ADVERTISEMENT

Harrison Twins were 6-30 from the field

Originally posted by Son_Of_Saul:

You'd think that when they were programmed at the 5 star lab, they'd have known to make sure they played great all 40 games. These programmers are really slipping, and letting all you middle-aged, non-athletes down from the comfort of your climate-controlled living rooms.

Shakespearean tragedy at its finest.
sick.r191677.gif
Well at least they got the human cloning part right. Couple of tweaks of course and the formula will be corrected.

"It's our bigs who can't finish, not the twins." Our big's didn't go 6 for 30 but the twins did.

Originally posted by sonnyg333:

"It's our bigs who can't finish, not the twins." Our big's didn't go 6 for 30 but the twins did.
We should take it as a positive. Twins, and the bigs, all played like garbage, and UK still won.

What happens when Kentucky shows up in March? That's the question I'd be concerned with as an opposing coach, player, or fan.

Aaron was 13-32 the last 4 games from 3. He shot poorly today. It happens. Andrew, imo, is playing a ton better defensively this year. He's struggled some offensively, but he's also made some plays when we needed them. They will both be fine. THey played pretty well the last 9 games of last year to help get us to the title game. It's 15 games without a loss. You need experiences like these to help you get better. Most things in life worth attaining have some type of adversity while you are trying to get there.

Originally posted by crawfords corner:

Most things in life worth attaining have some type of adversity while you are trying to get there.
This is true, but some of our fans are as unreasonable as they are naïve. They expected an easy skip and whistle to a 40 and 0 season.

Totally asinine. This crap hasn't been done since the Gerald Ford administration, and never in the modern era, and some of our fans truly believed it would be that simple this year.

Originally posted by crawfords corner:
Aaron was 13-32 the last 4 games from 3. He shot poorly today. It happens. Andrew, imo, is playing a ton better defensively this year. He's struggled some offensively, but he's also made some plays when we needed them. They will both be fine. THey played pretty well the last 9 games of last year to help get us to the title game. It's 15 games without a loss. You need experiences like these to help you get better. Most things in life worth attaining have some type of adversity while you are trying to get there.
Yup but for some reason the twins aren't allowed to have adversity. They are suppose to hit every shot, make every play, smile non stop, high five each teammate after every play, and blow every team out by double digits then get drafted #1 and #2 overall and donate 95% of their salary to charity.

Originally posted by bigbluefattycat:

Yup but for some reason the twins aren't allowed to have adversity. They are suppose to hit every shot, make every play, smile non stop, high five each teammate after every play, and blow every team out by double digits then get drafted #1 and #2 overall and donate 95% of their salary to charity.

Some seem to prefer 11-4 to start the season with Derrick Jasper running the show as opposed to 15-0 with the twins.

Originally posted by Son_Of_Saul:

You'd think that when they were programmed at the 5 star lab, they'd have known to make sure they played great all 40 games. These programmers are really slipping, and letting all you middle-aged, non-athletes down from the comfort of your climate-controlled living rooms.

Shakespearean tragedy at its finest.
sick.r191677.gif
You don't have to be a robot to stop jacking shots when you're shooting 20%. It's not that they have off nights shooting. It's that they never, ever look to get other players involved. Ever. And that hurts the team.

If the argument is that they shoot so much because they're told to, or only pass to each other because they're told to, or never give the ball up in the open floor because they're told not to, that's a problem too. Either way, I would like to see them adjust to their own games. Which I haven't seen yet.

At the end of the day, they were pretty good in last year's SECT and great in 4 consecutive games in last year's NCAAT. Hopefully they just save it for when it really matters. I suppose we'll see.

Good post Chuckinden. Cal is very stubborn. Wont play zone and won't split up the twins or sit them entirely for a while..When they start passing the ball back and forth to each other,our offense is really a black hole. It is ridiculous. I could design a zone offense to fit this team..I cannot understand why Cal or one of the assistants hasn't done something different to fix this problem. Maybe losing Alex was a bigger problem than many thought it would be,but there still needs to be a change.

They're playing like I'm putting. Too many negative swing thoughts just before contact--I can screw up a four-footer faster than John Wall gets down the floor. Get back to the basics. Review fundamentals. Rory says his focus is, "Process and spot." The Harrisons need to rid themselves of a lot of clutter, and focus on a couple of "swing thoughts." Andrew and Aaron seem to be too worried about...anything and everything any of us can imagine. They--like me on the putting green--put too much on their shoulders. They are making this a bit too complicated. Make the easy play. Have a short memory. This is now more mental, and we knew there would be some mental hurdles on the way to a successful season. Their supporting cast is not playing all that well either, and we may be seeing some of the negative result that is the absence of Alex. This college basketball business is very fluid and can change quickly--we're in a bit of a slump, but our guys just need to go back to the basics and things will be fine again.

Originally posted by BoulderCat:

3 for 17 from 3. Meanwhile Lyles, Booker, and Ulis shot a combined 6-11. These freshmen are proving extremely important to this team.
Ulis shot 1-5, so I don't know why you grouped him with Booker (as if they both shot well). I understand the Harrison's are the new whipping-boys, but why overlook Ulis' 1-5 shooting?

Originally posted by bigbluedon:
Good post Chuckinden. Cal is very stubborn. Wont play zone and won't split up the twins or sit them entirely for a while..When they start passing the ball back and forth to each other,our offense is really a black hole. It is ridiculous. I could design a zone offense to fit this team..I cannot understand why Cal or one of the assistants hasn't done something different to fix this problem. Maybe losing Alex was a bigger problem than many thought it would be,but there still needs to be a change.
Won't play zone - is 15-0, has been to 3 Final Fours in 5 years, won a national title and been to two title games - but the dumb SOB won't play a zone!

I live for these boards.

I'm cool with a shooting slump. They had it this time last year as well. But there were a couple fast breaks that could have been oops but they chose to drive and take it and missed it. Then poured when refs didn't call fouls. Rough day for Harrison's for sure. I still love em.

Originally posted by Samwise Ganjee:
Clutter!!!!
Clutter!!!!
Clutter!!!!
Clutter!!!!
Clutter!!!![/B]
Not sure why you want to keep up this crap,but please stop it. Some of us just want to read the board and this makes it difficult. I hate to ignore you, but something gotta give.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT