ADVERTISEMENT

Have we really improved much under CMS?

Nov 5, 2023
I have a hard time seeing it. Teams make the same mistakes they made in year 11 that they did in year 1. Maybe worse. He gets questioned and he pops off with his flippant arrogant answers. It’s time to turn the page. He couldn’t get a job coaching a high school team. 9 million dollars down the shitter for nothing. Most overpaid, overrated coach ever.

You should be pissed after tonight. I’m very pissed. I honestly think the UK higher ups should think about how much longer Stoops should be the head coach. But you are completely idiotic if you think Stoops hasn’t improved UKs position in the SEC. Be mad all you want, but we are in a far better spot to attract talented coaches and recruits after Stoops than we were before him.

There will be plenty of coaches out there after this season to interview. Let’s look at all of them!

Reactions: K86
I never was much on getting rid of a coach. I always figured it was young talent, injuries , and so on. Now I am on the bandwagon to get somebody else. Trouble is, Barnhart is not a "rock the boat type". As long as it pays the bills, and nothing out of the ordinary happens we are stuck with who we have. Kentucky has always been, if we get to a bowl the season is a success. Thats not the case anymore. The paying fans want more and deserve more. No more season tickets or game tickets for me unless things change drastically.

You should be pissed after tonight. I’m very pissed. I honestly think the UK higher ups should think about how much longer Stoops should be the head coach. But you are completely idiotic if you think Stoops hasn’t improved UKs position in the SEC. Be mad all you want, but we are in a far better spot to attract talented coaches and recruits after Stoops than we were before him.
Well, I don’t mind if the higher ups are thinking Stoops should go but I hope they have a high profile replacement for him in the wings…

No. Demographics have changed drastically and recruiting is much easier. Add 3 cupcakes for instant wins and a down louisville, that saved marks ass. Tide has turned and high school fb coach mentality won't get you very far any longer.

Yes we have. But we've regressed in the past 2 years.

Can't use NIL as an excuse for losing to South freaking Carolina.
Barney blamed NIL tonight on the pregame show He said it has made things hard on the coaches.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
Improved a ton during his tenure but the last 2 seasons have been disappointing. Not acceptable to look this unfocused ever, let alone when you should have the better players. You simply don’t win games when you lose the turnover battle 3-0. Sloppy preparation. No discipline.

By god gotta win next week. Got to.

Reactions: 23jumpboy
Looking something like this...
iu

This was embarrassing!!! We are a real mess now and have been since the middle of last season. Poor preparation, lack of player development, too much dependence on the transfer portal and no, I repeat no quarterback development. Discipline at an all time low and no trust in the offensive coordinator to run a true offense!! Gee Wiz!!

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

This was embarrassing!!! We are a real mess now and have been since the middle of last season. Poor preparation, lack of player development, too much dependence on the transfer portal and no, I repeat no quarterback development. Discipline at an all time low and no trust in the offensive coordinator to run a true offense!! Gee Wiz!!

Improved a ton during his tenure but the last 2 seasons have been disappointing. Not acceptable to look this unfocused ever, let alone when you should have the better players. You simply don’t win games when you lose the turnover battle 3-0. Sloppy preparation. No discipline.

I’m a coen fan overall but he has mishandled Leary and the offense. I’d like to hear the reason our tempo is maple syrup.

By god gotta win next week. Got to.

The wool was pulled over many eyes due to a few wins over a weak SEC east division and cupcakes who won’t win more than 2 or 3 games in a bottom feeder conference.

Reactions: FirewithFire
I’m not Stoops’ biggest fan at all. I’ve been complaining about him for a while, but this is a silly question. For as much as he frustrates me and as much as I think we can do better, Stoops is going to leave the program better than he found it. There’s no doubt about that.

Last edited:
I’m not Stoops’ biggest fan at all. I’ve been complaining about him for a while, but this is a silly question. For as much as he frustrates me and as much as I think we can do better, Stoops is going to leave the program better than he found. There’s no doubt about that.
Not at this rate

Talented coaches are not going to work for Stoops. Not going to happen, not mad but that's just a fact.

Not at this rate
Short of a scandal, I don’t see how Stoops even comes close to getting us back to the Joker days. I’m pissed at this season and have been ready for Stoops to leave for a while but to suggest he hasn’t made this program better from when he started is crazy.

Looking something like this...
iu
I think this is accurate even if you were kidding.

Stoops has done a really good job from what he took over 11 years ago.....but 3 of the last 4 years have seen us take s huge step back behind MIzzou and USC again which stinks. So now we're ahead of Vandy and some crazy streak over FLorida is all we got now.

Not terrible coach but his time appears to be up...which happens. But if UK is stuck with Stoops due to Mitch's insane contracts....then it will pale Stoops era way more negative than it should. Mitch should be replaced like pronto IMO and we let the next guy make a call on Stoops after what appears to be a mess of 2024 season upon the horizon.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Barney blamed NIL tonight on the pregame show He said it has made things hard on the coaches.
Yea, then Barney is to blame on that because he put us way behind the 8 ball with his unwillingness to accept the new NIL landscape. Now we are still playing catch-up where others are miles ahead.
Just like his stupid refusal to sell alcohol. With ky football, you better be ahead of the curve with your thinking, and we are not.

Everything he’s asked for, he’s gotten. Money, upgraded facilities, coaches, and to put this shitty product on the field is a disgrace. After the loss coming up next week, they should decline a bowl bid and pack it up. There’s Vanderbilt, then there’s us then there is the rest of the SEC. We are nowhere near competing for even a middle of the pack position.

I never was much on getting rid of a coach. I always figured it was young talent, injuries , and so on. Now I am on the bandwagon to get somebody else. Trouble is, Barnhart is not a "rock the boat type". As long as it pays the bills, and nothing out of the ordinary happens we are stuck with who we have. Kentucky has always been, if we get to a bowl the season is a success. Thats not the case anymore. The paying fans want more and deserve more. No more season tickets or game tickets for me unless things change drastically.
So we beating UL?

Reactions: WildcatforLife1965
We've improved but unfortunately since COVID we've seemed to have regressed.
We likely wind up 6-6 this year which would be what you might call an an above average Joker type season.

Reactions: satcheluk
We've improved but unfortunately since COVID we've seemed to have regressed.
We likely wind up 6-6 this year which would be what you might call an an above average Joker type season.
Coach Stoops performance in year 11 should NO LONGER EVER be compared to "Joker". If it is, then UK Football is definitely going in the wrong direction.

Coach Stoops has ALLOWED the slippage by not DEMANDING accountability. He spouts off about it when we come up short, but we RARELY see any change from week to week. The undisciplined play in EVERY aspect of the game is KILLING what took him so long to build here.

You are one of my favorite posters on here because you are knowledgeable and care about the program like me. Could you give any insight on WHY Coach Stoops can't seem to get across to his players any more???

Then, the next BIG thing is our staff has not been as good with the transfers we committed to this season. They have ALL under-performed, ESPECIALLY Leary. Any hope that we can FINALLY start DEVELOPING kids we bring in on Offense and to an extent defense where we have ACTUALLY done better at it in the past under Stoops???

You are one of my favorite posters on here. could you give any insight on WHY Coach Stoops can't seem to get across to his players any more???
I confess I have no more insight into what goes on than the next member. However it's interesting to note that the team seemed to start regressing right around the time Stoops had a breakup with his family and they left town. I'm sure that can be a traumatic experience that can impact a high pressure 24-7 job like major college head coach. I'm not looking for excuses just analyzing/speculating a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: catben
Not really. We play more games against a weaker schedule. We’re no better than the teams of the 70’s and 80’s. And bowl games are pretty much handed out as a participation trophy anymore with as many as there are.

The gap between us and the best SEC teams hasn't changed much. I think you could argue it was smaller under Brooks with little or none of the support Stoops has had. What has changed is the middle/bottom of the conference has been historically bad, now other teams are showing improvement and most are seeing Stoops for what he is for the first time.

I think this is accurate even if you were kidding.

Stoops has done a really good job from what he took over 11 years ago.....but 3 of the last 4 years have seen us take s huge step back behind MIzzou and USC again which stinks. So now we're ahead of Vandy and some crazy streak over FLorida is all we got now.

Not terrible coach but his time appears to be up...which happens. But if UK is stuck with Stoops due to Mitch's insane contracts....then it will pale Stoops era way more negative than it should. Mitch should be replaced like pronto IMO and we let the next guy make a call on Stoops after what appears to be a mess of 2024 season upon the horizon.
Unfortunately, I wasn't kidding. 😞

While I truly appreciate KY’s superiority to SC like say Vandy, from 2010 to now you are 85-88. SC is 100-76. Maybe it’s a false reality creating that mindset for many. Plus, you build in 3 or 4 guaranteed wins per year with your scheduling. Your 5-0 start this year…look at your first 4 wins. Maybe the 4 worst programs in the nation.

SC is decimated with injuries. We are not a good team right now. Splain it and spin it any way you want…..you aren’t either.

And I hope Stoops stays a long time. You can do better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT