ADVERTISEMENT

Exact Repeat of 2015

canebreak

Senior
Jan 26, 2004
Twins started and carried us to a loss in the Wisconsin while Booker and Ulis sat on the bench. Same thing happening this year. Shepard 26 minutes. Dilly even worse 22 minutes. We win if they each play over 30. They were 11 of 23 from the field. You can argue defense might suffer but when your opponent shoots 45% from 3 I am not sure how it can be any worse.

Twins started and carried us to a loss in the Wisconsin while Booker and Ulis sat on the bench. Same thing happening this year. Shepard 26 minutes. Dilly even worse 22 minutes. We win if they each play over 30. They were 11 of 23 from the field. You can argue defense might suffer but when your opponent shoots 45% from 3 I am not sure how it can be any worse.
I am all for bashing Cal on his late game performance against Wisc...as stall ball cost UK the game.

But I get annoyed when fans constantly say Booker and Ulis should have been in at the end of that game. They were terrible the entire game, especially defensively. Booker couldn't guard a light post the entire time he was out there. Cal could not play those two, just the reality of it.

The twins kept UK in the game. Played very well. Good chance UK gets blown out if it weren't for them. Man...some of the takes on this board...

I remember one of the Harrisons being very good in the Wisconsin game. Andrew I think….maybe I’m wrong
I get tired of some wanting to dog the twins, I’d kill to have those guys back. Booker got abused on defense that game, he was not the answer. I still feel Cal should’ve played the twin with Ulis, he did that some with good results.

Reactions: BlueSince92
I am all for bashing Cal on his late game performance against Wisc...as stall ball cost UK the game.

But I get annoyed when fans constantly say Booker and Ulis should have been in at the end of that game. They were terrible the entire game, especially defensively. Booker couldn't guard a light post the entire time he was out there. Cal could not play those two, just the reality of it.

The twins kept UK in the game. Played very well. Good chance UK gets blown out if it weren't for them. Man...some of the takes on this board...
Agree on stallball. We were up 4 with the ball with like 5 mins left. Two shot clock violations. That is on coaching.

Reactions: law1127

Did Booker make a shot after February?

We have got to quit losing to teams we are supposed to and should beat. We have way to many elite players to keep losing to teams with players you've never heard of. Either we need to start winning these games or the 5 players drafted talk needs to stop. This is embarrassing as h___, we are getting outcoached and outplayed half the time. People say Kentucky's loaded, then someone will say, yea, but they can't win with a hall of fame coach and a hand full of all Americans, no team fears us anymore. we are paper wildcats. Our formula isn't working anymore.

I get tired of some wanting to dog the twins, I’d kill to have those guys back. Booker got abused on defense that game, he was not the answer. I still feel Cal should’ve played the twin with Ulis, he did that some with good results.
Yep. The problem with that team at that point was after Poythress went down we just didn’t have any natural 3 man, and Cal’s thinking on the subject was so rigid that his only approach was to keep tinkering with the lineup, trying to find which square peg was really best suited to that round hole. Wiscy had enough large and mobile players to really, really punish us for that.

Twins themselves were perfectly solid and stable as usual. Aaron wasn’t having the flamboyant tournament he’d had the year before but Andrew was notably improved, which balanced that out fine. In terms of strict guard play we’ve missed them every year since except for the Ulis/Murray season and the Fox/Monk season. But when you consider that with their size you could count on them for five boards apiece night in and night out And you could post them up in a lot of situations, we’ve basically missed them every year since. I think people find it easier to dog them because neither of them ever really had much success in the league. But Kentucky has very largely built our history on people who would just punish you in their role on their team in college, despite not being much if anything at the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT