ADVERTISEMENT

I have no plans to watch the bloodbath this Saturday night

I will watch and be looking (and hoping) to see if we are a better team than we showed last weekend. Surely, we are ... !!

Ill be there but i will say.....this is the first game in a long time where i feel like we have zero chance. That both speaks to how much stoops elevated this program and where it is at this very second. Today my expectations are pride, effort and execution. At least dont beat yourself.

Unless something changes i will feel the same way about both ut games on the road. I think we will keep the texas game closer than the Tennessee one just because our defense is good at keeping things in front of them but Tennessee is different because they always kills us (and everyone else) on coverage miscommunication.

Luckily I on a Cruise and we will be at Sea heading from Quebec City to Charlottetown PEI and it will not be available on TV on the Ship.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I've been a fan of UK football since early 70s (attended a couple of games as a kid at Stoll Field and had season tix in the EZ when Commonwealth opened when I was 10 years old). Graduated from UK. In that time, I've seen a ton of bad football and bled blue and white every year. Have seen some really good years, too, just not enough.

But, watching UK get slaughtered on national TV at 7:30 pm in a game that won't finish until 11-ish is not appealing at all. We're evidently banged up, we have a piss poor OL, Georgia is #1 for a reason. A 'good' showing, imo, would be a 3 TD beatdown. Georgia will not have to do anything exceptional to put 40 points on the board and our offense will struggle to score > 10.

This may just be a symptom of getting older, the huge changes in CFB (NIL, transfers, conference realignment), the enormous amount of commercials on TV broadcasts. But, my ardent love of CFB has waned. My patience with horrible football, OL that can't remember the snap count or line up correctly, 5th yr seniors jumping offsides in an obvious situation where the opponent is never going to snap the ball, busted coverages that allow easy TDs, the revolving door of QBs who either aren't as good as advertised or have so little help that it doesn't matter, etc, is almost at an end. Watching another ass kicking when I know we have almost no chance of staying close, much less winning, is not enticing at all. Think I'll find something else to do or another game to watch where I have nothing invested.
So, why do you feel the need to announce your plans?
You think anyone else gives a crap what you do?

I've been a fan of UK football since early 70s (attended a couple of games as a kid at Stoll Field and had season tix in the EZ when Commonwealth opened when I was 10 years old). Graduated from UK. In that time, I've seen a ton of bad football and bled blue and white every year. Have seen some really good years, too, just not enough.

But, watching UK get slaughtered on national TV at 7:30 pm in a game that won't finish until 11-ish is not appealing at all. We're evidently banged up, we have a piss poor OL, Georgia is #1 for a reason. A 'good' showing, imo, would be a 3 TD beatdown. Georgia will not have to do anything exceptional to put 40 points on the board and our offense will struggle to score > 10.

This may just be a symptom of getting older, the huge changes in CFB (NIL, transfers, conference realignment), the enormous amount of commercials on TV broadcasts. But, my ardent love of CFB has waned. My patience with horrible football, OL that can't remember the snap count or line up correctly, 5th yr seniors jumping offsides in an obvious situation where the opponent is never going to snap the ball, busted coverages that allow easy TDs, the revolving door of QBs who either aren't as good as advertised or have so little help that it doesn't matter, etc, is almost at an end. Watching another ass kicking when I know we have almost no chance of staying close, much less winning, is not enticing at all. Think I'll find something else to do or another game to watch where I have nothing invested.
Just check the score and watch highlights on youtube if we win. That's the way to cope with this sadness.

I plan to watch the game. However, after watching the worst Cat's offense that I can ever remember seeing, I have little hope in seeing a competitive game. Go Cats!!

NIL has changed my entire perspective on "supporting the team".
These aren't poor college kids working their tails off for tuition and a degree anymore.
Many of these "kids" are making waaay more money than me, have zero desire to get a degree at UK, and are being paid handsomely to provide an entertainment product.
The coaches are making more in a year than I will see in a lifetime.
I'm not putting my hard earned money down on a shit**y product.
I don't expect them to win every game but I also am not going to drop money on a Millionaires Club clown show.
So pretty much you suffer from envy and / or jealousy ? Why would you not want the kids to get paid ? it is their bodies being laid on the line. Look at Tua as a reason why these kids / adults needs to get all they can get, it won't last forever. get it while you can. Now, if effort leaves, OK that is a different story, but JUST because a kid gets paid is no reason to be against them or change the way you view the game. JMO. "making waaay more money than me" is not a legitimate excuse, put your body / brain on the line, maybe you will feel different. So you are OK with schools milking this money machine, but not the kids who actually do all of the hard work / sacrifice ? Weird point of view.

I agree with this for the most part. The two-game swing of Vanderbilt and Florida will determine the course of the season. Win them both and there’s a chance to salvage the season. Lose them both and we could be looking at a 3-win season.
Throw Auburn and Louisville games in as "swing" games also. We have to win 3/4 minimum. All 4 and the season is salvaged. Beat Ohio U and Murray State and that would be 7-5. A losing record is not acceptable IMO. Even losing the SC game, we have to salvage a minimum of 6 wins. Very doable, simply by beating the 2 cupcakes and 3/4 mentioned above. I think Florida will be the toughest to accomplish, the others are at home. THIS team in the swamp doesn't give me any confidence.

Throw Auburn and Louisville games in as "swing" games also. We have to win 3/4 minimum. All 4 and the season is salvaged. Beat Ohio U and Murray State and that would be 7-5. A losing record is not acceptable IMO. Even losing the SC game, we have to salvage a minimum of 6 wins. Very doable, simply by beating the 2 cupcakes and 3/4 mentioned above. I think Florida will be the toughest to accomplish, the others are at home. THIS team in the swamp doesn't give me any confidence.

We just lost at home by 25 and are 2 and 8 in last 10 sec home games. Will be 2 and 9 after today. Gonna be a challenge.

We just lost at home by 25 and are 2 and 8 in last 10 sec home games. Will be 2 and 9 after today. Gonna be a challenge.
A "challenge" is a understatement. How about nearly impossible ? IF fully healthy UK didn't stand much of a chance, with several guys out or dinged up, a blowout is likely. 30+ point blowout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT