ADVERTISEMENT

I didn't think D was that bad really.

Go back to the cock board and enjoy whats going to be your signature win of the year.

Looks like y'all won't be getting any signature wins this year, so I don't know on what grounds you feel like you can talk. Your season is utterly off the tracks.

I come here and congratulate you guys on beating us the past five years and wish you well the rest of the year, and I'm met with hostility. Have some humility and be a good sport.

Not sure many like the opinion but I said it at the start or near the start of the MSU game .. Stoops hung KD out to dry when he punished him the way he did .. ( I've already stated KD should have been punished , but in some other way) You dont strip your senior team captain and starting MLB of his spot and his captain spot over that incident . I said it then and its playing out as I suspected , Kash wasn't the greatest before this happened , he relied on toughness , grit , emotion and willpower , he lacks the speed needed to really be better ... but Stoops neutered him . And KD looks like a player afraid to go balls to the wall again. he knows the coach doesn't have his back and will hang him out to dry if he screws up again . And in todays goofy ass world of the pussification of football he could get placed in that spot without even trying. ( targeting ) . Who knows maybe the entire D was pissed at the way Kash got treated at MSU . It sure didnt help our focus and defensive intensity last night. That was a TOTAL team failure , not just at QB .

KD is average at best

KD is average at best

I paid special attention to KD last night because I really don't like him as a person, so I actively sought out plays where he got pancaked. TBH, your defense looked better without him. He missed easy tackles and was blocked easily last night. Just a non factor. On that play where USC scored a 30 yard running TD at the start of the 2nd half, KD had the perfect angle to blow up the USC RB at the LOS and just flat out missed it and fell over. He seems like he tries to just play physical instead of actually play with technique and wrap up his tackles. He's undisciplined.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
The Kentucky defense basically gave up 17 points in the road, that’s pretty damn good in the SEC, the offense was abysmal and kept the D on the field all damn night :cheers2:
Yeah but USC isn't very good. They basically left about 4 TDs on the field. USC actually made more dumb plays that killed scoring drives than they made good plays. The game was never as close as the score was. USC did anything they want and we provided no resistance. Anytime a team has 2 RBs go over 100 yards your defense just got trashed. And it was't being tired. We got picked apart on the opening drive.

Reactions: catben
Looks like y'all won't be getting any signature wins this year, so I don't know on what grounds you feel like you can talk. Your season is utterly off the tracks.

I come here and congratulate you guys on beating us the past five years and wish you well the rest of the year, and I'm met with hostility. Have some humility and be a good sport.
Man, get off their board with your trash. We suck as well. KY is our only power 5 win in like 7 games. Our season is barely ahead of theirs in the damn gutter.

Reactions: BlueElvis
SC run plays often are not strait at the line but cross field behind their line & then cut up. That's different than I've seen & seemed to confuse the LB's in particular.

The D held SC to as few as yards per play as they did FL. Call that bad if you like. MSU was much worse.

Because our lbs over pursued all night. Kash especially was guilty of this. He just didn't have a good game at all.

Honestly, i'm really disappointed in Kash and our linebackers. They are objectively not good. Can't cover. Can't read the field. Can't tackle.
I’m really disappointed in Kash as well. Our senior leader can’t get a TFL. Like he doesn’t ever get a tackle without getting carried 3 yards downfield.

You’ve come in here now to be a usual sc fan. I know exactly how y’all are living in Columbia. A bunch of douchey fake country boys who walk around dressed like they’re going deep sea fishing everyday who’s world revolves around a trash football program they think is Alabama. Most materialistic fake classy people in the south. I was 12 years old the first time I went to Williams Brice and after a 42-6 ass whipping as we were quietly walking to our car the loud idiot from basketball games they call “gamecock Jesus” leaned in my face full of beer breath and screamed “we’ll beat your ass in basketball too”. Needless to say that didn’t happen. But I’ve been treated that way all three times I’ve been to that dump. They can plaster on all the fake nice and palmetto trees they want but deep down they know it’s a nasty redneck and hood infested industrial rathole.

You’ve come in here now to be a usual sc fan. I know exactly how y’all are living in Columbia. A bunch of douchey fake country boys who walk around dressed like they’re going deep sea fishing everyday who’s world revolves around a trash football program they think is Alabama. Most materialistic fake classy people in the south. I was 12 years old the first time I went to Williams Brice and after a 42-6 ass whipping as we were quietly walking to our car the loud idiot from basketball games they call “gamecock Jesus” leaned in my face full of beer breath and screamed “we’ll beat your ass in basketball too”. Needless to say that didn’t happen. But I’ve been treated that way all three times I’ve been to that dump. They can plaster on all the fake nice and palmetto trees they want but deep down they know it’s a nasty redneck and hood infested industrial rathole.
Go buy yourself another monogrammed yeti tumbler and pretend your special.

South Carolina offense is really one dimensional . Two one hundred yard rushers. Scores of missed tackles. Lots of yards after initial hit. Not a good day for defense or offense. Still I understand your point that if we had any real offensive strategy perhaps the defense is not on the field for so long

The defense was awful the first series of the game, with fresh legs.
Yes...I didn’t say they were perfect...however the offense scored 0 points and had only 1 third down conversion the first three quarters...

Defense showed more than the O did. And gave us more reason for future than the O...

We need Terry back!!

You have the right to come to an opponents board and post after a tough loss in a tough season.

They are within their rights to call you out.

Stop crying like a baby over “hostility”. It makes you look at best smug, and at worst, weak. Maybe those are reversed..

Anyway, We’ll see you next year...good luck the rest of the season.

Yeah but USC isn't very good...USC actually made more dumb plays that killed scoring drives than they made good plays. The game was never as close as the score was. USC did almost anything they want and we provided little resistance. Anytime a team has 2 RBs go over 100 yards your defense just got trashed. And it was't being tired. We got picked apart on the opening drive.
Pretty much what I saw (note 2 minor changes in boldface). SC's first drive suggested a long evening. Never quite "equalled" that drive but pretty much dominated more than the score implied.

Regarding the thread topic, was the Cats' D that bad?

Well, coming into the game, the Cocks were averaging 333 YPG (#104) and 19 PPG (#110) in FBS competition They got 387 yards and 24 points against the Cats. Still, it was UK's inability to move the ball against an SC defense that was "holding" opponents to 35 PPG (#96) and 492 YPG (#112) that really did them in.

Peace

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT