ADVERTISEMENT

How will the 23/24 team be remembered as a whole?

RexShepcat

Freshman
Jul 13, 2006
All excluding graduates and draft prospects have left UK after a more than disappointing end of season.

Who was on that team? Well we have the Rupps Runts, The Untouchables, how about The Forgetables since no one will remember their names.

Last edited:
The team that Cal mismanaged to the point he was run out of town.

It's not true that he was "ran out of town", but that will be the narrative and legacy of the team. The team that got hall of fame Coach Cal ran off (through his own mismanagement).

This team will be remembered for three things:
Cal’s last team.
The best three-point shooting team in the school’s history.
Most importantly, it will be remembered for Reed Shepperd.

Reactions: J_Dee
-Not starting 2 of the best players
-waste of potential with an AA and 2 top 10 draft picks not winning a single postseason game (and losing to the likes of UNC Wilmington).

Who?

That may sound sarcastic, but it’s actually not. I can tell you very little about the last 5 to 7 years with any sort of precision. I get years mixed up all of the time when discussing this failure or that failure.

The years before I can speak with amazing precision. It’s not the older age, just the complacency that Cal created. I just cared a lot less and barely tuned in to watch games.

This past season will just get mixed in with the jumbled mess of failure that we’ve experienced over the last 7 years.

The team that Cal mismanaged to the point he was run out of town.

It's not true that he was "ran out of town", but that will be the narrative and legacy of the team. The team that got hall of fame Coach Cal ran off (through his own mismanagement).
It was the performance of managing the team that caused Cal to run himself off.

Reactions: WildcatNC
Another group of guys going through the motions.

Sheppard just through another pass that went 3 rows up while I wrote this.

Reactions: Fox2monk
One of the most fun and entertaining roller coaster rides in years that crashed into a paper mache wall and splintered into a billion pieces eventually resulting in a complete reset of the program.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
The team of REED AND ROB..... and if the song didnt pop into your head, you're dead inside lol

also that our own coach tried to steal their hearts and limit their potential out of his own giant narcissistic ego

All excluding graduates and draft prospects have left UK after a more than disappointing end of season.
People will remember how good Rob and Reeves were. How Sheppard was better than expected. At the end of the day not a single player stayed from that team, and they won nothing. They will be a footnote of failure in our history.

13 dudes playing for the back of their jerseys who couldn't wait to get it over with and cash in elsewhere

Reactions: Fox2monk
Fun, shiny failure.

A disappointing but fitting end to an era of UK basketball that saw the top of the mountain and then fell off the SOB.

A couple nice regular season wins. A couple more head scratching losses to teams they shouldn't have lost to. 0-2 postseason. Coach leaves after lying and saying he was working "24/7" to "get it right." Every single player bails, most of whom didn't even bother to say, in the words of Jim Cornette, "Thank you. F you. Bye"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT