ADVERTISEMENT

I hate when Cal's incompetence

Here is the point, we won. At a tough place to win. I don’t care if that team is 1-6 or not. They played hard and we battled back and won. Nice win
Auburn won by 22 on the same floor, South Carolina won by 13. Arkansas didn’t even play that good tonight against us tonight, in fact they played like shit and we barely pulled out the win.

Arizona is supposedly on Aike's top of the list metrics. Yet they lost again last night.

KU lost again.

Auburn dropped its second in a row.

Duke won thanks to the refs, at home, vs. a 13-5 unranked Clemson.

Baylor lost.

Tennessee had a first half scare against the LOWLY Vanderbilt.

At least we scored nearly 40 in the second half and actually played defense as well.

I think we're trying to figure out how to keep this offense rolling while playing better defense.
First half scare? Baylor? Duke? Auburn? KU? Arizona in spite of what aikes numbers say my eye says none of these teams are contenders. Arkansas was a very bad team very bad.

I agree there could be a growth element to implementing a tighter defense and how that transitions on the offensive end. That’s a good point but I need more than a half to evaluate that especially against a bad offensive ark team.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
First half scare? Baylor? Duke? Auburn? KU? Arizona in spite of what aikes numbers say my eye says none of these teams are contenders. Arkansas was a very bad team very bad.

I agree there could be a growth element to implementing a tighter defense and how that transitions on the offensive end. That’s a good point but I need more than a half to evaluate that especially against a bad offensive ark team.
Ultimately you're just sad we won and are always, always looking something to moan about. You and a handful of other miserable, whiney, can-never-be-happy "UK fans".

Insufferable.

Honest question, what was his competency level last game?

Look, we're all happy we got a W, but we look terrible right now. I'm happy, but concerned.
That's fair, IMO. Like I said, I've got concerns too.

The "Cal has ruined this team" threads at halftime with posters patting themselves on the back may have been a tad bit premature though.

Just having some good natured fun with this thread.

For the record, I've definitely got concerns, but we just won in a very tough place for us to get a W.
Yeah it said we were 1 and 4 in the last 5 against the hogs. Alot of teams lost today and earlier in the week. We will be ranked around 9th or so and survived January.

As I read this thread all I can think of is the old prospector mining gold his whole life, filling up bag after bag only to take it to the assayer office to be told he had nothing but bags of Iron pyrite. This is just another season of Fools Gold. There’s enough talent on this team to win a championship but it’s being so misused that they will end up losing in the first or second round in March. You Calipari bootlickers go right ahead. I’m going to sit back in my corner over here and come back and see you in March.

As I read this thread all I can think of is the old prospector mining gold his whole life, filling up bag after bag only to take it to the assayer office to be told he had nothing but bags of Iron pyrite. This is just another season of Fools Gold. There’s enough talent on this team to win a championship but it’s being so misused that they will end up losing in the first or second round in March. You Calipari bootlickers go right ahead. I’m going to sit back in my corner over here and come back and see you in March.
I’m not getting my hopes up so Cal can crush them again (for the third time) this season. I’m not mad we won either obviously

Arkansas didn’t have their 2 most talented players and have basically quit on the season. Fayetteville hasn’t been such a tough place to win this year even when they had those 2 guys. I give credit to Cal for letting Shepherd run the point the last 10 minutes which won the game for him. But he will revert right back to the same lineups and rotations next game. Glad to get a win so the season doesn’t fall apart but let’s not get too giddy about it. There are major problems with this team.

Auburn won by 22 on the same floor, South Carolina won by 13. Arkansas didn’t even play that good tonight against us tonight, in fact they played like shit and we barely pulled out the win.
Oh no. Are you swimming in your river of tears yet?

Blows my mind some people. We win, maybe we're going through a funk like all teams do (by the way, lots of teams are losing games they shouldn't, or barely winning games they should blow out).

Was I pissed in the first half? Yeah. But it was odd as this time it wasn't my usual anger at Cal. It was more of a "WTF is going on, get your shit together" at the team. But again, this team is going through a little change right now with having three big guys back and a dilemma on who the hell gets PT. And, they are trying to figure out getting better defensively while keeping some semblance of this offensive power. If we can settle at around 80 ppg and see that AdjD keep climbing into the top 30, I will be very excited going into March.

And also, I was ecstatic, ECSTATIC that Edwards had clock reduced. Bradshaw needs to be next.

Sounds like you'll be happy if they lose early in March so u can say I told u so?

Don't worry.

I'm sure you'll have more chances to relish a UK loss. Probably sooner rather than later.

Just got to be patient and hang in there!

Oh no. Are you swimming in your river of tears yet?

Blows my mind some people. We win, maybe we're going through a funk like all teams do (by the way, lots of teams are losing games they shouldn't, or barely winning games they should blow out).

Was I pissed in the first half? Yeah. But it was odd as this time it wasn't my usual anger at Cal. It was more of a "WTF is going on, get your shit together" at the team. But again, this team is going through a little change right now with having three big guys back and a dilemma on who the hell gets PT. And, they are trying to figure out getting better defensively while keeping some semblance of this offensive power. If we can settle at around 80 ppg and see that AdjD keep climbing into the top 30, I will be very excited going into March.

And also, I was ecstatic, ECSTATIC that Edwards had clock reduced. Bradshaw needs to be next.
What tears? Did you think Arkansas played good at all? Sorry but Z played but a few minutes segment so spare me the 3 big man mantra as he didn’t figure into the equation at all. We got 21 minutes tonight of Bradshaw/edwards with 0 points and 4 rebounds. No way Z could top that 😂.

For the record, I've definitely got concerns, but we just won in a very tough place for us to get a W.
Exactly how I feel. But, I never post during the game in all the negative threads going on at the time. I'm no Cal lover but I'm not a super hater like some of the others either. I do like this team but we do have problems that need to be addressed. If Cal fails in a big way with this team then we can get serious about how to make a change.

They bounced back from the USC loss and won. That was huge for this team. And they were missing two of their regular players. GBB!

Reactions: deplion
Sounds like you'll be happy if they lose early in March so u can say I told u so?
No. If you ever drank a beer with me during the games you would see how much it rips my heart out to watch my team get beat by inferior teams. That’s happened far too often in the last few years. I refused to be numb about it. This program is a helluva more important than any coach or player. People have lost sight of that and accept what has happened far too easily. .I guess that comes with age, the same reason the 1984 team said what they said last weekend.. Way too much talent has passed thru Lexington to not have won but 1 title in the last 25 years.

Arkansas will beat more than 2 good SEC team at home this year, we wont one of them.
They beat A&M by a point at home. A&M is 10-8. I guess you can count them as a good team if you want. They have 5 home games left and the only truly good team i see coming there is Tennessee. I don’t see them beating them. Oh and they just lost one of their most talented players for the season and another one didn’t play today and seems there is uncertainty there about his future.

Have to give him that. For the first time in a while he stuck with the best lineups. And Edwards sat most of the game.

I think Bradshaw should be the next one to see the bench in place of Z. Onyenso is holding his own right now. Not bad for a project.

DJ is regressing, but I think it's because teams are preparing for him, which is easy given he's a one-dimensional offensive player. Drive, drive, drive. He doesn't do much beyond that, so he's relatively easy to guard.
Yeah Dj has absolutely zero change of pace to his game like once he puts his head down he is all in 100 percent. If he could develop a change of pace type ability where teams could respect his ability to switch speeds or throw up a floater it would help against better competition.

Yeah Dj has absolutely zero change of pace to his game like once he puts his head down he is all in 100 percent. If he could develop a change of pace type ability where teams could respect his ability to switch speeds or throw up a floater it would help against better competition.
In high school it worked, to his credit he’s gotten better at finishing, needs to use his right hand more though.

Reactions: UKortho
on January 27
When we're still trying to work in a couple of bigs, and have several Freshmen who have apparently never been asked to play D in their entire lives, yeah, I think it isn't unreasonable to hope we see significant improvement over the next five weeks or so.

Nice to hear from you, by the way. Hope you're doing well. 🙂

But we did in fact win

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT