ADVERTISEMENT

House of the Dragon

Not trying to be negative to be cute… I was very underwhelmed. The dialogue was corny, and it was like they tried to squeeze in as many references to names and places that are from the GOT timeline even though it had minimal plot impact. The blonde wigs all look awful. CGI is ok… but the mixture of actors and CGI was distractingly poorly done. Absolutely no subtlety about the patriarchal line of succession and women being inferior, and how absurd it is. It is absurd, but you don’t have to show me how absurd it is over and over. But look! A female rising above anyway! Oh also look over here… there’s another S1E1 jousting tournament to demonstrate how long-held tensions may potentially boil over! How original!

And this may just mean this show isn’t for me.. but I don’t care about these characters and I’m having a hard time buying in. It all still leads to the events of GOT and a stupid ending that wastes the entire lineage of the Targaryen family anyway. An ending they brought up in this episode… by establishing the timeline in relation to Daenerys Targaryen— a horribly finished waste of a previously solid character. What’s the point? I’m sure the Jon Snow spin-off will exist just to try to salvage the ending of GOT and also give credence to the prophecy at the end of this episode… but it feels like they’re going out of their way to salvage what they can out of this franchise without taking any risks. I’ll continue to watch but I’m not excited about it.

Last edited:
Not trying to be negative to be cute… I was very underwhelmed. The dialogue was corny, and it was like they tried to squeeze in as many references to names and places that are from the GOT timeline even though it had minimal plot impact. The blonde wigs all look awful. CGI is ok… but the mixture of actors and CGI was distractingly poorly done. Absolutely no subtlety about the patriarchal line of succession and women being inferior, and how absurd it is. It is absurd, but you don’t have to show me how absurd it is over and over. But look! A female rising above anyway! Oh also look over here… there’s another S1E1 jousting tournament to demonstrate how long-held tensions may potentially boil over! How original!

And this may just mean this show isn’t for me.. but I don’t care about these characters and I’m having a hard time buying in. It all still leads to the events of GOT and a stupid ending that wastes the entire lineage of the Targaryen family anyway. An ending they brought up in this episode… by establishing the timeline in relation to Daenerys Targaryen— a horribly finished waste of a previously solid character. What’s the point? I’m sure the Jon Snow spin-off will exist just to try to salvage the ending of GOT and also give credence to the prophecy at the end of this episode… but it feels like they’re going out of their way to salvage what they can out of this franchise without taking any risks. I’ll continue to watch but I’m not excited about it.
What they need to do is retcon the last two seasons, bring back the cast… and redo the whole thing. Make it 3 seasons as well. Winterfell it’s own season and Kings Landing it’s own.

Yep. The last 2 seasons were garbage compared to the rest. They didn't know how to finish it. Georgy is a lazy fatass who didn't know how to finish his own story either so can't blame d and d that much.

As a whole I loved GOT tho so will def give this a watch
I blame most of it on George but D and D showed that they couldn’t in fact write anything without his outlines. I’ve seen multiple fan theories and predictions that were 100x’s better and more plausible than what they did.

Yeah. I hadn’t seen Backdoor Bimbos 1 through 2 and just couldn’t make sense of 3.
Well you can’t make sense of the backdoor in the third movie if you haven’t seen 1 or 2. It’s like watching Return of the King without seeing Fellowship of the Ring or Two Towers.

I had high expectations for the show and thought it was good. My problem is that I am holding it up to/comparing it to GOT and really that's not fair to the series. I believe this will be a good show as it moves through the next couple years. Really excited about John Snow's spinoff as well.

Reactions: downw/ball-lineD
Solid episode but it hasn't grabbed me just yet. Regarding the Daenerys text, perhaps we're getting the complete breakdown of the Targaryen's and the birth of Daenerys in the final episodes if this series has a long run. Some may ask what's the point if we basically know how things end, but Better Call Saul was similar in that regard and people watched. Of course that also means this series would span 172 years and I have no idea how that would work. I just don't want this thread to become a rehash of complaints over how GoT ended. Those conversations have been done to death. This could end up being a solid precursor. Maybe in a decade, fans can begin with House of the Dragon, followed by Game of Thrones, and finish with the Snow show.

As a side note, I love being able to watch this in 4K. Had to wait years for that type of technology to see Thrones look that good.

Reactions: chroix
Solid episode but it hasn't grabbed me just yet. Regarding the Daenerys text, perhaps we're getting the complete breakdown of the Targaryen's and the birth of Daenerys in the final episodes if this series has a long run. Some may ask what's the point if we basically know how things end, but Better Call Saul was similar in that regard and people watched. Of course that also means this series would span 172 years and I have no idea how that would work. I just don't want this thread to become a rehash of complaints over how GoT ended. Those conversations have been done to death. This could end up being a solid precursor. Maybe in a decade, fans can begin with House of the Dragon, followed by Game of Thrones, and finish with the Snow show.

As a side note, I love being able to watch this in 4K. Had to wait years for that type of technology to see Thrones look that good.
HBO is supposedly in talks to redo GOT. Not sure how serious they are talking about it but they are talking about a 10 to 12 season redo

HBO is supposedly in talks to redo GOT. Not sure how serious they are talking about it but they are talking about a 10 to 12 season redo
First I'm hearing of that. Doesn't make a lick of sense but if HBO has an endless supply of money and can get everyone back to make a portion of the GoT base happy I'd watch it. Doesn't seem feasible though unless again, they just have money we can't imagine since each episode of the later seasons of Thrones cost millions.

Where’d you see that?
Some ASOIAF guys I follow on Youtube. They follow all the people involved with hbo and Martin on twitter and fakebook. It's not a deal or in motion but the president has talked to people about it

First I'm hearing of that. Doesn't make a lick of sense but if HBO has an endless supply of money and can get everyone back to make a portion of the GoT base happy I'd watch it. Doesn't seem feasible though unless again, they just have money we can't imagine since each episode of the later seasons of Thrones cost millions.
They cut a bunch of stuff from the books and if they redo it they'd theoretically put that back in. They have this show, they are considering doing a Roberts Rebellion and then doing the Dunk and Egg series. They made it sound like if those other shows get a really good audience that they would consider the redo.

Reactions: Nightwish84
They cut a bunch of stuff from the books and if they redo it they'd theoretically put that back in. They have this show, they are considering doing a Roberts Rebellion and then doing the Dunk and Egg series. They made it sound like if those other shows get a really good audience that they would consider the redo.
Good info. My only worry is the Westeros Universe becoming too watered down like The Walking Dead stuff or something incredibly massive like the MCU. People not already on board won't jump on if they feel they have to somehow tackle 200 hours of content.

Reactions: chroix and hmt5000
I'm not sure what the point of redoing the GOT TV series would be before the book series is complete. SPOILER ALERT: GRRM will die before it is, which might be the only way it is ever finished. I'd much prefer they just make new GOT content and write around the crappiness of the last two seasons, like Disney tries to do with Star Wars and the prequels.

The first 5.75 seasons of GOT might be the greatest TV ever, anyway, so I'm not sure what could be improved prior to the Daves running out of source material and mailing the rest in.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Game Of Thrones Fire GIF

Reactions: thabigbluenation
I'm not sure what the point of redoing the GOT TV series would be before the book series is complete. SPOILER ALERT: GRRM will die before it is, which might be the only way it is ever finished. I'd much prefer they just make new GOT content and write around the crappiness of the last two seasons, like Disney tries to do with Star Wars and the prequels.

The first 5.75 seasons of GOT might be the greatest TV ever, anyway, so I'm not sure what could be improved prior to the Daves running out of source material and mailing the rest in.
With all the streaming services they need content. They would look at it as locking down 15 million subscribers for 10 years. Netflix is losing subscribers and Disney lost tons. HBO is still hanging on but they are going to need to hit some homers to not face the same fate.

This would also be if the other few shows gain a significant audience. If those don't do really well it would be hard to invest in a redo... and it would be in 8ish years after the other shows have ran their course.

Reactions: chroix
With all the streaming services they need content. They would look at it as locking down 15 million subscribers for 10 years. Netflix is losing subscribers and Disney lost tons. HBO is still hanging on but they are going to need to hit some homers to not face the same fate.

This would also be if the other few shows gain a significant audience. If those don't do really well it would be hard to invest in a redo... and it would be in 8ish years after the other shows have ran their course.
It’s all the woke bullshit content these streaming services are putting out. Netflix is starting to correct the course, but Disney plus is maintaining and digging in. Disney is more screwed then anything. They spent what 72 billion for fox properties, has the parks to maintain and add on, and pumping out way too many shows to keep up with.

Was their any flying fire breathing dragon. Always great when they swoop down and destroy an Army

Stolen from Facebook. Sorry for language.

House of Dragon aka Game of Thrones Aka Dem Thrones aka Dem MF Dragons Season 1, Episode 1 Takeaways:

1.) “The only thing that would tear down the house Targaryen, was itself..”

And so begins the clear foreshadowing of what we are getting tf into.

2.) Lol Viserys just be been winging it.

Great Council: We choose you!

Viserys: Shiiit, aight bet.

Doctor: Yo, we gotta cut your wife open so we can kill her and give your son a chance.

Viserys: Ok, cool.

3.) Uncle Daemon put that necklace on Rhaenyra like she Aaliyah and he’s R Kelly Targaryen.

4.) Yo, King Viserys’ wife really should’ve shut the **** up about not giving birth again in hindsight.

5.) Daemon Targaryen is def Blue Lives Matter.

He and them Gold Cloaks would’ve beat the shit out of BLM.

6.) I see why y’all inventing guns cause ain’t no way I’m jousting with nan ni**a.

And then they fight AFTER? Y’all couldn’t pay me enough.

7.) FULL SPEED HORSE AHEAD!

Me: *Gets off horse*

Also me, while walking away: Ain’t no piece of royal ass worth enough for me to be cool with a horse on horse collision. Naaah, I’m not Caucasian enough.

8.) Nobody:

Daemon Targaryen: I’m going to be the biggest asshole that the assholes of Westroes has ever seen.

9.) I wouldve been drinking Milk of the Poppy just because.

10.) Medieval child birth was ****ing wild

11.) Medieval child birth had yt women dying. Now you know that’s risky.

12.) Nobody:

Medieval Child Birth:

Black Women: Seee..

13.) The Hand of the King Hightower pimping out his daughter like backpage opened back up.

14.) Daemon just be ****ing up.

This Ni**a is Joe Biden’s son.

15.) So it took Daemon ****ing up and his wife and new born to die for Viserys to realize that the the one true ruler, Rhaenyra, was in his face the whole time?

16.) Yo the fact that Viserys warned Rhaenyra about the white zombie walkers 200 years before they got their squad up is fascinating.

17.) Bravo to this episode. Happy to see a bunch of YT people acting like total fools while the one Black dude is calm and collected, refusing wine and shit so he can have all his faculties in order.

18.) Breh, Again..

Medieval child birth was ****ing wild.

House of Dragon aka Game of Thrones Aka Dem Thrones aka Dem MF Dragons Season 1, Episode 1 summation:

Nobody:

King Viserys to the Queen: You good, just hold tight!

The Queen: #DemThrones #GameofThrones

Credit: https://www.facebook.com/leslie.mclemore2

• Haha
Reactions: JDHoss
R Kelly Targaryen
😂

At least Viserys appears somewhat disgusted by the fact that all of his supposed friends are trying to pimp their barely adolescent daughters to him within months of his wife dying. I'm not looking forward to the inevitable scene of Daemon and Rhaenyra boning.

Last edited:
If you are like the first 2 episodes you should like the series. It should pick up the pace toward the end of the season. We are going to have a couple time jumps and they are recasting some of the characters to age them up so be ready for that.

Who’s got these answers (predicting ep. 3)? Idk anything about this weird shit. Winner gets a cut.
  • will we see crabs?
  • Will there be a wedding?
  • Will there be a battle scene?
  • Will we see the dragon Vhagar?
  • Will daemon mount caraxes?
  • Will rhaenyra mount Syrax?
  • Will any main characters die in ep. 3?
  • Will daemon and viserys meet face to face?

Predictions

King is going to take a stand and not marry a 12 year old by marrying a 16 year old.

Daemon is going to sneer in everyone’s general direction.

Rhaenyra will stand resolutely in various places around the kingdom. And will probably cry in private.

Ser Christen Cole will turn out to be a gay, like most Uber handsome young guys in GOT.

Blonde Morgan Freeman will look down his nose at everyone and storm out of rooms.

I have zero idea about the whole crab thing. WTF is going on there? I haven’t read the books. I guess some folks will get semi-crucified and get ate up.

I will keep having to make sure the kids aren’t watching over my shoulder

Ep2...

THE GOOD: The Dragons. Outstanding. They've put some serious $$$ into designing these to look so good. When hers rises up from the fog/clouds under the bridge, that was goosebumps stuff.

THE BAD: The intro is a rehash of GOT... and most of the two episodes so far seem to be "wash, rinse, repeat" to me. It's *kinda* interesting. But we've seen all this before. The MUST come up with some twists to keep me interested.

THE UGLY: The garden scene with the 12-year-old girl. Thank goodness the King is repulsed by the notion, too, but I just don't see any good justification for putting this in the series. I know they're big on pushing the limits for shock value, but I just don't have much patience for that. It was cringe x infinity.

Ep2...

THE GOOD: The Dragons. Outstanding. They've put some serious $$$ into designing these to look so good. When hers rises up from the fog/clouds under the bridge, that was goosebumps stuff.

THE BAD: The intro is a rehash of GOT... and most of the two episodes so far seem to be "wash, rinse, repeat" to me. It's *kinda* interesting. But we've seen all this before. The MUST come up with some twists to keep me interested.

THE UGLY: The garden scene with the 12-year-old girl. Thank goodness the King is repulsed by the notion, too, but I just don't see any good justification for putting this in the series. I know they're big on pushing the limits for shock value, but I just don't have much patience for that. It was cringe x infinity.
He’s repulsed by the 12yr old, but marrying a 15yr old lol. But hey… it’s RR Martin. I expect nothing else from him.

Reactions: hmt5000
ADVERTISEMENT