, fans are happy, buy tickets, and have no issue with NIL. Lose, and all of that same stuff goes out the window and some (like you) put the blame on the players and them getting paid as the reason. Can't have it both ways. You either support or not. It is funny, the SC game there wasn't any issue with ticket sales ??? Factor in the facing #1 Georgia with no shot to win and losing at home last week, Shazam, you got low ticket sales and angry fans. BUT, do not tell that to the crazy fans of the fanbase, when things are bad, it is the players getting paid and not caring for the reason for losing.
Lord have mercy you are a genius. The team wins a lot of games and the fans show up. They lose lots of games and they don't. Ever thought about a career as a sports analyst?
Here's where you and I differ. I have been going to Lex for 40 years. I have seen way worse UK teams that drew larger crowds than they deserved in Commonwealth (against power teams) because the fans were loyal to the players and coaches despite the record.
NEVER in my 40 years have I seen the fans check out 2 games into the season. This apathy is usually reserved for October and the start of BBall season.
That has changed now with the NIL and obscene money these coaches get for the product on the field. The fans see the money being paid out and now feel no obligation to support that if the money doesn't match the entertainment value. It's basically an NFL farm league.
Like I said, you can disagree on my opinion, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong. The 20 dollar tics to see the #1 team in the country 3 games into the season says it all.

I understand your frustration as I’ve been a UK football fan since 1968 when I first attended school at UK. I have had anywhere from 2 to 4 season tickets every year since and I try to attend most home games. I understand your frustration but I’m glad we don’t have more fans like you. Being a negative Nelly no way helps the fan base and only tries to re-emphasize that we do have a struggling football program at times.. I am just glad that all of the other UK football fans are not like you and at least show some sense of fan support of the program. Go Cats.
Completely ignorant take. Suffering through crappy football season after football season for more than 50 years is not being a supporter? Watching them get dominated by a team we owned for several consecutive seasons who are coached by a DA who manages to have his team >> prepared than our staff? Am I supposed to be excited about the very real possibility of another embarrassing loss on TV to the #1 team in the country? Not sure what universe you live in, but being abused week after week, year after year and still come back for more punishment with a smile on your face is borderline psychotic. No thank you. I have other things to do with my time than watch UK get slaughtered tonight. If, in your world, that means I don't support the team, then so be it. I don't care to be whistling, 'Tiptoe Through the Tulips' while being marched into a black site to be water-boarded.

Reactions: blubo
Lord have mercy you are a genius. The team wins a lot of games and the fans show up. They lose lots of games and they don't. Ever thought about a career as a sports analyst?
Here's where you and I differ. I have been going to Lex for 40 years. I have seen way worse UK teams that drew larger crowds than they deserved in Commonwealth (against power teams) because the fans were loyal to the players and coaches despite the record.
NEVER in my 40 years have I seen the fans check out 2 games into the season. This apathy is usually reserved for October and the start of BBall season.
That has changed now with the NIL and obscene money these coaches get for the product on the field. The fans see the money being paid out and now feel no obligation to support that if the money doesn't match the entertainment value. It's basically an NFL farm league.
Like I said, you can disagree on my opinion, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong. The 20 dollar tics to see the #1 team in the country 3 games into the season says it all.
Like you said, you have seen way worse UK teams (So have I). Expectations are different now. TOTALLY different ERA, I am 56 myself, so no youngster. But with winning comes expectations of more winning. So last week (after ONLY week 2 as you pointed out), fans are pissed and rightfully so. This teams was expected to win 7/8 games and beat SC at home. They got boatraced and fans are doubting them. Back when 4 wins was a "good" year, nothing was expected of the program so fans didn't get pissed at easily. They Knew what UK was. As a veteran of 40 years going to games, I should not have to explain that to you. But where we disagree is, I will not place ALL the blame on the kids and will not insinuate they lost because they didn't care because they get paid. THAT is where you and I are different. You can't get behind players when they win, then blame them when they lose and say "it is because they don't care, they are overpaid". Either they care or they do not, winning / losing doesn't factor into it. They had a very bad game and nothing went right. You can't make me believe the WHOLE team didn't care and lost because they was counting their money. It is a BS easy out. EVERY team pro and college has stinkers like last weekend. Look at the Bengals, lost at home to the lowly Patriots. It happens, fans need to chill on the bashing players if they have a bad game. The week before, it was a totally different result, and not one fan said "players don't care, they got paid".

Like you said, you have seen way worse UK teams (So have I). Expectations are different now. TOTALLY different ERA, I am 56 myself, so no youngster. But with winning comes expectations of more winning. So last week (after ONLY week 2 as you pointed out), fans are pissed and rightfully so. This teams was expected to win 7/8 games and beat SC at home. They got boatraced and fans are doubting them. Back when 4 wins was a "good" year, nothing was expected of the program so fans didn't get pissed at easily. They Knew what UK was. As a veteran of 40 years going to games, I should not have to explain that to you. But where we disagree is, I will not place ALL the blame on the kids and will not insinuate they lost because they didn't care because they get paid. THAT is where you and I are different. You can't get behind players when they win, then blame them when they lose and say "it is because they don't care, they are overpaid". Either they care or they do not, winning / losing doesn't factor into it. They had a very bad game and nothing went right. You can't make me believe the WHOLE team didn't care and lost because they was counting their money. It is a BS easy out. EVERY team pro and college has stinkers like last weekend. Look at the Bengals, lost at home to the lowly Patriots. It happens, fans need to chill on the bashing players if they have a bad game. The week before, it was a totally different result, and not one fan said "players don't care, they got paid".
I never said all the blame goes on the kids because they are being paid. Sorry if that is how it was perceived.
ALL the blame goes on the coaches and how they prepare the kids to play.
My only reason for bringing up NIL with regards to the players is that there are now slightly different expectations for players getting paid. A player getting paid a million bucks is expected to produce.
There is a big difference between blaming and expectations.
The blame is on the coaches making top ten salaries with bottom ten results.
The expectation is that a million dollar man won't produce 50 cent results.

Apathy taking over. Time for change. Wont make any difference. Rinse repeat.
climate is starting to feel more and more like joker’s last days. not that our team is joker bad, but fans expect better, and rightfully so. lose a couple of the next four and things will really intensify.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT