ADVERTISEMENT

House of the Dragon

Yep. The last 2 seasons were garbage compared to the rest. They didn't know how to finish it. Georgy is a lazy fatass who didn't know how to finish his own story either so can't blame d and d that much.

As a whole I loved GOT tho so will def give this a watch

Anyone planning to catch it tonight? I’m in, but I wasn’t super disappointed in the last couple of seasons of GOT like many were.

HBO cranks out good content. I suppose there won’t be as much t&a to draw everyone in this time.
About to download it right now and I’ll let ya know.

Reactions: chroix
First episode is already out if you know where to look but I'll check it out later. Doesn't seem like a lot of people are talking about the series, but I'm sure it'll be good. The look of it is incredible from trailers I've seen. Gone are the days of stretching out budgets and then canceling the show out of nowhere like what happened with Deadwood. Just hope fans of GoT give this version a shot. Would be like loving Breaking Bad (yes, I know that ended perfectly and Thrones didn't) and not watching Better Call Saul.

Reactions: SosaUK87 and chroix
Lunchbox ever gonna finish Winds of Winter? It has only been 11 years since a A Dance With Dragons.

I feel about this almost exactly the same as I feel about the Kentucky basketball team -- namely, the bells and whistles are cool and all, but I'm not really going to care until Winds of Winter comes out or we get back to the Final Four.

• Haha
Reactions: _Mav_ and SosaUK87
I’m excited to check it out. I didn’t get too tore up by the ending of GOT. Show was entertaining and I can’t help but feel like so much of the outrage was just another thing for people to get upset about. When I look at the way it ended versus any of the crap (looking at you Marvel) that has come out since it’s hard to be too critical.

I thought it wasn’t released until 9 pm?
I believe it gets released early on HBOGO or whatever the hell it’s called. Watched the first 15 mins or so and had to take the daughter to work. Gonna finish it shortly. It’s listed as an hour and 6 minutes so I’m hopeful.

Reactions: IdaCat
First episode is already out if you know where to look but I'll check it out later. Doesn't seem like a lot of people are talking about the series, but I'm sure it'll be good. The look of it is incredible from trailers I've seen. Gone are the days of stretching out budgets and then canceling the show out of nowhere like what happened with Deadwood. Just hope fans of GoT give this version a shot. Would be like loving Breaking Bad (yes, I know that ended perfectly and Thrones didn't) and not watching Better Call Saul.
I don’t think BB ended perfectly at all but I’m an asshole so…. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Nightwish84
I’m excited to check it out. I didn’t get too tore up by the ending of GOT. Show was entertaining and I can’t help but feel like so much of the outrage was just another thing for people to get upset about. When I look at the way it ended versus any of the crap (looking at you Marvel) that has come out since it’s hard to be too critical.
No the ending was absolute shit. I think I read an article where even the actors admitted it was shit.

No the ending was absolute shit. I think I read an article where even the actors admitted it was shit.

No dog in the fight but how did you want it to end that would have been better? I’ve got a bunch of friends that are still super pissed about it. I just haven’t felt like any of their takes were better. It had to end. They ended it.

The thing that pisses me off are the infinite number of great sci fi shows that get two seasons and killed. Netflix might be the worst culprit but all of them are guilty of doing it. Makes me reluctant to start new series honestly.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
I believe it gets released early on HBOGO or whatever the hell it’s called. Watched the first 15 mins or so and had to take the daughter to work. Gonna finish it shortly. It’s listed as an hour and 6 minutes so I’m hopeful.
Only place it is released early at is pirating sites

Reactions: SosaUK87
No dog in the fight but how did you want it to end that would have been better? I’ve got a bunch of friends that are still super pissed about it. I just haven’t felt like any of their takes were better. It had to end. They ended it.

The thing that pisses me off are the infinite number of great sci fi shows that get two seasons and killed. Netflix might be the worst culprit but all of them are guilty of doing it. Makes me reluctant to start new series honestly.
I just felt it was rushed so D&d could do Star Wars shit. One more season would have probably would have taken care of all the plot holes/stories it skipped/rushed.

That’s just imo

You?

I just felt it was rushed so D&d could do Star Wars shit. One more season would have probably would have taken care of all the plot holes/stories it skipped/rushed.

That’s just imo

You?

I can see that. Make the last season that was split into two full and maybe an additional one to flesh it all out.

Yeah it just wasn't how it ended tho, it's that they just threw some things out there and got it over too quickly without any emotion. Like the way Jaime and Cersi died. We sat through all of that just for that?

Or the night king just ended up as some guy...we built up to them coming over the wall forever then, see ya later. I mean his death was cool, but

Reactions: m080470

That’s just imo

You?
HBO gave them a budget for up to season 10 and they said nah and ended it as fast as they signed on for Disney. Which they got fired from and never did.

Bran being king was dumb as shit. Gentry was granted the title from bastard to baratheon which would have made him the rightful heir to the throne honestly. Everyone else's fate was fine but could have been done better and not rushed.

HBO gave them a budget for up to season 10 and they said nah and ended it as fast as they signed on for Disney. Which they got fired from and never did.

Bran being king was dumb as shit. Gentry was granted the title from bastard to baratheon which would have made him the rightful heir to the throne honestly. Everyone else's fate was fine but could have been done better and not rushed.
Yup. Preaching to the choir my man. Lol. Don’t get me started on Bran, Jon Snow, how quickly the blonde bitch went mad. I mean. I could go on for days. Lol

Last edited:
Oh yeah. I liked the show btw lol. Man something about GOT gets me pumped. I just wish HBO was like Apple TV and put out 3 episodes when a new season begins. Lol.

So it is available before 9 on HBO or only if I pirate it? That's a pain in the ass, especially on a Sunday night.

Yup. Preaching to the choir my man. Lol. Don’t get me started on Bran, Jon Snow, how quickly the blonde bitch went mad. I mean. I could go on for days. Lol
Just my 2 cents.

The gentry arya hookup was weird. She was always a kid to me. Robert wanted a stark and baratheon to unite. Gentry becoming king and sansa his queen would have fulfilled that. Irony in that she would have become the queen she wanted so bad. Jon should have taken the name of stark and filled the seat of Lord of winterfell.

Cersi and Jamie deserved more violent deaths somehow. The hound and mountains fight to the death is the only thing they got right.

The whole series was white walkers and winter coming so that should have been half a season to conclude not one episode.

Possibly missed a cool storyline in that the dwarf tyrion could have been a Bastard targaryan. Product of the mad king banging tywin's wife to spite him. That union being why she died during birth and why the dragons didn't kill him when he unchained them.

Many possibilities that could have made a more interesting ending to an otherwise great show.

I will be watching the new one tho. Got nothing else to watch anyway lol

Dan and Dave were the show runners for GOT. They were idiots that conned their way into a show. Once they ran out of source material all they had were boobs, dick jokes and dragons.

The guy running this show actually knows the material. GRRM is involved though not writing for the show. I am cautiously optimistic this will be the best the fantasy show this year. It won't be as much like GOT as some think. The Targs have close to 24 dragons and have absolute power.

Did you like the sopranos ending?
I was much younger then and at the time, thought my old tube tv cut out and was pissed (got into the HD widescreen tv game a little late). So that night, no, I didn't like the ending. Now I do but still feel the last season was rushed much like Thrones. I've gotten used to those types of endings now however. That type of just go to black ending has become a bit of a staple for some independent and A24 type films.

• Haha
First episode was pretty good. Hard not to have high expectations.....
Yea. Pretty good. The thing book readers have been worried about is the set up. It's a slow set up. The 2nd season is gonna be action packed. The other seasons will have really big moments. Season 1 really only has a couple big moments.

I don't like how they did Cole beating Daemon. In the book he absolutely embarrasses him. He actually emabarrasses everyone in a melee instead of the joust. That was one of the big moments and they kinda blended it in by making it a joust. It is actually kind of a big deal that Cole was clearly the best knight at that tourney.

Reactions: crashtestdummy
I don't like how they did Cole beating Daemon. In the book he absolutely embarrasses him. He actually emabarrasses everyone in a melee instead of the joust. That was one of the big moments and they kinda blended it in by making it a joust. It is actually kind of a big deal that Cole was clearly the best knight at that tourney.
Interesting. Definitely not how they presented it.

I thought the first episode was okay. Understanding it is an introductory episode. Not great. Not bad.

I was not excited about this at all. I kinda got my fill of the original series. But I jumped into it tonight, and I think they may have reeled me back in. :p
This series should get better as it goes. The first season is all fluff and backstory.... If what we think they are doing is right...

Reactions: Jeff Drummond
ADVERTISEMENT