ADVERTISEMENT

Harrison Twins were 6-30 from the field

I will take them come tourney time.
wink.r191677.gif

As bad as the Harrisons played...Willie and Town were atrocious

Even with three starters fouling out, we still got the W on the road.

I agree, way too many shots. That said, maybe some of our OTHER PLAYERS SHOULD DEMAND THE BALL some?

Plus, our big guys cannot finish down low, our guards (minus Booker) cannot finish on drives, etc. A lot of all around bad right now.

I think we won Harrison fouling out. We kept throwing it to him for misses. He went out, we took control and four players scored in a few minutes of overtime. When he's off, we can just send it over to Mr Big Shot - that's not going to happen every time we get in a close game.

The only issue I had with a tough, first road game. Twins had a very selfish outing, simple as that. They played for each other, and themselves, and the crowd. But somewhat forgivable as it was back near their home town.

It's not a problem, far from one yet. But Calipari might want to give them the "No 'I' in 'Team" speech. Just to make sure they know what the goal is. That type of play can divide the team quick and easily cost us #9.

Originally posted by Seth C:
How exactly do you "demand the ball" when those two stand at the 3 point line passing to each other? Lol
This ticks me off at least two times a game lol

A better conceived, better executed zone offense would be a great first step. You know, back screens, cuts to the basket, that sort of thing. The zone defenses (and we're going to get a steady diet of 'em) just lull our guys into standing around. That really, really needs to be fixed.

Agree with comments. Harrison's bad, Towns bad, etc.

AND THEY STILL WON ON THE ROAD!!

Weird.

No one was great today...back home in Texas so I'm betting they wanted to have big games...but shooting 6-30 combined is just selfish when we go 9 deep.

This was on Cal too, he was watching the same game as us...when the Harrisons play this badly...he cant play them together. They refuse to throw the ball in the post. When things aren't going great they just pass back and forth to each other too often and our offense suffers. I think he should sub them for each other after the tip. When they play together, our offense is too stagnant.

They both stunk shooting for sure, but they didn't play badly at the other parts of the game. Aaron had 7 rebs and 3 steals and 2-2 from FT line, Andrew had 5 assists and one turnover that really wasn't.

How exactly do you "demand the ball" when those two stand at the 3 point line passing to each other? Lol
Lol..^^This. It's been our entire "offense" for a year and a half now. I just honestly can't comprehend how so many on here keep defending the twins. They are horrible, horrible, selfish basketball players that do nothing at all "above average". Can't/won't pass to anyone on a fast break, not good finishers at the rim, poor shooters (yes. yes. Aaron made three big shots - it's been said over and over) but Aaron is now shooting 28% this year from three. When those two are in the game together we have NO offense whatsoever, never have. All they're looking for is each other, the clock runs down to 6 and one of em jacks it up.
They are the most over rated guards Cal has even brought in here and he simply refuses to accept it and bench them like they deserve. Neither one of them have any proof in any of their stats that make them anything but average D1 players at best.

The shots, just didn't fall. They never took a bad shot all good looks. You have games like that.

Originally posted by Rolf Russman:
A better conceived, better executed zone offense would be a great first step. You know, back screens, cuts to the basket, that sort of thing. The zone defenses (and we're going to get a steady diet of 'em) just lull our guys into standing around. That really, really needs to be fixed.
This is the best post in the thread. A great defense and a lot of highly talented players can make up for a poor offense scheme, but when the defense starts to lapse and your talented players aren't playing well, things can go south in a hurry.

Cal would do well to hire an offensive guru, but we know he's not going to allow that.

We had quite a few players play poorly today, but guess what... we still leave Texas with a "W".

Originally posted by SilentsAreGolden:
They both stunk shooting for sure, but they didn't play badly at the other parts of the game. Aaron had 7 rebs and 3 steals and 2-2 from FT line, Andrew had 5 assists and one turnover that really wasn't.
well lets not let facts get in the way of a good bashing but i do agree Andrew needs to look for everyone more not just aaron .

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw's Law Blog:
That's just absurdly bad. They've got to play better.
They didn't play any worse than most anyone else but yet take get the ax. Where would this team be without them. I'll take the them any day on my team.

Originally posted by Tummygoat:
I think we won Harrison fouling out. We kept throwing it to him for misses. He went out, we took control and four players scored in a few minutes of overtime. When he's off, we can just send it over to Mr Big Shot - that's not going to happen every time we get in a close game.
When Aaron fouled out, I told my wife that it would make us better.

I love that they are at UK. I love what they did last year and that they came back, lost weight, got stronger, etc... Glad to have them on the team. We would not be where we are without them. I just want them to play better.

It would also help a lot if our bigs could hit some close in shots. They have been missing a lot too.

I truly think Cal has to play the twins and stroke their egos or they will curl up into a ball and sulk. I think he knows they need to leave this year and setting them on the bench will not get them to the NBA.

Twins desperately want to be in "NBA 1st round" discussion - but are not presently showing NBA skills - the result is they are tending to play selfishly rather than as a team player trying to make others betterLyles and Booker were today's best shooters - Harrisons did NOT try to get more shots for them. Shows poor recognition and again selfishness of playCollectively - they took nearly half of today's shots - when they should be around 25% or 30%Aaron, especially, gets pysched-out - he fouls and then whines about it. Tends to cry baby instead of making up for it on his play.Too much focus on offense and not letting their defense lead the way.Not rebounding enough based on their size or letting their size benefit them. They are not bad kids - just good ball players trying to play ABOVE their skill set. If they play within themselves - they'll be fine and the team will be fine.

Originally posted by catsfan3383:

Lol..^^This. It's been our entire "offense" for a year and a half now. I just honestly can't comprehend how so many on here keep defending the twins. They are horrible, horrible, selfish basketball players that do nothing at all "above average". Can't/won't pass to anyone on a fast break, not good finishers at the rim, poor shooters (yes. yes. Aaron made three big shots - it's been said over and over) but Aaron is now shooting 28% this year from three. When those two are in the game together we have NO offense whatsoever, never have. All they're looking for is each other, the clock runs down to 6 and one of em jacks it up.
They are the most over rated guards Cal has even brought in here and he simply refuses to accept it and bench them like they deserve. Neither one of them have any proof in any of their stats that make them anything but average D1 players at best.
I don't think I'll smoke what you've been smoking... They are incredible young men and good players. Clutter!!!

Andrew Harrison didn't have a great performance today, but according to John Calipari, there's a pretty good reason. "Andrew is hurt," Cal said afterwards, telling reporters thatAndrew injured his hip playing against Dakari Johnson yesterday in practice.
"Just being around Dakari, you get hurt," Cal joked, adding that when he saw Andrew limping, he yanked him immediately.

Originally posted by irishcat1965:
The twins' criticism on this board is humorous.
Funny as hell.

Did anyone think for a minute that the defense was giving the twins open shots and forcing the cats to win from the perimeter?

They packed it in. The bigs didn't want any. They didn't get any dunks or lobs because of the sag and grab defense. You go inside you get hammered. That had nothing to do with the selfishness of the twins.

But hey the easy thing to do is to bang on the twins for shooting poorly and WINNING. Drew hurt his ankle and had to come out. He was playing on a bad wheel. Aaron made some crucial steals and still had the balls to shoot the game winner.

The twins take us to runner up season only to come back to have us the undefeated #1 team in the country. Keep calm the twins are coming.

Aaron is playing like this was his contract year. Jack up a 3, forget about team. Rip me if you want but look at the tape.

The twins have now played orobably 50 collegiate games.
When a player is having an off night, you don't keep shooting. You make a lay up, or drive to get a foul. You change your role for the night.
I never played beyond high school, but I know that when you aren't hitting, even if you are a shooter, you change your m. o.
I would have hoped that they had figured that out by now.
I still like them, but I hoped they would have been more conscious of what one needs to do in games in which what was drawn up isn't working.

We are always going to have some of those water time blahs, just so they get untracked by march. Most conference games are tight irregardless who is playing.

You'd think that when they were programmed at the 5 star lab, they'd have known to make sure they played great all 40 games. These programmers are really slipping, and letting all you middle-aged, non-athletes down from the comfort of your climate-controlled living rooms.

Shakespearean tragedy at its finest.
sick.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT