ADVERTISEMENT

I didn't think D was that bad really.

Jan 5, 2017
You take away the 2 turnovers and they probably hold USC to 10 points and 13-14 Tops. They were put in some bad spots. You only can do so much when your offense is at one point in game 0-9 on 3rd downs. Yeah they had some missed tackles and USC ran pretty good. They bent alot but really didn't breakdown major other then the fumble start 2nd half along with early INT. The second turnover killed us and the offense just continuing to have a 1980s offensive mentality. Turnovers gave USC 2 SHORT fields they cashed in with TUDDY'S as well. YOU TAKE AWAY THE 2 TUDDY'S off turnovers maybe they only give up 3 more points. I mean legitimately we could of just lost that game 13-7. I know wat ifs! I hate what if's!!! WHAT IF GRASSHOPPERS HAD .45 1911'S BIRD'S WOULDN'T F--K WITH THEM! I am just saying we have way more problems on offense then on D IMO.

When our offense held the ball long
enough without turning it over so that we could bring in the Aussie cannon, our D looked decent.

But when they’ve been on the field 3/4ths of the game!! With exhaustion comes error.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
Honestly, i'm really disappointed in Kash and our linebackers. They are objectively not good. Can't cover. Can't read the field. Can't tackle.
100% tonight. The first drive showed it all.
Ran it right down our throat and made us taste it and like it... it set the tone.
Idk if defense knew SS was hurt and couldn’t be an effective Qb... whatever it was, wow.

We gave up 2 100 yard rushers. Even with everything else going wrong that tells me our defense sucks.

Reactions: BlueBloodKyFan
The D showed some maturity in a game that was trying to get out of hand. That being said, I’m pissed.

Reactions: The-Hack
They haven't been great, but haven't given games away like the offense

With all respect to your team, your D did fine tonight. Our run game has looked like this against everyone this year, even Alabama.

That being said, I actively root for Kash Daniel to fail. Dude is a POS and I really enjoyed seeing him look lost and irrelevant tonight.

You take away the 2 turnovers and they probably hold USC to 10 points and 13-14 Tops. They were put in some bad spots. You only can do so much when your offense is at one point in game 0-9 on 3rd downs. Yeah they had some missed tackles and USC ran pretty good. They bent alot but really didn't breakdown major other then the fumble start 2nd half along with early INT. The second turnover killed us and the offense just continuing to have a 1980s offensive mentality. Turnovers gave USC 2 SHORT fields they cashed in with TUDDY'S as well. YOU TAKE AWAY THE 2 TUDDY'S off turnovers maybe they only give up 3 more points. I mean legitimately we could of just lost that game 13-7. I know wat ifs! I hate what if's!!! WHAT IF GRASSHOPPERS HAD .45 1911'S BIRD'S WOULDN'T F--K WITH THEM! I am just saying we have way more problems on offense then on D IMO.

TO killed us

We kept them out of the end zone but tackling was not very good. Too many plays where we let USCjr keep drives alive due to miss tackles..Second week of allowing two 100 yard rushers too. Not a good night on either side, but it would take perfect to win with this offense.

With all respect to your team, your D did fine tonight. Our run game has looked like this against everyone this year, even Alabama.

That being said, I actively root for Kash Daniel to fail. Dude is a POS and I really enjoyed seeing him look lost and irrelevant tonight.

Go back to the cock board and enjoy whats going to be your signature win of the year.

Two hundred yard rushers.
Bad enough defense.
Rushing D is getting worse with each game. LBs are getting mauled largely because they're undersized. Then there's the DBs with their grabbing and slapping attempts at tackles. Last 2 weeks 3 senior RBs, one from Miss St and two from SCAR, sliced and diced UK's D. Just really a pathetic showing.

When our offense held the ball long
enough without turning it over so that we could bring in the Aussie cannon, our D looked decent.

But when they’ve been on the field 3/4ths of the game!! With exhaustion comes error.
100% tonight. The first drive showed it all.
Ran it right down our throat and made us taste it and like it... it set the tone.
Idk if defense knew SS was hurt and couldn’t be an effective Qb... whatever it was, wow.
We can only thank the ineptness of the USC coaching staff that it wasn't any worse than it was

What surprises me most about our secondary is the lack of closing speed. Maybe that's why we have to allow such a cushion. They rarely had the receiver covered when the ball arrived. With the exception of the long ball that our guy got his hands on, it seems the receivers were always a couple steps ahead of our cover guys. ....and then when our guys got there, they have difficulty tackling.
One of the things I recall about last year's team was that our d backs were decent tacklers. When out in space, they could bring a guy down. This year's group doesn't seem to be nearly as good at tackling.

D had a poor tackling day and the dbs are inexperienced. DEefense has a huge opportunity to step up in November in winnable games. Offense issue is partially the need for a dual threat qb when we have lost 2 qbs already. SS has struggled in passing game and cant afford to have him run a lot. Tough situation. This team will get better if we find some rythm at QB.

Not sure many like the opinion but I said it at the start or near the start of the MSU game .. Stoops hung KD out to dry when he punished him the way he did .. ( I've already stated KD should have been punished , but in some other way) You dont strip your senior team captain and starting MLB of his spot and his captain spot over that incident . I said it then and its playing out as I suspected , Kash wasn't the greatest before this happened , he relied on toughness , grit , emotion and willpower , he lacks the speed needed to really be better ... but Stoops neutered him . And KD looks like a player afraid to go balls to the wall again. he knows the coach doesn't have his back and will hang him out to dry if he screws up again . And in todays goofy ass world of the pussification of football he could get placed in that spot without even trying. ( targeting ) . Who knows maybe the entire D was pissed at the way Kash got treated at MSU . It sure didnt help our focus and defensive intensity last night. That was a TOTAL team failure , not just at QB .

Last edited:
Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
I think everything was that bad, last night. Total systems malfunction. And I'm probably most disappointed with our line play, both sides of the ball.
I agree with brother Withers on this. For a coaching staff that has been together this long.. and I'm speaking of Stoops/Gran/Hinshaw this looked like rookie season.
And line play was supposed to be the strength of this show.

Honestly, i'm really disappointed in Kash and our linebackers. They are objectively not good. Can't cover. Can't read the field. Can't tackle.
Not sure why you singled Kash out. Our tackling was a complete embarrassment Saturday night.

SC run plays often are not strait at the line but cross field behind their line & then cut up. That's different than I've seen & seemed to confuse the LB's in particular.

The D held SC to as few as yards per play as they did FL. Call that bad if you like. MSU was much worse.

D is not aggressive and hard hitting like they have been. Seems to be concerned with targeting, maybe, or just not playing with the passion we were seeing. Have no clue about the offense. Seems there should be a QB on the team, getting beat badly by their backups.

The D gave up 24 points yesterday while being on the field for most of the game. That same offense put up 23 against bama and we act like the d was terrible.

USC had a bye week last week. Those are big when making a qb move forced to backup as you can add more stuff that suited the qb you wasn’t expecting to be playing. Seen lots of post about bowden should of been in more. It’s hard to go from a special package to a full game qb in middle of one week on the fly. (Smith was healthy till the half of Miss state game with shoulder). Look for the off week to be spent putting more stuff in for Lynn at qb. Still think you have to use smith some, but look for full series of bowden.

Not sure many like the opinion but I said it at the start or new the start of the MSU .. Stoops hung KD out to dry when he punished him the way he did .. ( I've already stated KD should have been punished , but in some other way) You dont strip your senior team captain and starting MLB of his spot and his captain spot over that incident . I said it then and its playing out as I suspected , Kash wasn't the greatest before this happened , he relied on toughness , grit , emotion and willpower , he lacks the speed needed to really be better ... but Stoops neutered him . And KD looks like a player afraid to go balls to the wall again. he knows the coach doesn't have his back and will hang him out to dry if he screws up again . And in todays goofy ass world of the pussification of football he could get placed in that spot without even trying. ( targeting ) . Who knows maybe the entire D was pissed at the way Kash got treated at MSU . It sure didnt help our focus and defensive intensity last night. That was a TOTAL team failure , not just at QB .

I'd figure it must also be disheartening for a defense to know that the only way the team can win is to hold the other team to fewer than 7 points.

Reactions: ManitouDan
The D gave up 24 points yesterday while being on the field for most of the game. That same offense put up 23 against bama and we act like the d was terrible.

USC had a bye week last week. Those are big when making a qb move forced to backup as you can add more stuff that suited the qb you wasn’t expecting to be playing. Seen lots of post about bowden should of been in more. It’s hard to go from a special package to a full game qb in middle of one week on the fly. (Smith was healthy till the half of Miss state game with shoulder). Look for the off week to be spent putting more stuff in for Lynn at qb. Still think you have to use smith some, but look for full series of bowden.
We did not have a bye week last week. Mizzou killed us and our offense looked like trash. I honestly don't know how we both look worse than Mizzou but we do.

Reactions: STL_Cat
My bad, but your offense looked like crap in the second full week of a back up qb. Same timeline as we were in this week.

My bad, but your offense looked like crap in the second full week of a back up qb. Same timeline as we were in this week.
It didn't look great but we did have 2 backs that ran for over 200 on your defense. Our crap was just way better than your crap last night. I didn't think our lines were good but they looked good last night. That said the road is about to get real for both teams especially ours.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Still have not given up 30 points to any opponent, that ought to keep you in games . . . Unless you have no offense all.

You guys can do whatever mental gymnastics you want to convince yourselves our defense isn’t bad. Just watch the games. Opposing offenses are doing pretty much whatever they want against us without much resistance. Our 3rd & long defense is atrocious.

And yes, I’m aware that the offense is even worse.

Reactions: GridCats
You guys can do whatever mental gymnastics you want to convince yourselves our defense isn’t bad. Just watch the games. Opposing offenses are doing pretty much whatever they want against us without much resistance. Our 3rd & long defense is atrocious.

How many games do you win scoring 7 pts? This is ALL about offense in all three loses. Until the HC changes his philisophy we will have this problem.

Impossible to judge the defense given the offense was literally a 3 and out machine...

Saw some good things. DLine got some good pressure, Oats looked like the future. Echols and Mosley did some nice things...Taylor played well. Corker did some good stuff.

Boogie played closer to what I expected.

Problem was they played almost the whole game...they were exhausted which led to slow legs. That leads to poorer execution and missed arm tackles.

This team has one problem right now. We need an offense that can generate plays to get first down, especially on third and short...of that happens the whole thing looks diffferent...

I honestly think Bowden as QB with smash mouth football with the backs is our best chance. gram trying to show a “pass first” mentality when QB personnel doesn’t support it.

Message to recruits is, look at where we will be in two years, and QB will have a chance for quick PT.

Impossible to judge the defense given the offense was literally a 3 and out machine...

Saw some good things. DLine got some good pressure, Oats looked like the future. Echols and Mosley did some nice things...Taylor played well. Corker did some good stuff.

Boogie played closer to what I expected.

Problem was they played almost the whole game...they were exhausted which led to slow legs. That leads to poorer execution and missed arm tackles.

This team has one problem right now. We need an offense that can generate plays to get first down, especially on third and short...of that happens the whole thing looks diffferent...

I honestly think Bowden as QB with smash mouth football with the backs is our best chance. gram trying to show a “pass first” mentality when QB personnel doesn’t support it.

Message to recruits is, look at where we will be in two years, and QB will have a chance for quick PT.

The defense was awful the first series of the game, with fresh legs.

Reactions: crestcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT