ADVERTISEMENT

Hopefully the end is near

So you believe that Mitch is going to pay Stoops $3 million/year for the next 12 years to leave??????

I don't. Especially considering that he has a network of the BIGGEST donors that really like him and support the football program at the highest level.

It all comes down to Coach Stoops. Does he want to be here? Is he tired of having to work so hard to get players here and is there another program desperate enough to hire him away. It is apparent from his comments after these losses that he has NO intention of changing ANYTHING. So we are at HIS mercy for a while.

Again, Thanks Mitch.
I didn’t say he would do it, I’m saying that it’s financially possible. The total buyout means nothing (I think it’s $41 million right now). It’s the annual payout that means the most. Stoops is owed about $6.5 million per year through the 2030 season if he’s terminated without cause. Add that $6.5 to a $5 - $6 million salary for a new coach and it’s $3 million more annually through 2030 than we have committed.

When you add in 10,000 empty seats a game of it continues this way (about $1.25 million/game in lost revenue), then you definitely have enough money.

I agree with you that it’s most likely going to have to be Stoops walking away on his own after this year. I don’t agree about that if he lays another egg next year. My point is simply that the large buyout number is not as scary as most make it out to be.

Some lean years ahead for this program no matter who's the coach

Everyone on this board will be dead and UK still won't have made the sec title game, won the sec or won a national title.

College football is a joke with unfair it is set up.

Stop buying tickets for God's sake. Let it bleed out. It's the only way.
I’ve never been a fan of this take. Even with joker. I never got to go to game growing up. It wasn’t until I was an adult that I had money for such things. Now I take my kids as often as I can. We’ve sat through some amazing moments and some horrible beatdowns but memories were made and pictures were snapped. Don’t tell people how to live their lives. If you have the opportunity to go and you enjoy going, then go to the game. The pieces will fall where they fall with the coach. Go support the players and the program.

Auburn, South Carolina and Tennessee have amazing attendance year in and year out no matter how bad they have been over the years. They have rolled through like 10 different coaches during that time. The Kentucky way of encouraging an empty stadium is not the way. You’ll kill the culture along the way. It’s not a good look. Don’t think that replacement coaches aren’t looking at those empty seats.

Reactions: phunterd
I need to drop this off at the UKFB office...maybe it will help.
iu

I’m ready for Stoops to leave and have been for a while. However, we’re far away from Stoops leaving the program worse than he found it.
Generally would agree but would point out how much last night felt like the WKU loss in Stoops’ first year. It was like a book end. If he is back after this he has to be a different dude or what he built all falls down.

I didn’t say he would do it, I’m saying that it’s financially possible. The total buyout means nothing (I think it’s $41 million right now). It’s the annual payout that means the most. Stoops is owed about $6.5 million per year through the 2030 season if he’s terminated without cause. Add that $6.5 to a $5 - $6 million salary for a new coach and it’s $3 million more annually through 2030 than we have committed.

When you add in 10,000 empty seats a game of it continues this way (about $1.25 million/game in lost revenue), then you definitely have enough money.

I agree with you that it’s most likely going to have to be Stoops walking away on his own after this year. I don’t agree about that if he lays another egg next year. My point is simply that the large buyout number is not as scary as most make it out to be.
We need to get Dave Ramsey to look at this 😋

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT