ADVERTISEMENT

Hamidou Diallo vs. Jalen Hudson

STL_Cat

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2011
okay, this is going to feel like piling on (and maybe it is a bit).

Help me understand, someone, how Hamidou Diallo is projected as a 1st round draft pick and I don’t see Jalen Hudson on anyone’s 1st round projections. How is that? In what world is Diallo considered a better prospect than a guy like Hudson? Watch those two guys play ... it’s not even close. Same position and Diallo isn’t even in the same league as Hudson. Okay, Diallo can jump a bit higher. But Hudson is no slouch athletically. Someone, somewhere, please explain.

I don't get it either..The "experts" talk about his jumping ability, we have seen that on display maybe a handful of times the entire season. He consistently has his shot blocked when he goes inside and he is not a good rebounder. The only time he uses his jumping ability is on break away dunks and those has been few and far between. He is not a good shooter or a good ball handler. I have seen many players this season that have more BB ability than Diallo. He went oh for everything today and did not contribute on the glass, passing or defending. He might as well have stayed in Lexington..

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
It really is silly. We all know Diallo tests well in a "combine" setting. But here's the thing; anyone who has watched him play at all knows he doesn't PLAY nearly as athletic as he tests. Forget the fact that he can't shoot and doesn't handle it that well for a moment. I'm talking about athleticism, which is supposed to be his strength. Think how often he gets blocked going to the bucket. Every time he drives I expect to see this great leaping ability that I've heard about, and honestly it just never happens. It's like a guy in baseball who they say has "raw" power in batting practice but it never translates to the game.

Reactions: SkyPrince1

Help me understand, someone, how Hamidou Diallo is projected as a 1st round draft pick and I don’t see Jalen Hudson on anyone’s 1st round projections. How is that? In what world is Diallo considered a better prospect than a guy like Hudson? Watch those two guys play ... it’s not even close. Same position and Diallo isn’t even in the same league as Hudson. Okay, Diallo can jump a bit higher. But Hudson is no slouch athletically. Someone, somewhere, please explain.
It cannot be explained.

well maybe that is the answer he goes on the the NBA to show everyone how great he is and how KY held him back. In the mean time we get a player that can actually shoot and play basketball. At this point I am so sick of hearing NBA

Because the word “potential” has ruined basketball

That’s what’s really interesting to me here, I don’t even see the “potential.” So he’s athletic ... and? He doesn’t even seem to know how to use that on the basketball court anyway. I get the “potential” label on 6’9” guys with raw guard type skills.

The NBA realizes that one of those two players has parents that must not ever feel like their some has been given up on.
See, it's that simple.

It really is silly. We all know Diallo tests well in a "combine" setting. But here's the thing; anyone who has watched him play at all knows he doesn't PLAY nearly as athletic as he tests. Forget the fact that he can't shoot and doesn't handle it that well for a moment. I'm talking about athleticism, which is supposed to be his strength. Think how often he gets blocked going to the bucket. Every time he drives I expect to see this great leaping ability that I've heard about, and honestly it just never happens. It's like a guy in baseball who they say has "raw" power in batting practice but it never translates to the game.
Think Diallo vs Derek Anderson. Both about same height/weight.
DA's in game athleticism in a different stratosphere from Hami.

Diallo is not an athletic player in the least. He may be athletic but he doesn't play like it. Very average ho-hum type of guy. Just gives you 5 fouls and an occasional bucket here or their. What someone's son cannot give you that?

The NBA realizes that one of those two players has parents that must not ever feel like their some has been given up on.
See, it's that simple.

The kyjeff comedy show coming to a town near you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT