ADVERTISEMENT

Has Booker surpassed AD as the best current UK player in the NBA?

MWes11

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2012
For years now, AD has been the best current UK alum in the association. With AD's injury struggles, and the success Booker has been having now in the playoffs (he has been unreal in reg. season, but never made playoffs), is he the best UK player in the NBA now?

We have other legit stars littered throughout the NBA, which makes the NBA worth watching.

Is Booker the best?

Davis is and has been injured. We saw his impact when he's playing at his best in games 2 and 3. The Lakers won and appeared to be poised to run away with the series. Then AD got hurt and everything fell apart.

Part of the reason Booker was so dominant the last few games was Davis being out. The other Lakers bigs aren't good in pick and roll. They can't guard the 3. They can't slide their feet vs the drive. We watched Booker and Paul abuse Gasol and Drummond over and over. A healthy Davis would have bothered them a lot more.

The Lakers have a lot of problems. If AD was 100%, I think they win this series but lose later on in the playoffs.

Reactions: Fox2monk and chroix
Booker (24 years old):
67/72 games, 33.9 MPG, 32.7 USG
19.2 PER
OBPM 1.4/DBPM -1.5.
WS 4.9, VORP 1.1

Davis (28 years old):
36/72 games. 32.3 MPG, 29.2 USG
22.1 PER
OBPM 2.9/DBPM 1.6
WS 3.7, VORP 1.9

AD is obviously better -- as Col. Angus notes, particularly on defense -- but Booker's consistency equals more wins, so I'm going with Booker at the moment.

When Murray is healthy, it’s him. I think he had 3 50 point games in the playoffs last year.
Yeah...I'd vote Murray personally. He was impressive in playoffs last year and was heartbreaking to see him get the knee injury right as he had Nuggets on horizon of making a long play off run.

For years now, AD has been the best current UK alum in the association. With AD's injury struggles, and the success Booker has been having now in the playoffs (he has been unreal in reg. season, but never made playoffs), is he the best UK player in the NBA now?

We have other legit stars littered throughout the NBA, which makes the NBA worth watching.

Is Booker the best?
AD has inherited all of LeChina's worst habits. It's sad to see.

Davis is and has been injured. We saw his impact when he's playing at his best in games 2 and 3. The Lakers won and appeared to be poised to run away with the series. Then AD got hurt and everything fell apart.

Part of the reason Booker was so dominant the last few games was Davis being out. The other Lakers bigs aren't good in pick and roll. They can't guard the 3. They can't slide their feet vs the drive. We watched Booker and Paul abuse Gasol and Drummond over and over. A healthy Davis would have bothered them a lot more.

The Lakers have a lot of problems. If AD was 100%, I think they win this series but lose later on in the playoffs.
LeChina looking long in the tooth. I only saw him do like 3 "LeBron" things the entire elimination game.

Davis is def the best when healthy.

I guess the better question would be, if you had to pick a player for your team, who would you want?

I’d prob take Randle right now.

Yes. Considering AD’s persistent injury issues, Booker is now our best NBAer.

Which is fascinating, because he never started a single game here. Has there ever been another NBA superstar that never started a game in college?

its a hard one to google but here’s a few
-Marvin Williams never started and was drafted high. Not a superstar though.

-Zach LaVine only started once in college and he’s on the cusp of super stardom, may be considered one if his teams won more.

-Russell Westbrook only started one game his freshman year because of an injury. He then started during us sophomore year but in today’s environment he would have been gone.

Reactions: BlueLegends
Talk about being caught up in the moment. How quickly we forget that it was only 8 months ago that Davis averaged 27 and 10 on 57% shooting, while also being dominant on the defensive end en route to winning the title. Nothing has changed other than Davis was injured this season. A lot.

Give Booker tons of credit for being a top 5 player in the playoffs thus far, but there is still a huge gulf that exists between Davis and the rest of the UK players.

Talk about being caught up in the moment. How quickly we forget that it was only 8 months ago that Davis averaged 27 and 10 on 57% shooting, while also being dominant on the defensive end en route to winning the title. Nothing has changed other than Davis was injured this season. A lot.

Give Booker tons of credit for being a top 5 player in the playoffs thus far, but there is still a huge gulf that exists between Davis and the rest of the UK players.
Just as of a the end of the regular season Davis was playing better. Trying to play through injuries made those injuries way worse and he still showed in game 2 and 3 that he affects the game drastically while not 100 percent. In a couple weeks people immediately forget

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT