ADVERTISEMENT

Hart Visiting Tomorrow

Cyril, Burks, and Hart replace Tshiebwe, Livingston, and Reeves.

8 Freshmen and 2 Sophomores. Going to be very, very young next season.
Miles of where we are right now, better than where we were at the end of last season. On the down side Cal has 5 months to coach them.

Here's the thing the last several years UK hasn't had athletic enough players, especially guards, now at least they will, the bottom line is this team will prob go as far as Wagner and Dillingham lead them.

Well Edwards is the best player IMO, and should definitely be a focal point.

Bradshaw is elite as well.

We need those 4 dudes to be elite, Reeves to return, Cyril to commit, and then guys like Thiero, Ugo, Sheppard, Burks, etc. to play their roles, make shots, rebound/defend, etc.

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
If Cal does his typical "I don't want your commitment now, I want you to go home and think it over first" BS ... he'll lose one or both, IMO.
Do you think the boosters are trying to freeze him out with regards to NIL money? It would definitely make sense

Reactions: Catfan2226

We need those 4 dudes to be elite, Reeves to return, Cyril to commit, and then guys like Thiero, Ugo, Sheppard, Burks, etc. to play their roles, make shots, rebound/defend, etc.
Right, at the end of the day it still may be the most talented team although extremely young. I just watched a 2024 draft rundown and they had Edwards at 1!!!!

Right, at the end of the day it still may be the most talented team although extremely young. I just watched a 2024 draft rundown and they had Edwards at 1!!!!

If those 4 dudes can be elite, and I'm talking like Fox/Monk/Bam, or Jones/Knight/Lamb, etc. level elite (with 4 elite guys instead of 3), and then everyone else doing their thing, this team has a chance to go places. But that means everyone else needs to step up, and we need to get Reeves back and get Cyril.

I agree that Edwards will be the best of the freshmen but Bradshaw I am just not sold on him as yet. I sure hope you are right.

And one of the two sophomores is actually a 23 who reclassed to 22. Maybe both bc I don’t remember Thiero status

I like our projected starting five, if we land Cyril.

G Dillingham- potential first rounder.
G Wagner- potential lottery pick.
G Edwards- potential lottery pick.
F Bradshaw- potential lottery pick.
F Cyril- potential first rounder.

We will be young, but very talented.

And Sheppard, Onyenso, and Thiero should get plenty of PT.

I would think that would be the top 8.

Burks and Hart would get spot minutes, unless they are much better than advertised.

Hart's uncles were professional wrestlers.

HartFoundation.jpg

If those 4 dudes can be elite, and I'm talking like Fox/Monk/Bam, or Jones/Knight/Lamb, etc. level elite (with 4 elite guys instead of 3), and then everyone else doing their thing, this team has a chance to go places. But that means everyone else needs to step up, and we need to get Reeves back and get Cyril.
Our best teams had ELITE talent. I mean Murray and Bam type that are playing in the finals right now type of talent. The chances we have multiple at that level of talent not only in this class but committed to us is slim, even though I really like our class. Only time will tell but I hope we’ve done it.

Our best teams had ELITE talent. I mean Murray and Bam type that are playing in the finals right now type of talent. The chances we have multiple at that level of talent not only in this class but committed to us is slim, even though I really like our class. Only time will tell but I hope we’ve done it.

I mean totally agree, BUT we've had that so many times under Cal. This seems like one of those classes. (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018). Those were classes that had multiple top-flight NBA guys that took us to 4 final fours and 3 additional elite eights (and all 3 of those SHOULD have gone to the FF 2010 vs WVU, 2017 vs. UNC & 2019 vs. Auburn).

This class could do it, IF they're as advertised which I think they are.

I mean totally agree, BUT we've had that so many times under Cal. This seems like one of those classes. (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018). Those were classes that had multiple top-flight NBA guys that took us to 4 final fours and 3 additional elite eights (and all 3 of those SHOULD have gone to the FF 2010 vs WVU, 2017 vs. UNC & 2019 vs. Auburn).

This class could do it, IF they're as advertised which I think they are.
With nothing around them?

With nothing around them?

The closest IMO is 2014, the only non freshman in the lineup were a sophomore WCS (who was not even close to the WCS that we remember now) and sophomore Poythress (solid returner).

2011 felt a bit like it going into it, since Liggins was completely on the outs the prior year and had barely played, and we we were looking at Josh Harrelson being our starting 5 man, so really it was just Miller we were looking at having as a reliable contributor returning.

But yeah, there's no sugar coating it, we need Reeves to return and we need some magic here.

My optimism of a Reeves return is fading by the day.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
The closest IMO is 2014, the only non freshman in the lineup were a sophomore WCS (who was not even close to the WCS that we remember now) and sophomore Poythress (solid returner).

2011 felt a bit like it going into it, since Liggins was completely on the outs the prior year and had barely played, and we we were looking at Josh Harrelson being our starting 5 man, so really it was just Miller we were looking at having as a reliable contributor returning.

But yeah, there's no sugar coating it, we need Reeves to return and we need some magic here.

My optimism of a Reeves return is fading by the day.
HOB is saying he's at Illinois State finishing classes to become grad transfer.

• Haha
Reactions: seccats04

Not really.

Edwards is replacing Livingston.

Wagner is replacing Wallace.

Ugo AND Cyril are replacing Oscar.

Dillingham is replacing Wheeler.

Sheppard is replacing Reeves.

Bradshaw is replacing Toppin.

It’s actually not so bad when you look at it that way, only problem is basically every single one of them being a freshman.

What are you hearing?

Nothing either way, just that he's on the Illinois State student roster. Means basically nothing right now, because we already knew he was thinking about transferring. In order for the kid to transfer, he'd have to be a grad transfer, so why would he try to finish up at Kentucky when all of his credits have been at Illinois State? Maybe he signed up weeks ago. Everything we've been told by local media is that we should be able to get Reeves back. I think an NIL promise has to be made in order to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT