ADVERTISEMENT

How Long?

R.O.T.Muckinfush

Sophomore
Jul 13, 2017
How long can Stoops hang onto his job? Will we be forced for 2 or 3 more years because of the buyout or will the administration make a move? Is this team already lost? Going to be interesting how it all plays out. I know it's a huge buyout, but if things really go south then I cant seehim surviving another season. My prediction, this is his last year.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
How long can Stoops hang onto his job? Will we be forced for 2 or 3 more years because of the buyout or will the administration make a move? Is this team already lost? Going to be interesting how it all plays out. I know it's a huge buyout, but if things really go south then I cant seehim surviving another season. My prediction, this is his last year.
The is ZERO chance he is fired after this year. None. Mitch wouldn't do it regardless if there was a buyout or not and the fact there is a $47 million buyout makes it impossible.

Can you drop the Stoops hate for a while? It's getting old.

Stoops will never be fired by Mitch. If we had a real football oriented AD, our stadium wouldn’t be called “kroger field”.

Things are changing with the fields now. Arky has just signed a deal with Tyson Foods and Walmart to have their logos on their field. I only seen that posted at one place so it could be a joke I bit on. But our board was asking who we would like on our field and the most popular were Delta, Coke and Waffle House. So at the time the Kroger Field thing was questionable but now it looks like UK was the trend setter.

Reactions: mrschwump
Things are changing with the fields now. Arky has just signed a deal with Tyson Foods and Walmart to have their logos on their field. I only seen that posted at one place so it could be a joke I bit on. But our board was asking who we would like on our field and the most popular were Delta, Coke and Waffle House. So at the time the Kroger Field thing was questionable but now it looks like UK was the trend setter.
100% correct Grumpy but calling UK a trend setter is more than the nay sayers can handle. Hell, even TN is in praise of Lot Lizzards everywhere. 🤣

Just my opinion but 2025 will be the earliest that Stoops gets canned. I do think the obscene buyouts in Stoops contract is a sign of pure malfeasance on Barnhart’s part. Someone please tell me Stoops still isn’t getting the automatic one-year extension for getting to 7 wins(?).

I believe UK was the 4th P5 school to get naming rights for their stadium and it was the most lucrative of all the deals. It wasn’t common at all at the college level.
This isn't rocket surgery, if somebody wants to give you major skrilla for naming rights take the money and run.

Just my opinion but 2025 will be the earliest that Stoops gets canned. I do think the obscene buyouts in Stoops contract is a sign of pure malfeasance on Barnhart’s part. Someone please tell me Stoops still isn’t getting the automatic one-year extension for getting to 7 wins(?).
Don't know about an extension but he probably gets a bonus for so many wins and/or a bowl. About all coaches contracts are written as such.

Between the buyout and being the winningest coach in program history, I think he’s pretty much here as long as he wants to be. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s very likely already peaked and worry that he’s actually starting to regress now in terms of success. I just have a hard time envisioning a scenario where we fire him.

If he were to only win 3-5 games all year, how could they bring him back. They could, but I can't imagine how bad it would be. And under that scenario if you do bring him back and next year is just as bad, the money they would start to lose from so many people checking out could start to be competitive with his buyout. At some point firing him becomes a risk/reward decision. And it might, for the program overall be better to do it sooner rather than later.

Between the buyout and being the winningest coach in program history, I think he’s pretty much here as long as he wants to be. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s very likely already peaked and worry that he’s actually starting to regress now in terms of success. I just have a hard time envisioning a scenario where we fire him.
Another couple of games like SC this year might be a definitive test.

If he were to only win 3-5 games all year, how could they bring him back. They could, but I can't imagine how bad it would be. And under that scenario if you do bring him back and next year is just as bad, the money they would start to lose from so many people checking out could start to be competitive with his buyout. At some point firing him becomes a risk/reward decision. And it might, for the program overall be better to do it sooner rather than later.
He'll step down, they'll negotiate a buyout.

Ultimately the fans hold the real power. Because if they stop going to the games, start to not care etc. Mitch and the powers that be would have no choice. Because the diminishing returns you start to accumulate as a program start looking worse than the buyout itself. Now I'm not suggesting people stop going to the games. I'm saying under the right circumstances that are starting to look plausible they will. And if that starts to happen, do you really want to let it drag out?

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT