ADVERTISEMENT

I’m so tired

Fox2monk

All-American
Jan 23, 2017
Louisville, KY
Of having a team good enough to compete and Cal blowing it every single year. We can’t win the SEC, we can’t even win a tournament game anymore. It’s a freaking joke. Best time of the year and I can’t even enjoy it. I don’t even wanna watch some great games today thinking about it. Every year I fill out a bracket and think we can get an elite 8, especially with recent draws. Not this year. First year I’ll have us out in the first weekend. I have 0 faith in Cal now.

I'm always shocked that people can even watch other games. When we lose in the conference tournament, I'm out. Same for the NCAA. It only brings me pain to watch. I move on to other things.

But I'm right there with you...I remember this being a stressful but POTENTIALLY fun time of year. Now it's only pain. ONLY pain. I dread March. And that is absolutely ****ed up to say as a UK fan.

This wk and the next 2-3 should be the best time as a basketball fan, but when we lose out I just lose interest in the game. The hs sweet 16 happening as well, but us continuing to flame out with a talented roster just drags me down. I wish I didn’t care like cal but I can’t, I’d be willing to spend to travel and watch the team but I’m not dropping that $$$ for us to lose early in Nashville or the ncaa. It’s a sad state where most uk fans are nowadays, definitely feel the best days are behind us with Cal.

This wk and the next 2-3 should be the best time as a basketball fan, but when we lose out I just lose interest in the game. The hs sweet 16 happening as well, but us continuing to flame out with a talented roster just drags me down. I wish I didn’t care like cal but I can’t, I’d be willing to spend to travel and watch the team but I’m not dropping that $$$ for us to lose early in Nashville or the ncaa. It’s a sad state where most uk fans are nowadays, definitely feel the best days are behind us with Cal.
No way in hell I’d spend money to go watch the Cats anywhere other than Rupp now. Cal doesn’t care about regular season games, doesn’t care about the SEC tournament and it’s all about March apparently yet we don’t do squat there either so.

Same here, I absolutely dread it now. This month used to be my favorite of the year by far!!!!!! After being burned so many times and watching so much talent come thru, only to be mismanaged, I don't look forward to March anymore. 2015 broke me, and I lost most of my faith in Cal. If you can't win a title with that roster, then you're not winning another. That's when I knew he was a sham for a coach and simply a recruiter.

2017 came along, and I had hope that the talent would outweighCal's ineptness. Then the rooferie happened........ that's literally the last time I felt we had a chance at winning it all.

Then this year happened. And once again I felt we had more than enough talent and depth to win despite Cal. Early in the year he stayed out of the way and let them play, it was absolutely electric. Although not strong defensively there wasn't a team in the country that could keep up with them, hell even then they were more aggressive on defense by playing the passing lanes for steals. Once the 7 footers came back it all fell apart, we stopped playing the passing lane except Reed. It's like Cal told them to stay in front and rely on the bigs to block shots don't gamble now look at our defense it's just that. The offense bogged down a bit the bigs clogged the lane and the ball movement we once had stopped. We went to floppy action, throwing to the post and iso plays. We stopped sharing the ball and running the offense at a higher pace like earlier in the year. Go back and watch it's night and day despite still putting up good numbers. This team had an identity earlier this year and embraced it, not so much now.
With Cals totally f*cked up line ups, starting line ups that dig us holes nearly every game, and continuing to give minutes to guys struggling he's put his agenda over the betterment of the team. He's gonna play his guys no matter how it hurts the team, he's gonna run his style of play to detriment of the team. He's going to refuse to switch defenses despite watching teams get layup after layup, open 3 after open 3. His stubbornness and coaching killed 2015 and it'll kill 2024. I could go on but I won't......not that much more anyways.

I said in December if he stays out of the way we win it all, if we don't we'll struggle in conference then in the tournament. We've seen it happen too many times whether the pumpers want to admit it or not he's derailed some great rosters. Yet here we are again.... I've lost my short lived excitement, I've lost the rare moment of hope for the season we hardly get anymore. This team was fun, the season was fun. The man I despise, John Vincent Calipari decided to foul it all up. He burnt us again, he stole our joy, he stole our excitement, he stole our hope.....he stole our March.

Of having a team good enough to compete and Cal blowing it every single year. We can’t win the SEC, we can’t even win a tournament game anymore. It’s a freaking joke. Best time of the year and I can’t even enjoy it. I don’t even wanna watch some great games today thinking about it. Every year I fill out a bracket and think we can get an elite 8, especially with recent draws. Not this year. First year I’ll have us out in the first weekend. I have 0 faith in Cal now.

I don’t even bother filling out a bracket anymore. Thanks Mitch!

But I think the first sentence is the issue. Or well part of it anyways. We don't have teams that compete every year. There's far too many seasons under Cal we aren't even in the conversation.

This team will go on a run in the NCAA tournament. Some will laugh because they can’t see past whatever the most recent game is and we happened to lose to an A&M team that now doesn’t care as much. Just watch, we have a Kentucky leader on this team that will get them focused, we have shooting and we have star power, the run is coming.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildcatsworld
Agree with every word of this. This time of year used to be my Christmas. I could live with not enjoying players for more than a year ...when we were winning. Now that Cal has been exposed, and with every slip of his tongue in regards to his priorities, it's just sucked, TBH. This is lo longer Kentucky basketball. I miss Kentucky basketball. I'm not a hateful person, but this jagoff has ruined one of my life's pleasures. Something I grew up sharing with my family, especially my dad. Now, our 'Kentucky time' is frustrating and polluted. Kentucky basketball has literally become a negative thing when we talk about it, not a joyful time.

John Calipari, I want you freaking gone. Now. I want Kentucky basketball back. You may not care, but we sure as hell do. Do the right thing and pack your bags.

This team will go on a run in the NCAA tournament. Some will laugh because they can’t see past whatever the most recent game is and we happened to lose to an A&M team that now doesn’t care as much. Just watch, we have a Kentucky leader on this team that will get them focused, we have shooting and we have star power, the run is coming.

We can't stop anyone lol. Teams get into the lane vs us whenever they want. There's absolutely no interior defense despite the fact we have not one not two but THREE 7 footers on the team.

Shooting has never been the issue. Texas AM was just one game but it illustrates what has been the issue the entire season.

Incredibly disappointing. I was livid last night...probably moreso than I've been since EE in '17. Team was awful, Cal's decisions were awful, officials were awful.

It is a bit of whining on our part as this is just basketball...but it did totally sour my weekend too. I was ready for games all weekend, selection Sunday, opening weekend for all 3 of my boy's soccer leagues...pissed now. Wife is sick, daughter is sick and there is no basketball.

Now realizing we have potentially no more than 1-2 games with this group it is just depressing. This team has been fun but fun just isn't enough.

It will be an abject failure if Calipari has this group home and out by next weekend. Anything short of a serious run and someone needs to step up and push him out.

I am as optimistic as anyone but, history is a teacher. The level of guard play alone, should encourage UK fans - this is crucial for a tournament run. The negative is coaching, however, and it is glaring. You have two top ten lottery picks and cannot beat a hungry TAMU team. No defensive aggression, little offensive rebounding effort and multiple missed opportunities to use your depth to pressure another team. Basic skills that should be the cornerstone of this particular team.

It is almost surreal how finally having shooters - and no real defense - is supposed to fix everything. My observation is that Calipari is relying on his ability to recruit and then, believing the “superior” talent will win games philosophy will prevail. Coaching has become more complex and Calipari seems to have major limitations in this area. Other coaches are playing chess when Calipari is banking on his talent.

Going forward, there should be a thorough evaluation of his product on the court this season. I hope he sees the writing on the wall and moves on himself. UK needs to find a hungry, successful coach who is not married to the NBA but, who have a vision for making UK dominant again. Jm2cents

I am as optimistic as anyone but, history is a teacher. The level of guard play alone, should encourage UK fans - this is crucial for a tournament run. The negative is coaching, however, and it is glaring. You have two top ten lottery picks and cannot beat a hungry TAMU team. No defensive aggression, little offensive rebounding effort and multiple missed opportunities to use your depth to pressure another team. Basic skills that should be the cornerstone of this particular team.

It is almost surreal how finally having shooters - and no real defense - is supposed to fix everything. My observation is that Calipari is relying on his ability to recruit and then, believing the “superior” talent will win games philosophy will prevail. Coaching has become more complex and Calipari seems to have major limitations in this area. Other coaches are playing chess when Calipari is banking on his talent.

Going forward, there should be a thorough evaluation of his product on the court this season. I hope he sees the writing on the wall and moves on himself. UK needs to find a hungry, successful coach who is not married to the NBA but, who have a vision for making UK dominant again. Jm2cents

Good observation and a fair assessment...it is rationale which is lacking often on this board.

I have my eye on Todd Golden. The guy is proving himself.

He is young and gets it. The answer may be in our conference and not who some have wanted. He isn't a gimmick guy and has zero baggage.

Last edited:
Now realizing we have potentially no more than 1-2 games with this group it is just depressing. This team has been fun but fun just isn't enough.
This really does suck. I was looking forward to watching these guys all weekend. I love watching these kids play, and knowing most of them are gonna be gone as we stare down another short, disappointing March is hard to stomach.

No way in hell I’d spend money to go watch the Cats anywhere other than Rupp now. Cal doesn’t care about regular season games, doesn’t care about the SEC tournament and it’s all about March apparently yet we don’t do squat there either so.
I take my boys to a game or 2 at rupp for the last couple years but that’s it, they’re wanting to go to Nashville for the SEC but I just can’t bring myself to spend that kind of money when we can’t win 1 game is what I tell them. It’s just painful to see where we are as Uk fans, we finally got 10 loss tubby out of here cause he pretty much quit and wouldn’t make staff changes but now 10 losses are the norm with Cal. Not sure who the answer is, but I do know that I have no faith in Mitch making the next hire whenever that is.

I don’t have 15-20 years for this to work itself out, so I’m just going to assume we lay eggs in March. In other words, I no longer get my hopes up. I expect exactly what I saw last night. It’s become the norm.

Haven’t made it past the first weekend since 2019. 🤬 No reason to think we’re going any deeper this time with the defense we have and a coach unable or unwilling to make adjustments.

Hope they don’t put aTm in our bracket. That’s where the run will end.

I will admit I’m ridiculous, but I won’t watch anymore college basketball until tomorrow night at 6 for the bracket. If we kept advancing I probably watch not only the SEC games but the other tournaments as well.

Reactions: Lazlo7
I will admit I’m ridiculous, but I won’t watch anymore college basketball until tomorrow night at 6 for the bracket. If we kept advancing I probably watch not only the SEC games but the other tournaments as well.

Yeah it's weird but I am exactly the same way. It's odd how UK losing affects me watching all of the other stuff in addition to the games I expected UK to be in lol

I check out after UK loses, luckily I saw some good games before we shit the bed. It’s been awhile since I can say I’ve enjoyed March Madness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT