ADVERTISEMENT

I’m not usually a crowd complainer….but

I was there and it was electric in the last couple minutes I thought
I was there too and it got very loud towards the end and during overtime. Definitely had a positive effect on our team when they needed it. People sitting at home always complain about the crowd but never go to the games themselves. That does really get old. If you hate our crowd that much buy a damn ticket and go cheer loudly!!!!

I was there too and it got very loud towards the end and during overtime. Definitely had a positive effect on our team when they needed it. People sitting at home always complain about the crowd but never go to the games themselves. That does really get old. If you hate our crowd that much buy a damn ticket and go cheer loudly!!!!
I’ll be there Friday, thanks lol.

Crowd sucked tonight for 95% of the game.

I’ll be there Friday, thanks lol.

Crowd sucked tonight for 95% of the game.
Agree, but team wasn't getting them too excited with a rather sloppy defensive effort against the 3. And, seems like neither Cal or the players adjusted to it either. I just can't blame the crowd for what's going on in the game like this board does so often. I surely don't want a Duke scripted crowd at Rupp where they jump up and down all game and cheer from a printed cheer sheet. Would you really like that better??

I was there and it was loud near the end, Tre said in the post game they couldn't hear each other on defense. I only get to a game or two a year at most, but Ive always noticed we as a fanbase(im guilty of it as well) intently watch/coach from the stands and forget to cheer. You can hear the chatter around you about details within the game sitting in the arena. The dorks at Duke see their first basketball game when they get to campus, they just show up to dance around.

The loudest it’s been is when they were hoping STJoe missed both FTs.

Rupp absolutely sucks tonight. Usually when it’s a tight game in the 2nd half it will get a little rowdy.

Is it possible that the sound just isn’t coming through very well on TV?
I was there, and yeah it was loud for the free throws (free chicken!), but the last 4 min or so were VERY loud, my ears rang a little afterwards. They just kept hitting shots through the noise.

They really do want those free sammiches though 🤣

Maybe if they gave away a free sandwich after every UK win then they'd cheer like that the entire game.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
While I don't anymore, I had season tickets for both football and basketball for quite a while. To be honest, I get/got annoyed by the people that would yell at fans to stand up and scream while I'm trying to watch a game. I have no problem with fans that want to stand up and scream, but while I cheered when appropriate, I didn't want to stand up and scream the whole game. As I got older, I wasn't able to, and people just complain about the old people not standing up and screaming enough. My experience has been that both Rupp and Commonwealth get plenty loud in appropriate situations during games. I also agree with whoever said that if fans want it louder, they need to come off the hip and buy tickets and go make it louder.

While I don't anymore, I had season tickets for both football and basketball for quite a while. To be honest, I get/got annoyed by the people that would yell at fans to stand up and scream while I'm trying to watch a game. I have no problem with fans that want to stand up and scream, but while I cheered when appropriate, I didn't want to stand up and scream the whole game. As I got older, I wasn't able to, and people just complain about the old people not standing up and screaming enough. My experience has been that both Rupp and Commonwealth get plenty loud in appropriate situations during games. I also agree with whoever said that if fans want it louder, they need to come off the hip and buy tickets and go make it louder.
The Brown hairs don’t buy tickets. They sit at home and complain on social media while partly watching the game

Rupp absolutely sucks tonight. Usually when it’s a tight game in the 2nd half it will get a little rowdy.

I honestly didn't see anything tonight for the crowd to get excited about. Very boring game played by UK.

The Brown hairs don’t buy tickets. They sit at home and complain on social media while partly watching the game
This

Complainers who contribute nothing Complainer about one's who do. Keep your broke ass home and complain more.

You realize for people in WKY and other parts of the state that's like a 6 hour round trip. And that's just to get to Lexington and back, that's not accounting for getting there early to deal with traffic, getting in and out of Rupp, etc. So tack on a couple of more hours on either side, and it becomes a 10 hour turnaround. Hard to do on a work night. So, stay the night? Add 100 bucks onto gas and food and tickets. It's just not easy for a lot of folks outside of the Lexington area to do.

Our atmosphere does get loud at times, but it's not the same as it used to be. And some of that is due to the thing I mentioned, it's damn expensive to go to games anymore. Also, sport attendance has declined over the years.

Reactions: westerncat
Rupp is a big game/high profile opponent venue… always has been. The crowd isn’t compelled to be in a frenzy from the opening tip for the Saint Joseph’s of the world. They’ll chime in if it turns out to be needed to help the team out, as they did last night. Otherwise, such opponents are expected to be dismantled without assistance from the crowd.

Bring in Duke, Kansas, etc. and Rupp transforms into one of, if not, the greatest venues in the country.

Reactions: sjjones
I went to the game and it was quiet given the score, etc. just from my point of view, but I was more shocked that UK couldn’t pull away. Kept waiting for a big run to put a little separation on the scoreboard. They just kept hitting threes that took a little life out of the crowd. It did get loud toward the end of regulation.

Reactions: ala_kat2

We should merge this thread with the ones saying how buying tickets makes no sense. “I got my 100 inch TV, favorite recliner, bud light” so why go. Anyone that makes a commitment to go- especially against these crappy teams- are alright by me.

Edit- and I don’t have an issue with people that can’t/won’t go either.

You realize for people in WKY and other parts of the state that's like a 6 hour round trip. And that's just to get to Lexington and back, that's not accounting for getting there early to deal with traffic, getting in and out of Rupp, etc. So tack on a couple of more hours on either side, and it becomes a 10 hour turnaround. Hard to do on a work night. So, stay the night? Add 100 bucks onto gas and food and tickets. It's just not easy for a lot of folks outside of the Lexington area to do.

Our atmosphere does get loud at times, but it's not the same as it used to be. And some of that is due to the thing I mentioned, it's damn expensive to go to games anymore. Also, sport attendance has declined over the years.
THIS ^^ Not ever fan lives close to Lexington !

So, you're from western Kentucky and it's a problem for you to go to the arena. So, are all the other complainers like you just from western Kentucky too? I'm sure there are plenty of you right around Lexington who just complain to complain.

Reactions: UKortho
Yep. I was there last night. I was very impressed with crowd for a Monday night. Got quite loud last 15 minutes played.

Reactions: UKortho and ORCAT
It's a shame there isn't an, I don't know.. 25,000 person university around the corner we could tap into for mid-tier games that are just too far for a Tuesday drive?

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

I get that it is hard for people to get to the games. That is why I ultimately got rid of my tickets. I live in the Owensboro area and still went to most football games, but basketball games were hard. I'd generally go the game and then stay with my daughter in Louisville for the night after the game. Having said that, if you don't go, whether because you can't due to distance, can't because of finances, or just don't want to, don't complain about the people that do go. In the past people that wanted to go but couldn't get tickets because every game was sold out, maybe had a gripe. But tickets are available every game now. If you aren't there, don't bitch about the people that are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT