ADVERTISEMENT

Hoover Stadium is big-

Gabewcat

Junior
May 22, 2002
Hoover stadium will play big and you can pitch a guy like Schanzer because those fly balls that flew out of SEC stadiums turn to fly outs at Hoover. Here's the dimensions:LF 340 LC 385 CF 405 RC 385 RF 340. They bought the fences in to match the ballpark in Omaha which has the same dimensions. You are going to win with singles and doubles rather than with home runs. If we can locate and not walk too many batters, bwe might be able to pitch with our secondary pitchers and win these games with offense. Auburn is in the same boat as Kentucky with the depth of their pitchers and that is why they are starting a mid-week guy with an era of 6.19. In the past, we have been able to pitch well at Hoover but that was when the park was even bigger.

Agree with most of that, Gabe.

Also think both UK and Auburn know that there’s nothing to be gained by throwing a top guy today and losing games later this week because you don’t have anyone left. Best strat is to try to steal one today with a Harper or Schaenzer.

Reactions: BluegrassBlake

Also think both UK and Auburn know that there’s nothing to be gained by throwing a top guy today and losing games later this week because you don’t have anyone left. Best strat is to try to steal one today with a Harper or Schaenzer.

Well it sounds like you could gain a berth into the tournament with a win so that’s a lot to gain imo, albeit I think we’re in regardless. The format of the SEC makes this Single Elimination game pretty important. Get through this one & you never know.

I still like this team if we could get pitchers healthy for a week.

Reactions: Comebakatz3

With UK apparently on the bubble, they have a lot to gain by throwing Hjelle and more to lose for not doing so.

Darren Headrick said on the Leach Report this morning that Harper is likely to start today.

Well it sounds like you could gain a berth into the tournament with a win so that’s a lot to gain imo, albeit I think we’re in regardless. The format of the SEC makes this Single Elimination game pretty important. Get through this one & you never know.

I still like this team if we could get pitchers healthy for a week.

A lot of people seem to agree with that. Sure won't hurt to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT