ADVERTISEMENT

How awesome would it be if Richards

I like what I have read and seen about Richards. He will be OK and he seems to be a good defensive player. I like his attitude. GO CATS!!

Reactions: JC43 and c1doc
I'm excited to see what he brings on the table next season. From what I saw from the all star games, he has to improve his hands. Despite having only playing basketball for around 5 years, I'm confident he's going to be real good.

Nick Richards is a stud in his own right. 7' with a 7'4 wingspan and a 30" no-step vertical. His no-step vertical would put him roughly on par athletically with Jarrett Allen. He's probably the most athletic center in the class. So, yeah, it would have been nice to have the kid with the 7'9 wingspan and the cool name. But we aren't going to lack in talent.

Not to mention that SKJ will be back next year and his pre-season workouts he measured at 6'10 with a 7'2 wingspan, 33" no-step and 37" max vertical. We have some athletes to play in the post.

Nick Richards is a stud in his own right. 7' with a 7'4 wingspan and a 30' no-step vertical. His no-step vertical would put him roughly on par athletically with Jarrett Allen. He's probably the most athletic center in the class. So, yeah, it would have been nice to have the kid with the 7'9 wingspan and the cool name. But we aren't going to lack in talent.

Not to mention that SKJ will be back next year and his pre-season workouts he measured at 6'10 with a 7'2 wingspan, 33" no-step and 37" max vertical. We have some athletes to play in the post.

I like our guy's chances better than Bolden's, lol.

I watched them both play at least 5 or 6 times. I love Richards athleticism, but right NOW, Bamba is much further ahead as far as playing College BB

Yeah, I don't actually think he's better than Bamba. But he thinks he is, and he has a nasty streak. That's half the battle.

Richards definitely has the potential to become a star but he ain't there yet. I do like that he's more physical than Bamba. Richards has to improve his hands. I noticed quite a few times in the all-star games where he received a pass and it would have ended in a clean dunk if he had caught the ball cleanly.

Not getting Bamba stinks but we are stacked talent wise. Sure our experience level is a clear weakness but Cal has proven his teams get better as the season goes along. Getting Knox was key for next year because we now have a go to scorer which is what we were lacking. Hopefully Diallo comes back to solidify the other wing slot but if he doesn't I still like our team next year, a lot.

Richards has a chip on his shoulder and felt like he was better than Bamba.

Not saying he is, but if he brings that attitude to Lexington it could reap big benefits.

Love hearing that. It's exactly the attitude we need him to have.

Reactions: Aike
Yeah, I don't actually think he's better than Bamba. But he thinks he is, and he has a nasty streak. That's half the battle.

And if he believes that and is willing to work for it, he can be better than Bamba in college. He might not get drafted as high, but he can push himself to have a better year.

Chris Lofton was super pissed off that UK said no. He made us pay for 4 years.

Attitude is everything.

Reactions: Aike and Brando Mac
I watched them both play at least 5 or 6 times. I love Richards athleticism, but right NOW, Bamba is much further ahead as far as playing College BB
As I stated a month ago; the games I watched on TV... I was never mesmerized by Bamba. He is obviously really good, I was just never sure about the "great rim protector" part.
Yes, it would have been great to have him...but I don't think he was going to be difference between championship or sweet 16...UK is so young, I will be shocked if we get to the final four...even if Bamba pulls a TJ

(Pre and post committments) I was just as impressed by Richards in the all-star games and YouTube videos as I was Ayton or Bamba. The one positive difference I see on Richards versus the other two is Richards seems to know what his role as a #5 is and Ayton and Bamba see themselves as 4's in a 5's body. IMO

Reactions: JC43
Yeah, that won't happen. Bamba is 1st or 2nd pick barring injury.
Not true. Porter Jr. and Ayton are both more polished offensively and ranked higher by nearly all the major outlets.

You also tend to have 1 or 2 guys outperform their rankings. Collin Sexton immediately comes to mind, Mitchell Robinson or Kevin Knox could be in striking range.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT