ADVERTISEMENT

Hopkins & Ware to UL ?

After 2 seasons though isnt it fair to say Lance is not UK material?
I dont mean that against Lance as a person but as a player he is an offensive liability.
UK has always been about championships, AA’s and winning games. I just dont see Ware helping achieve any ofvthose goals at Kentucky. He might need to hit the TP too.
I get what you are saying but you know what makes Lance UK material? He is on the team. Whoever decided Lance Ware should be recruited needs to own it. Not saying Lance Ware deserves a starting spot, but he certainly deserves as much rope as Keion Brooks, and if he makes it to being a Senior and doesn't get more time, then he graduates from Kentucky and we recruit the next guy.

That is college ball. To say it isn't is basically saying you're all in on Cal, because that is college ball at about 270 other D1 schools

Reactions: UKortho
I really like this take. We have all been begging for upper classmen. If these guys are willing to wait and develop into good multi-year players I’m here for it. We aren’t going to win championships with constant 1 and done mid-major transfers. We have to have some player development.
What mid major transfer except Grady was on our team? We sure did well with 5 starting freshmen ranking 20-30 zone.

I get what you are saying but you know what makes Lance UK material? He is on the team. Whoever decided Lance Ware should be recruited needs to own it. Not saying Lance Ware deserves a starting spot, but he certainly deserves as much rope as Keion Brooks, and if he makes it to being a Senior and doesn't get more time, then he graduates from Kentucky and we recruit the next guy.

That is college ball. To say it isn't is basically saying you're all in on Cal, because that is college ball at about 270 other D1 schools
Ok, now we are getting somewhere. But, players have transferred to and from UK since peach baskets were played with. Its not a crime if a player doesn't pan out after a few seasons. And to transfer elsewhere is not being disloyal to the University as a whole or even the basketball program.
Lance sitting on the bench for 4 yrs and only playing spot minutes simply is a wasted scholarship if UK is still in the title business.

define wasted - how many years have we had open scholarships?
A guy that is taking up space on UKs bench that doesnt produce much of anything. The open scholly issue is something Im against as well and just another reason for Cal to kick rocks.

I wouldn't blame them.

Ware is not that good, but if Cal would have given Bryce more PT throughout the season and allowed him to play through his mistakes, he has all the tools to be great. Just needs a chance.

Cal is HORRIBLE at developing players now.
Yes, I wouldn’t want to play for any team with a vile hateful underbelly of ungrateful fans. Fans that will gut them with every missed shot.

• Wow
Reactions: catben
Not saying it won’t happen but Payne was hired by the Knicks in August and Hopkins committed in October. Don’t think he committed because of Payne.
Never stop Kyle from a good angle. Kyle also credited Joel Justus with Bam Adebayo and made everyone think Keion Brooks was the 2nd coming of Antione Walker. He was the biggest cuckold for this year's team which means he can't tell the truth or refuses to know the game of basketball.

Never stop Kyle from a good angle. Kyle also credited Joel Justus with Bam Adebayo and made everyone think Keion Brooks was the 2nd coming of Antione Walker. He was the biggest cuckold for this year's team which means he can't tell the truth or refuses to know the game of basketball.
He claims Payne "set the table" for Hopkins. I'm just not seeing it based on the timeline

He claims Payne "set the table" for Hopkins. I'm just not seeing it based on the timeline
Hopkins family wanted UK, he wasn't seen as good enough at the time....then they changed their minds. There was too much of that crap going on and it was killing recruiting. I like Bryce. He's skilled and has talent. Once he takes basketball seriously and points the finger at himself for being out of shape, he's going to be very good. Wherever that is. I just don't see it at Kentucky. Word was out he's been gone and don't see that changing. I'm fine with that. Clearing this roster with some guys opens up spots-it's what they do with that which used to be exciting and now is crucial.

Take Allen too. Watch a guy who can develop talent and they could be competitive.
He has proven himself at the Div1 level. Look at what Archie Miller did, Joker Phillips, and KP has a goldmine he is walking into. I wish UK program was on the level of UL program

This is just one man's opinion ! You guys need to quite getting upset over what one man said.

Honestly, they can have the scrub with the 4 inch vertical. I’d be pissed if we lost Hopkins to them though.

Man so many on this board begged and complained about not having 3 and 4 year guys but those same are probably the ones that want Ware and Brooks gone lol .

I hope they do go there, I hope Allen goes too, why sit on the bench behind Cal's special little favorites, then get put in the game for 30 seconds make one mistake, get yelled at and pulled back to the bench for the rest of the game?

Who wants to be a bench player for Cal? Not me.
I’m pissed at cal and his nerve ridden weak ass players right now but never to the point where I want good things to happen for Louisville. The hell is wrong with you?

I’m pissed at cal and his nerve ridden weak ass players right now but never to the point where I want good things to happen for Louisville. The hell is wrong with you?
I want good things to happen to those kids that are 4 year college players that are wasting their time sitting on the bench at Kentucky. I don't want to lose Hopkins as he is a future contributor and only a 2-3 year college guy.

I doubt Lance Ware transferring to Louisville would either boon their program or cripple ours, but I'd be happy to see a guy who has spent 2 years eating crap here do well somewhere else.

I'd much rather Dontaie transfer to Murray State or WKU and just be a 25 ppg baller.

But outside of NIL stacks, Kentucky has nothing to offer these young men unless John Calipari's temperament grows the way the grinch's heart grew.

Did you complain about lack of Vets on the team in the past? If not then the comment isn’t aimed at you .

The elephant in the room is uk was better when we had more freshmen studs with a couple of good experienced guys as supplemental players.

Yes, those are the pieces we need to stay and improve. Everybody wants players that can play in college well part of getting to that point in getting used to playing against other college players for a few years and improving their game. Cal and his BS have somehow swayed a large portion of people to quickly determine if a player is worthy of playing here. We have to have multi year high 4 star caliber players.
No, neither are very good. Not good enough for what all these Kentucky fans expect. I’d be happy if they left

• Haha
Reactions: JwUKFan11
Ware is already talking about the players camp on August. I think he stays, he is getting better every year.

Calipari has never been anything other than horrible at developing players. I can count on one hand the players who were markedly better when they left U.K. than when they got there, except for the normal progress of getting stronger and more mature, etc.
That alone might make an interesting thread. I mean, honestly, the vast majority of his NBAers would've gotten drafted no matter where they went. It's just odd he celebrates the number of NBAers he's had, but never mention the lack of results with all that talent.

What mid major transfer except Grady was on our team? We sure did well with 5 starting freshmen ranking 20-30 zone.
Mintz, Toppin, Grady. Not sure if you consider Creighton mid-major but borderline. Love all of those guys, don’t get me wrong but with Cal’s lack of coaching, he needs top 10 level players with complimentary players.

Don't worry....the kool aid drinking Cal cultists will still spin it favorably
I don’t know how but let’s be real, all year all I heard was Ware sucks and doesn’t deserve a UK uniform and Allen is broken so is that much of a loss? Hopkins I do want to keep.

Calipari has never been anything other than horrible at developing players. I can count on one hand the players who were markedly better when they left U.K. than when they got there, except for the normal progress of getting stronger and more mature, etc.
Well, I do think Oscar was 3 times the player he was at WVU, and even from the beginning of the season. He developed a shot outside of 3 feet that was very dependable by the end of the season. He defended very well and, for the most part, stayed out of foul trouble. We all thought he was foul prone before the season started.

I have a feeling that at least for the first year, Payne would not accept any Kentucky transfers. Not the foot he would want to get off on.

Tucker trying to get hits - he’s a great writer thst is working for a failing business model

Mintz Grady and TY Ty all mid majors along with Wheeler from Georgia. . KY should be able to land power 5 guards in the portal if not recruit Top 20 high Schoolers.

I don’t know how but let’s be real, all year all I heard was Ware sucks and doesn’t deserve a UK uniform and Allen is broken so is that much of a loss? Hopkins I do want to keep.
Ware's play improved imo. Allen really never got much of a chance this year. Hopkins vs LSU was really his only moment. I don't blame any of them for leaving.

I have a feeling that at least for the first year, Payne would not accept any Kentucky transfers. Not the foot he would want to get off on.
Why? He works for UofL. They aint exactly pals. UK and UofL I mean. Cal is soft anyway. He couldn't bust a grape with the bite he has now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT