ADVERTISEMENT

How will the 23/24 team be remembered as a whole?

It could’ve and should’ve been a great team but bad Coaching cost that team from being great.

Just another nightmare. Same one I have had for years. I also thought that this season the apathy for Kentucky Basketball was at an all time high. Not only did we suck, but everybody just kinda lost interest collectively. I quit watching games, never listened to the radio show and rarely read any articles. The whole season was just a bad constipative experience. Glad it ended when it did. It was like watching a sick pet mope around. Just shoot the bastard, put it out of its misery. That’s what I’ll remember about this team

I'd have to think about it but perhaps the best mix of talent Can'tCoachCal had after the 2015 team, and just as badly coached as any of them. There was the talent to stay right with KU when that team had healthy players and could beat UConn. There was the coaching failure to never really teach any kind of defense at all, despite sensational athletes and size.

Also the team that finally brought the Cal nightmare to an end. That'll be the plus.

All excluding graduates and draft prospects have left UK after a more than disappointing end of season.
I learned early on the true expanse and enormity of the Pacific Ocean. Deploying on an inspection team from Langley AFB, Virginia to Japan, we first flew a C-141 leg to Hawaii for a 36-hour layover. Hawaii, of course, or so I thought, was well on the way to Japan, and our flight to Kadena AB, Okinawa would be an easy hop. Boarding that same C-141 at Hickam AB in Honolulu, and taxiing to the active runway, the pilot advised us that our flight time would be 12.5 hours! Wow! I was thinking more like six! Big place, the Pacific.

When there is a Pacific Ocean's worth of distance between the talent level and the achievement, this team can only be labeled an underachieving "BUST." Yes, a few good tantalizing wins to rub salve on our wounds, but overall a catastrophic failure led by a guy who, in the end, just couldn't seem to muster the effort needed to dig himself out of a deep, dark abyss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT