ADVERTISEMENT

How bad do we beat Duke in Nov and who guards Flagg?

Flagg is going to be a tough cover, I say he gets around 20 against us. He’s the real deal. We have to just play good team defense against him. Probably put Williams on him. Maybe Otega out on the wing. Duke is young but extremely talented again. Lots of new guys but we will have our hands full. I hope we win because we finally have the upperclassmen. It will be a dog fight and a 5-9 point win would be great.

I’m hoping UK wins obviously.
But I would not be surprised with a win for either team in this game.

If UK looses this game it will not decide the final season outcome as they can and will bounce back.

If UK WINS…. This team and fan base will be pumped and ride the mojo and momentum for most of if not the whole season.

Reactions: sefleming
Hope we win every game we play but we are gonna be huge underdogs with Duke being a top 10 team and us probably being unranked. If we stay within 8 I'll be very pleased.

If Duke's frosh are intimidated by the big time game atmosphere and our guys are hitting 3's we could win it.

They've got talent no doubt but it's mostly a roster of guys who haven't played together and about 50% freshmen. I see some roster redundancy too - lots and lots of wings who are used to getting shots. Who will be their glue guys? Will Scheyer be able to manage egos when multiple 5 stars are upset they're not playing? I'm expecting Flagg and Malauch to be really good. Will they be great? Will their guard play be good or average?

I'd predict a coin flip game. Assume most non-UK fans would predict Duke though. Would love for Pope to start his tenure with a bang

Body Flagg all night with more physically mature players. His biggest weakness is the same as most freshmen, not going to be physical enough out of the gate.

Body him up and make him guard out in space and I like UK’s chances.

Duke's actually deeper than we are, and they have a legit star.

That said, they will have around 11 guys who will expect to be rotation pieces. That's just not happening. I think their season ends in turmoil. Too many mouths to feed, especially at the forward/wing positions.

The hope here is that the Duke team will be too new and young. The transfers they got aren't going to start over the recruits (I don't think, at least), which means its gonna be a lot of inexperience.

I don't see any way they aren't starting 3 freshman, with another 3 or 4 getting 10-20mpg. Proctor will be getting another 30 and he's pretty meh to me.

I think their experience will be tucked away on the bench, and if it not, that's going to be an issue for them as it means their freshman aren't ready. Kentucky of course has a lot of transfers, but as I recall they were all generally rated higher and seem to be ready to play day 1.

I also will take Pope's coaching over Scheyers at this point, until I see Scheyer prove us wrong. Pope getting BYU to a 6-seed in the big12 is, to me, better coaching than anything I've seen from Scheyer. If anything, scheyer has been a slight disappintment.

All that said, they still have more NBA talent on their roster and one of the highest graded recruits in Flagg. I'm glad we are playing them early.

I would put Carr on Flagg. I think his length annd reach will give him trouble. I believe we will win this game by 7.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT