ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime score: Kansas leads ASU 40-37

Was looking forward to watching Self slink off to the locker room. They barely showed him.

Kansas lost and l but...havent we been over the posting of threads when a rival is down thing a billion times? Do I gota get my man @Col. Angus to remind everyone [winking]

cmc.jpg

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
KU isn't very talented . I mean Graham is one of the top 10 or so players in college but he will never sniff the NBA . Preston is the most talented guy on ship but he might never play . I think UK even know would beat KU in a rematch as UK is about 6-8 pts better than they were that day .

You can't have shitty recruiting, with your best recruit still not playing, and expect to be a top5 team. They've had poor recruiting for 3 years now and it has finally caught up with them.
They have a hell of a class next year though...not sure what changed but both Grimes & Dotson are legit. Hopefully the Lawson boys cause a lot of drama when freshmen come in and star over them.

They have a hell of a class next year though...not sure what changed but both Grimes & Dotson are legit. Hopefully the Lawson boys cause a lot of drama when freshmen come in and star over them.

neither are better than the guards they have now and both will be freshman.

You're pretty much right. They needed Preston to be really good, and apparently he's not going to play at all so they can cut some kind of deal where the NCAA doesn't bust them for their blatant cheating.

Chickens coming home to roost. There is no Josh Jackson, and Graham is nowhere close to Mason (a guy they got lucky with). And there's no Perry Ellis or any other "Guy who stays 4 years because he's right on that line where he's really good in college but of no use to the NBA".

The one thing that worries me here is that I thought UK did pretty well against KU, but maybe KU just sucks.

Agreed. And Kentucky probably wins if they played tomorrow. Kansas played Kentucky when our team barely knew each other's names.

I love our chances assuming Green would be good to go. Kansas is not that good.

@BostonCat2001 @Untouchables22

Ehh, I'd say those guards are more talented.. But will they have more of an impact than Svi and Graham? Not sure.

But I'm not really impressed with either right now. This is the worst Kansas team in probably a decade, and that's partly on them. Svi did nothing until the game was out of hand, Graham is just meh. They don't have what it takes to win big 12 road games. Collins, Taylor, Mason.. They are not.

Ehh, I'd say those guards are more talented.. But will they have more of an impact than Svi and Graham? Not sure.

But I'm not really impressed with either right now. This is the worst Kansas team in probably a decade, and that's partly on them. Svi did nothing until the game was out of hand, Graham is just meh. They don't have what it takes to win big 12 road games. Collins, Taylor, Mason.. They are not.

the guards they have right now are pretty good. they just have nothing inside and no depth. and those things arent going to change this year. they need to take 35-40 threes a game and make a ton. its all they got.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
KU's next game is on the road at Nebraska. Tough place to play and Nebraska has beaten Boston College, who just knocked off Dook.

Like you pointed out earlier their recruiting has really been an issue for quite awhile...Self got really really good at finding the diamonds in the rough at the very end of the spring recruiting cycle with: Mason, Graham, & Vick all in different years. He pulled Wiggins & Diallo out of a hat at the very end of the recruiting cycle. He even realized how lucky he was getting late so he took a ton of transfers to insure he had quality talent the following year. Suddenly this year he has already signed 4 top 35 guys in the fall? I was just pointing out that weird trend. Projecting into the future is hard but how the freshmen and transfers get alone next year will determine a lot.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Absolutely.. To both. I just wanted to get a side dialogue going between the three of us, in regards to Kansas Guards.

But Kansas is toast this year. Those guards are just underwhelming, especially being seniors.

Graham is good in spurts but there is a reason why he originally committed to Towson St it was I believe. ku cam in late and desperate and got him in the final hours. They have another transfer(crazy right?) waiting to play after the semester break and are trying to get one of their '18 recruits eligible for the second semester too. Folks have banged on Cal for years for the way he does his roster but no one, absolutely no one not even ISU can touch Self for transfers and win all at all cost methodology.

Bobby Hurley has become quite a good coach. His teams really hustle.
It hurts to give him credit because of his Duke affiliation, but he has done a tremendous job with this team. They are much better than where they were last season.

That's weird I have contact set to all members...must be screwed up.

Says member limits who may see profile or something like that.

I was going to ask you if you listen to KSR at all. The show where Matt wasn't there and they were in the White House briefing room and had to talk in hushed voices the whole time.

It reminded me so much of the NPR SNL skit with the two women. If you google NPR SNL you'll see one with Betty White.

I was just gonna suggest you put Ryan's head on Betty's body and then put Drew and Shannon on the other two and sent it to them they would get a good laugh.

Not a big deal, the show was funny and reminded me so much of the skit, thought I would suggest it to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT