ADVERTISEMENT

Hawgs at Cats (DH)

I obviously haven't been to your new stadium, but it looked nice on TV. I personally despise artificial turf baseball fields, is the weather not good enough for grass, or was it a monetary decision?
I'm with you on the grass thing, but all the team's I mentioned above that are competing have had turf for several years and this is UK's first year...Don't mind the turf in the outfield and infield just put me some dirt on the mound, HP and around the bases for sliding. Baseball was made to get DIRTY!!:baseball::boxing:[banana]:cool2::sunglasses::joy:

Last edited:
I obviously haven't been to your new stadium, but it looked nice on TV. I personally despise artificial turf baseball fields, is the weather not good enough for grass, or was it a monetary decision?

I’m a natural surface person myself. But putting in turf makes sense when you consider the volatility of the weather in KY from February-May. Rain and snow are part of the baseball season every year in KY and putting in grass would be a dumb move because of that.

I don't like it either, and would prefer the grass and dirt. However, with the UK weather, we can get outside and practice a lot more and we can get more games in with the artificial turf. This is especially the case in Feb and March.

Reactions: cats1068
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT