ADVERTISEMENT

How important is style of play

sosoblue

Senior
Aug 18, 2004
I believe style of play is important in this hire both on the defense and offense side of the ball. One of my chief complaints about Cal was his lack of offense and defense adjustments. He would play the same way no matter what and it was frustrating to watch sometimes. If you had your choice on style of play outside of Hurley who else would you go with?

Reactions: jace2012
I believe style of play is important in this hire both on the defense and offense side of the ball. One of my chief complaints about Cal was his lack of offense and defense adjustments. He would play the same way no matter what and it was frustrating to watch sometimes. If you had your choice on style of play outside of Hurley who else would you go with?
From that aspect alone, I'd take Oats and never look back. He changes offenses and defenses based on both his players, who's hot and who's not. He also heavily scrutinizes the scouting film, and uses analytics toward a modern game.

NO COMPARISON.

Key for me is feeling like the coach is doing whatever it takes to win by preparing, adjusting etc. not a fan of “only worry about us”. I loved pitino because it felt like he was not only motivating the team but exploiting weaknesses of opponents. Only say that as an example don’t want actual pitino.

Also I really like defense so as much as I like fast paste :) and run and gunning, it is also fun to know we can shut down another team and get crucial stops. I miss that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT