ADVERTISEMENT

How Many Had Alabama to the F4?

Kinda surprised because typically jump shooting teams struggle in one of their first 4 games and don't make it through. However, Alabama rallied against UNC and then got a revenge game for the Elite Eight.

Good job by them to capitalize. It's going to take a helluva effort to beat UConn but the only way to beat UConn is to keep up with them offensively, as Creighton showed earlier this year. Bama can do that.

I thought their defense was too weak for it to be very likely this year. They still aren’t dominant on that side of the ball, but they’ve stepped up just enough to allow their high powered offense to get it done. Having some bench players like Dioubate in the round of 32 and Stevenson tonight have career nights in close games doesn’t hurt either. It’s been a heck of a run.

Absolutely embarrassing for this University when that school can make a final four and we haven’t been to one in a decade.

Sure is hell won’t see Kentucky in any football playoff final four and this is even more atrocious than that

Give'em credit for not obsessing over their defending. Often it's best to roll and augment strengths rather than get lost scrutinizing a weakness.

This year, we were who we were on defense. There was no magic elixir to cure that malady. Sticking with what we were great at would have been superior to combing the roster and throwing out random players to see if they could work a miracle.

Not me. But Congrats to Alabama!
Pick Me Whats Up GIF by Film Riot

Absolutely embarrassing for this University when that school can make a final four and we haven’t been to one in a decade.

Sure is hell won’t see Kentucky in any football playoff final four and this is even more atrocious than that
Yup and they were like a lite version of us this year. Shows how much coaching matters.

Reactions: Jakerz
SEC teams that have made the Final Four since UK last did it:

2024 Alabama
2019 Auburn
2017 South Carolina

2024 Tennessee?

Not me. I didn't trust their defense. Plus, we beat them so easily I figured they weren't very good.

Reactions: CrimsonCats

Leave football alone

I think Kentucky football > Alabama basketball easily. There’s no reason we can’t win to an elite level in both. We’re close to knocking on the door of the playoff when it expands. The follow up hire from Stoops is the one that means the most historically.
There are tons of teams that are not final four material in football every year. A lot easier to do it in basketball than football

Reactions: 2StepShep
Give'em credit for not obsessing over their defending. Often it's best to roll and augment strengths rather than get lost scrutinizing a weakness.

This year, we were who we were on defense. There was no magic elixir to cure that malady. Sticking with what we were great at would have been superior to combing the roster and throwing out random players to see if they could work a miracle.
Why didn't oats go with a big stiff that couldn't score?

I think Kentucky football > Alabama basketball easily. There’s no reason we can’t win to an elite level in both. We’re close to knocking on the door of the playoff when it expands. The follow up hire from Stoops is the one that means the most historically.

There's actually quite a few reasons we can't win to an elite level in football. Expanded sec, eventually 9 games in conference, less NIL and talent than most other sec programs, etc.

If the playoff expands to 16 we can sneak n at 9 and 3 if we can accomplish that record again n the NIL and crazy transfer portal era. We won't be elite if we make the playoff and lose 2 times every 10 years though. That will just make UK a solid program and that's not a bad thing.

Bama/UK defenses sucked this year. One coach chose to chalk it up as "we knew we weren't a defensive team and just tried to outscore people" and the other called his team out and told them they won't do anything if they don't improve on that end. No surprise that the coach who called his team out is still playing and the coach who ignored responsibility and was coddling is recording awkward marriage counseling like videos with his inept AD.

I didn't have Bama beating UNC but had them in Sweet 16. I've always liked how Oats coaches and his team plays so that wouldn't have changed a thing in how I viewed him as a HC should they have lost. But this is like '11 UK for Bama-they had what was seen as "the team" last year and then breakthrough this year. Enjoyed how they beat ACC teams back to back as well.

Even with four NCAA wins Bama's D is still ranked 104th in the country per Ken Pom.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT