ADVERTISEMENT

I hate when Cal's incompetence

What tears? Did you think Arkansas played good at all? Sorry but Z played but a few minutes segment so spare me the 3 big man mantra as he didn’t figure into the equation at all. We got 21 minutes tonight of Bradshaw/edwards with 0 points and 4 rebounds. No way Z could top that 😂.
Wait he says what tears and then uses an emoji that has tears. Investigation needed!

Wait he says what tears and then uses an emoji that has tears. Investigation needed!
The OP of mine he responded to had no emojis at all yet he implied I was crying. The post you just quoted had a laughing emoji in it. Laughing tears and crying tears aren’t even remotely the same.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
As I read this thread all I can think of is the old prospector mining gold his whole life, filling up bag after bag only to take it to the assayer office to be told he had nothing but bags of Iron pyrite. This is just another season of Fools Gold. There’s enough talent on this team to win a championship but it’s being so misused that they will end up losing in the first or second round in March. You Calipari bootlickers go right ahead. I’m going to sit back in my corner over here and come back and see you in March.
Excellent analogy! I’m with you. I’m stoked with any win, be it by 1 point or 90, but most of us clear headed, observant segment of the fan base have seen this movie before, and we know how it ends, if the director doesn’t do something to create an alternate ending.

And that something is playing a style of traditional CBB, utilizing the right players, beginning to end of each game going forward, and stop playing a style that’s a failed attempt at a NBA tryout.

Reactions: UKortho
The OP of mine he responded to had no emojis at all yet he implied I was crying. The post you just quoted had a laughing emoji in it. Laughing tears and crying tears aren’t even remotely the same.
Yeah that's why it's a joke.

It left me happy we won.

Tons of stuff was crappy. And we won.

I'm going to enjoy it. You can choose not to if that makes you happy.
Ugly game, ugly win, but I’m happy we won.

Terrible start but I’m happy we played through it and got a win.

I’m happy we had some guys step up and make some big plays and make some big shots.

This could have very easily been a loss, I’m happy, there is still reason for concern, but I’m going to enjoy the win.

Reactions: UKortho and thedahc
USC was a terrible loss.

UNCW was a terrible loss.

This was a gritty, hard fought win in a super tough environment.

It's OK to appreciate it and to be hopeful that it's a sign we are growing as a team.
Stony brook beat uncw yesterday
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Against a team that is now 1-6 in league play. Not sure what point you are trying to make here.

Wow!!!! It has happened so infrequently at UK, I can see why you would be excited!!!!
damn sad place you must be in if you can't enjoy a win
What tears? Did you think Arkansas played good at all? Sorry but Z played but a few minutes segment so spare me the 3 big man mantra as he didn’t figure into the equation at all. We got 21 minutes tonight of Bradshaw/edwards with 0 points and 4 rebounds. No way Z could top that 😂.
and we won

Who also had one of it's best player's quit before this game. So, Cal figures out how to come back by playing his best actual basketball players(Reeves, Mitchell, Reed) during crunch time, FINALLY!!!

He also played UGO when we needed rim protection. And he did AWESOME!!!!

HUGE win even if it was against a down Arky team.
He averaged 6.9pts a game this year, not best player numbers. He was getting buried on the bench and wasn’t starting tonight and decided to quit. But, I’m sure it affected the team. I’m just happy for the win! Go Cats!

Reactions: shodaman
damn sad place you must be in if you can't enjoy a win

and we won
one can be happy that we won yet concerned about the direction of the team at the same time. Coming off the debacle at SC, last nights performance was not what I was hoping for despite getting the win against a really bad team playing without their best player.

one can be happy that we won yet concerned about the direction of the team at the same time. Coming off the debacle at SC, last nights performance was not what I was hoping for despite getting the win against a really bad team playing without their best player.
some people aren't concerned with the direction they are just unhappy and have to complain

Reactions: 1STSergeant
It's amazing to me that some don't see this. We see legit concerns. And others call us sad, mad, miserable etc because see don't see rainbows and butterflies after that game. Trust me, in a way, I was actually more excited about that win last night than many sunshiners here were, but it didn't alleviate legit concerns.

It's amazing to me that some don't see this. We see legit concerns. And others call us sad, mad, miserable etc because see don't see rainbows and butterflies after that game. Trust me, in a way, I was actually more excited about that win last night than many sunshiners here were, but it didn't alleviate legit concerns.
people are entitled to their own opinions ,but it seems some just want to focus on the negative during a win or loss and of course find somebody to blame

To cals credit he didn't pull the stupidity of last game with the constant revolving door. Other than that, I didn't see anything notable from his perspective. We benefitted from a good matchup because we didn't have to worry about their guards burning us outside and they didn't have a stretch that we had to worry about.

If our 5 can stay near the rim we're in good shape, especially if it's onyenso. We just never adjust our coverage or defense to address teams that have those guys mentioned above

Reactions: crestcat
Against a team that is now 1-6 in league play. Not sure what point you are trying to make here.
Take a look around the country. The story this year is that no one in the top 20 can win a game on the road. Don’t take any road win for granted.

College ball is not the same as it was. The portal has allowed teams to close the gap. Every team you see has at least 1 or two guys on the roster that can beat you.

some people aren't concerned with the direction they are just unhappy and have to complain
You do you and I’ll do me deal? There are such things in sports as good losses and bad wins. Last night falls into a bad win category in my book, but a bad win will always look better on the record than a good loss. While it looks better I don’t feel as good about the team right now (following the win) as I did a few weeks ago following our loss to A&M. Thats me, if you feel different, cool!!!!!

Take a look around the country. The story this year is that no one in the top 20 can win a game on the road. Don’t take any road win for granted.

College ball is not the same as it was. The portal has allowed teams to close the gap. Every team you see has at least 1 or two guys on the roster that can beat you.
Plenty of teams are winning road games. UNC is 5-0 on the road in the ACC for example. Illinois won @michigan by 15 which is as equivalent of a matchup as we had last night. If Arkansas had played even a decent game last night and we struggled but pulled out the win that’s one thing, but they were horrible. 33% FG/ 21% from 3, 9 assist to 13 turnovers. Had we played even decent ourselves we win by 20 but squeaking out a 6 point win while hitting 9/20 from deep is just nothing to be excited about. Glad for the win but team has to get it together fast or February is gonna be rough.

Plenty of teams are winning road games. UNC is 5-0 on the road in the ACC for example. Illinois won @michigan by 15 which is as equivalent of a matchup as we had last night. If Arkansas had played even a decent game last night and we struggled but pulled out the win that’s one thing, but they were horrible. 33% FG/ 21% from 3, 9 assist to 13 turnovers. Had we played even decent ourselves we win by 20 but squeaking out a 6 point win while hitting 9/20 from deep is just nothing to be excited about. Glad for the win but team has to get it together fast or February is gonna be rough.
Well, we played UNC and got up in that ass.

Yes February concerns me

The ACC doesn’t screw Duke and UNC

I would feel much better about our chances if we could somehow prove we were capable of beating an elite team like UNC. 😉

Just giving you a hard time. lol. Like I said,I have concerns too.

Are we national title favorites? Nope. Not at all.

Are we guaranteed to make it past the first weekend in the tourney? No to that one too.

On the other hand, have we shown enough to make me think it's possible we get hot and make another Final Four trip?

Despite several on here screaming it's impossible and insisting they know we are doomed, the answer for me is yes.

March is crazy. Anything can happen, and I'm looking forward to seeing if we can break our streak of disappointing conclusions to our seasons and do something special this year.

Championship teams win this game by 30 no matter where it is. We will probably drop some in the net because ark sucks and we barely won

Wow!!!! It has happened so infrequently at UK, I can see why you would be excited!!!!
I disdntvsay I was excited but anytike you get an SEC road win thats a good thing. Honest to gawd some of you seem dissapointed the Cats one. There is alot improvement the team needs to do but anybody not happy with an SEC road win
Auburn won by 22 on the same floor, South Carolina won by 13. Arkansas didn’t even play that good tonight against us tonight, in fact they played like shit and we barely pulled out the win.
They neat Duke didnt they?

I disdntvsay I was excited but anytike you get an SEC road win thats a good thing. Honest to gawd some of you seem dissapointed the Cats one. There is alot improvement the team needs to do but anybody not happy with an SEC road win

They neat Duke didnt they?
With a complete roster. They were missing two players from the Duke game last night. Davis didn’t do much in that game but Brazile lead them in scoring that game at 19. I realize we were missing Dilly who I think would have helped a lot last night but we should have been able to handle last nights version of Arkansas without him.

I would feel much better about our chances if we could somehow prove we were capable of beating an elite team like UNC. 😉

Just giving you a hard time. lol. Like I said,I have concerns too.

Are we national title favorites? Nope. Not at all.

Are we guaranteed to make it past the first weekend in the tourney? No to that one too.

On the other hand, have we shown enough to make me think it's possible we get hot and make another Final Four trip?

Despite several on here screaming it's impossible and insisting they know we are doomed, the answer for me is yes.

March is crazy. Anything can happen, and I'm looking forward to seeing if we can break our streak of disappointing conclusions to our seasons and do something special this year.
I don’t disagree with you at all there but my worst fear, and shared by many here (even yourself perhaps) is that cal will keep this team from reaching what they could be as opposed to the other way around. It is killing cal to limit Edwards minutes and he’s probably starting to lose sleep over having to limit Bradshaw (if he can bring himself to do it). All it is going to take is for either to play halfway decent and right back up their minutes will go. We all know cal puts the success of those two players above the rest of the team and DJ right there as well but DJ is playing better than those 2, not 35 minutes/game better but better at least. Will he move DJ off the ball as he should? Next game against Florida will be interesting to see as I hope for the first time all year we have our full roster at our disposal.

Reactions: deplion
When we're still trying to work in a couple of bigs, and have several Freshmen who have apparently never been asked to play D in their entire lives, yeah, I think it isn't unreasonable to hope we see significant improvement over the next five weeks or so.

Nice to hear from you, by the way. Hope you're doing well. 🙂
Yea back at ya, I don't see you as often around here, always appreciative of the LOD days.

we'll definitely improve but we still have Tennessee and Auburn, so while Cal is trying to figure out who to play and for how long we'll end up being the best 4 seed in the tournament.

Cal has to stop letting players who are struggling develop in games. We play a 4 or 5 cupcakes for the sole purpose of settling on a line up. Talking about how he has to give a kid time in mid January isn't good coaching and in the last few years there is no payoff in it.

It solely beneficial to the player (at the expense of the team and the bench players who are also putting in the time)

As I read this thread all I can think of is the old prospector mining gold his whole life, filling up bag after bag only to take it to the assayer office to be told he had nothing but bags of Iron pyrite. This is just another season of Fools Gold. There’s enough talent on this team to win a championship but it’s being so misused that they will end up losing in the first or second round in March. You Calipari bootlickers go right ahead. I’m going to sit back in my corner over here and come back and see you in March.

Enough talent? Yes. Good enough college basketball players? Unlike most years, I say yes here too – but barely (and mainly because of depth).

Guards & SF: Reeves, Wagner, Sheppard & Dillingham – good enough collectively, but thin with only 4 guys playing 120 minutes; Thiero, Edwards and Burks at SF serves as a placeholder, but playing long periods here hurts.

PF: Mitchell, Thiero, Edwards and Burks – good enough, I believe.

Center: Onyenso, Big Z & Bradshaw – could possibly be good enough as a collective unit if used correctly.

I think we definitely have the talent to win a championship. I think we , talent wise, are the best team in college basketball.

But waiting for that talent to figure it out is the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT