ADVERTISEMENT

I am so sick of officiating in college basketball

I m just glad it was someone else getting screwed than us . The double dribble call was so obvious . Refs changed the result of the game . Why ?

It was a terrible call. Stop listening to that apologist CBS hired to cover the refs' arses. He did NOT impact that shot.

Yes it was a foul, but would they have called it, if it was the other way around?

Just curious, did they need to add time back on the clock? I missed that part of it and it seems like they always do that for ACC schools, js. Anyway, it serves Auburn right, they deserved to lose either way, double dribble missed. I still don't want an ACC school to win it though.

Correct call on foul. Officials can't worry about clock. Gotta call the game as they see it. Did miss double dribble.

Yeah they missed the double dribble. I didn’t think about it at the time, I just figured he lost possession & regained it.

But the foul was legit. He only bumped him a couple inches, but that’s how far off his shot was. If he hadn’t been bumped he may have made it. Gotta give him the shots.

You can’t jump into shooters. Never jump forward. Gotta jump vertical. Always. Almost all fouls on 3 pt shooters are when defenders jump forward

they are not suppose to determine the outcome of games with calls or no calls but they do it all the time ruining the game
It was the right call. Pearl blew the game, Auburn had 2 fouls to give and didn’t foul, they let Guy hit a 3 in the corner to cut it to 1. Bad coaching by Pearl and Bennett, Jmo.

College basketball has to be suffering from refs that have gambling problems or personal vendettas. Either that or they are completely incompetent at their jobs. It is turning college basketball into an unwatchable sport, and it is by far the biggest problem facing college basketball today.

Same situation as the 3 from the other corner with the same amount of contact and no foul a few seconds earlier. Shooter kicked his feet out to get the call and fell backward. Contact sure. Foul, no more than the others. Refs made this call that determined the game. Too bad. But I can't stand Va. IMO Auburn got hosed just like they were supposed to be.

This just shows how many fans don't know the rules. We got people arguing about a CLEAR foul. He bumped Guy in his shooting motion. That's a foul. A terrible foul that ended Auburn's season.

I dont care if it was the right call or not. College refs are s**t.

This just shows how many fans don't know the rules. We got people arguing about a CLEAR foul. He bumped Guy in his shooting motion. That's a foul. A terrible foul that ended Auburn's season.
Foul should never have occurred. It was a BLATANT double dribble. All the analysts are even saying it was a double dribble.

Reactions: AirJordan
That is a hard call at the end of the game. Was it a foul? Yes. He moved into the shooter's space. However, I have my doubts that Auburn would have gotten the same call. Missed double dribble call earlier. Virginia certainly benefited by the officiating today.
Absolutely!!!

Foul should never have occurred. It was a BLATANT double dribble. All the analysts are even saying it was a double dribble.

Yea it was. That was a terrible miss on the officials.

But you're still up three and you bump a shooter for three shots. Auburn lost that game on some dumb shit. Elementary shit. Never foul a shooter.

AU player undercut Guy on the shot. That's the dirty type shit they pull. They were whistled for it this time.
You are not getting the point the official did not call the double dribble that should have turned the ball back to auburn it is not about who you like or don't like make the right calls

Reactions: musrat59
Folks trying to defend the refs and the 3 shot foul have an insurmountable problem with the mid-court double-dribble. There is NO EXCUSING missing a call that obvious if these are the best college refs in the game - which they are supposed to be.

The 3 shot foul is not relevant, although we all know that that contact isn't called 98% of the time.

Yea it was. That was a terrible miss on the officials.

But you're still up three and you bump a shooter for three shots. Auburn lost that game on some dumb shit. Elementary shit. Never foul a shooter.
Can’t eat your whistle and 2 seconds later not. That just screwed Auburn.

That was absolutely a foul. They can’t swallow their whistle just because it’s at the buzzer.
They absolutely do all the time! Personally I thought it was a foul with the body, not hitting his arm, so he got off a clean shot. No way you make that call with less than a second to go, again if that had been Kentucky, that official would be in witness protection for the rest of his life.

So NO ONE noticed the double dribble until after the game. Come on! And it looked a tad like the Auburn player could have touched it (clearly didn't) but he stuck his hand out at the same time the ball was mishandled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT