ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.

9 years ago today. UK has crushed WKU 48 hours earlier. They are taking the court on Saturday at the Yum Center against Iowa State and Royce White. The haters are cautiously optimistic that Iowa State can take UK down. It is 70 and sunny on St. Patricks Day.

Cats crush by 16. Teague scores 24, Lamb gets a sleepy 16 points in 20 minutes on 5/7 from three.

UK fans celebrate St. Pattys on their rivals turf.

- Who the hell is Chris Kolb and why do you guys care so much what he says?

- Legit my first UK basketball memories- Dad always turning down the TV and putting on Cawood and Dad bitching at the TV about Joe B. Hall.

- Was at Texas Roadhouse with my folks 7-8 years ago when Goose Givens walked by - instinctively, I yelled out “Hey Goose” and he came over and BSed with my dad and me for a few minutes. He’s one of those guys who loves being a former Wildcat- same as Sky Walker and Bowie.

- Underrated Kentucky Tournament Performances:

Sparks vs. UConn ‘06
Padgett vs. Kansas ‘99
Quis vs. Wisconsin ‘03
Young vs. Wichita State ‘14
Poythress vs. Everyone ‘14

- It’s funny- my dog thinks Last Chance U is a real game and gets in comfort mode, sitting right in between my legs and leaning on me. Golden retrievers are the best.

- I once tried to check Winthrop coach Pat Kelsey in a summer open gym up at New Cath. Lol didn’t go well for me. Dude was my height but completely ripped and quicker than a hiccup. Old westsider Elder dude.

I remember watching Xavier playing UMass in the old Cincinnati Gardens and Kelsey trying to box out Marcus Camby. It was a funny visual, at least Marcus seemed to think so.

Reactions: jameslee32
-Have the utmost reverence for Joe B. but I can't get that video of him getting dunked on by Denny Crum about not playing out of my mind. I almost always think of it when I see or hear him. That and the Terry Meiners spoof. I guess I don't have the memories of him coaching so it is what it is.

I actually sat directly next to him at a random Rupp game years ago. I didn't bother him and elected not to force conversation, which I sometimes regret. That was a really cool, random Wildcat memory, though.

-Another was riding the elevator up at the Marriott with James Ramsey and his wife after the 2014 sweet 16 game. In my power K zip up and intoxicated, I didn't say anything but it was damn satisfying.

-I don't have a problem with players choosing the #1 for their uni. Wan'Dale wearing it is dope.

-No Irish blood here but happy St. Patrick's to those that do. The final milestone in our journey to spring.

-Michael gets all of the fanfare but Janet was/is a bad, bad B****. Man. Smokewagon, also. Worship.

-Just get the vaccine you psychos. I see no reason to Monday Morning QB this thing anymore.

-Elliptical game on fleek. Crushing. My legs are tired all the damn time but pretty remarkable what a strong cardio regiment will do for you. It'll be 5 years this August since I've last enjoyed a crispie. In the same vain, I'm tired of lugging around an extra 15-20 lbs. 185-190 is where I intend to spend my 40's, and I will.

-Lolz at UofL. Somehow, in a year where we win 9 games, they find a way to make missing the tournament more excruciatingly entertaining for the rest of us.

-Aside from the CTE, my legs and joints hurt from running. Decided low impact is probably best. Not sure I can blame football for that or just age/extra weight, but if I can avoid it, I'm going to.

A lot of people forget that a half a million Americans have died from this pandemic.

You MFers really want to get into this shit today?

If you died from getting crossed over at the gym and during the autopsy tested positive it has to read Covid-19 as the cause of death on the death certificate. The hospitals and health care networks are heavily incentivized to do so.

I’m not saying this Pandemic hasn’t been a serious health hazard but I also believe the #’s are heavily skewed.

If you died from getting crossed over at the gym and during the autopsy tested positive it has to read Covid-19 as the cause of death on the death certificate. The hospitals and health care networks are heavily incentivized to do so.

I’m not saying this Pandemic hasn’t been a serious health hazard but I also believe the #’s are heavily skewed.
This isn't true at all.

You can look right here for all countries. US through Feb 5, 2021 had 458,000 confirmed Covid Deaths and 545,000 excess deaths since March 7, 2020. So in all likelihood Covid Deaths are undercounted. This is not the place for this argument, but tired of people lying about this. Stop lying or post a reputable link that backs you up.

Also this has nothing to do with Spring Break stuff above because I am going on Spring Break to the beach. Just can't stand lying. Tired of it.

You MFers best not muck up GYERO with covid bidness on this, the day the Alabama Leprechaun victimized the good people of Birmingham.

Yesterday was also 3:16 day (what). Do better ya nerds.

Like all white people with Southern roots, I've got some Scotch-Irish in the mix, but no real Ireland. But get after it today, faux-Irish. It's been a long year.

Always appreciate the guy of Irish descent who really gets into Patty’s Day, of German heritage who wears lederhosen for Oktoberfest, etc. One of things that makes America great, reminder of the melting pot and whatnot.

German-Irish here like everyone else in NKY.
St. Boniface > St. Patrick

*As you get older, anyone else start sharting/shitting their pants every now and then? No, just me? I remember when I was in high school, I was playing in a golf tournament, and two guys in their 50s were talking about shitting their pants, and I just smirk laughed at them. He said "You've never shit your pants? I replied "Nope, not since I was a baby" (which was a lie, I shit my pants in kindergarten and had to go home from school). Anyway, he said, "Just wait, you will." For some reason, that random conversation has always stuck with me, and I'll be damned if that guy wasn't speaking the truth.

*Got my second Moderna shot on Saturday afternoon. Couldn't get to sleep Saturday night, and actually felt like I had taken a steroid shot. Woke up Sunday feeling like a million bucks and decided to go play golf. Big mistake. 6 holes in started with the body aches, shivering, etc... I'm 99% sure I made it significantly worse by going out in the cold and wind and playing golf. Regardless, fully vaccinated, and ready to get out in public and drink some beers.

*Just finished Leave the World Behind. Pretty decent take on the apocalyptic genre. Recommend. Not highly, but recommend.

*After not really enjoying the first couple of episodes of Schitt's Creek and giving up on it, the wife and I decided to give it another try, and I'm glad we did so. Through about 5 or so seasons now, and just a solid feel-good show.

*I only care about one thing this March. A blue-blood not winning the title. Kansas and UNC, GTFO as soon as possible.

*My 10-year-old daughter has decided to give golf another go this summer. Love it, but buying clubs for growing kids is a pain in the ass. Thinking about jumping on US KIds and going with those (I think they have some sort of trade up program as kids grow). Anyone gone this route before?

*Watched The Devil All The Time this weekend. A good watch, but pretty depressing, and the southern accents from some of the actors really needed some work.

*Bought the little Tac Tic golf training aid on Amazon, and anxiously awaiting its arrival. Supposed to help with wrist cupping and getting rid of your flip, both things I struggle with. I've been mediocre to decent at golf most of my life, and will never stop trying to make that leap to really good. It's frustrating, and I probably am who I am at this point, but the journey is fun, even if maddening.

*Fully back in "don't bother me with politics conversation" mode. I just don't have it in me to care for years on end. I'm sure I'll slip up and engage every now and then on here, but I'm telling you now, it'll be a mistake, I'll regret it, and don't be surprised if I just stop arguing mid-conversation.

Wednesday Randoms:

-Choosing a number in sports was always fun. Always went with #11 in baseball (Barry Larkin) until I got to the pinnacle of NAIA at Berea and had to take #10, #84 in football (Herman Moore), and #33 in basketball because I’m a white guy.

-I have a feeling that IU is going to dickfinger their coaching search yet again, that’s what they do. I’m really hoping that Kelvin Sampson makes a deep run and they hire Tony Barbee. I really don’t think Stevens is going to make the change back to college at this time.

-My little man will be 1 next month and my little lass just got “a strong ass offer” (Will Wade style) to join the gifted and talented program during her kindergarten year...proud dad. Told my lady she has two more years to figure out if she wants to squeeze another one out or I’m taking up the free vasectomy I’m afforded by the VA.

-Birthday dinner at Dee Felice was nice, I just love the ambiance of that place with live music and the drinks were on point. However the Crawfish Etouffee was just okay, which was okay...still had a good time.

-If you’re into podcasts and hearing about cannabis, Adam Dunn (O.G. Grower, not baseball player who strikes out a lot) is doing a live 24 hour stream on 4/20 about Area 420 in Colorado.

-HOT TAKE ALERT: Weezer sucks and I’m tired of their shitty cover of “Africa” getting played so much on the radio. They may have one or two bangers and the rest is garbage. I would rather listen to Coco Melon or Kids Bop Radio on repeat.

-I too shart from time to time Chase, luckily my lass thinks it is hilarious...except the time I had to wake her up and tell her that we needed to change the sheets.

-Done rambling.

Last edited:
Few months back, I went to text DocBoat, Anth and 80 an innocent post about our upcoming children being born. I accidentally texted my VP instead of 80 (very similar names).

You have no idea how terrified I was in those first few moments I realized my mistake because you just don’t know with Boat - he could have texted me back a chocolate dong, some of Crab Island’s greatest hits, a screenshot from Porkys, you just never know with that dude.

-Little known fact, seems like we have more Irish than Italian in our tree. Thankfully we got the beautiful skin and far superior last name from the Sicilian line. Happy St Patty's day.

-Most states are inviting anyone over 16 to vaccinate. At this point we've offered this sucker to anyone at substantial risk. Get on with your life and work your way back to normalcy. Enjoy your Spring Breaks, don't listen to these idiots. Using a pandemic, and a really awful one at that, to advance your political agendas is really f*cked up. Kolb is at the forefront of that. He's just a bad person.

-I just can't fake excitement for this weekend. Wish I could. Not being involved just sucks it out of me. I have no idea when games start, who plays when, etc.

-Masters creeping up though. Now that has me jumping banana.

-According to MFP SAE has indeed been crushing it. Get after it, bubba.

- I'm to the point where I just do some workout everyday.

-Called 6 roofers this morning. 4 with no branded voicemail and obviously just a personal cell phone. None answered, 2 you couldn't even leave a message.. It's really the little things... like answering the phone. Thinking small contractor consulting could be an intersting gig in retirement.

-Biz has been really good to us over the years but not anywhere near "buy an airplane" good. Good lord, either I need to invest in a card shop or Brady needs to call Charles Schwab rather than buying a King Air.

-Schitt's Creek is just a great show. Feel good comedy. Completely different and worth sticking with it. Favorite show since watching Trailer Park Boys. Legit sad when I finished.

Few months back, I went to text DocBoat, Anth and 80 an innocent post about our upcoming children being born. I accidentally texted my VP instead of 80 (very similar names).

You have no idea how terrified I was in those first few moments I realized my mistake because you just don’t know with Boat - he could have texted me back a chocolate dong, some of Crab Island’s greatest hits, a screenshot from Porkys, you just never know with that dude.
I'm on like 3 separate threads with him and someone started a new one last night. That's the limit.

Shorts:

-Vegas is healing. Place was bonkers all weekend.

-Suite led to a few old-school college style ragers - good times

Also, Not sure what to say, but Tommy is telling the truth. He arrived Wednesday, and didn't go to bed until Saturday. He did the same thing NYE weekend. I've been around animals my entire 18+ life, and never seen anything like it. I was constantly nagging him, as were his roommates, over and over to grab a nap, water, etc but after the 100th zombie-voiced "you worry about you", I finally left it alone.

-The Strip has long been horrible gambling, but a few weeks ago it really got bad. Cromwell was ALL 3:2, and now they have none outside of the High Limit Salon. Flamingo, Paris, Bally's, etc. Same. Just pathetic.

^ even had a few tables where I was politely told there was no double after split. GFY

-Cory Conners has been popping up for awhile now, and especially of late -- shouldn't be too surprising with that swing of his -- shew wee.

-I may end up in jail the next time a group of you know who jump up and try to ambush the proper deplaning process. There aren't many things that bring my blood to a higher temp.

-I can't lie and say I'm "excited", but I am defintely going to watch & make every effort to really enjoy this year's NCAAT. The SECT was absolutely fantastic, btw.

-I know he wasn't very good this year, but I'm excited about Ware as a long term piece, and have been all along. Dude was "in position" better than any big we have....just didn't know how to finish plays. He will.

-I understand why, but the real tourney not kicking off on Thursday is just wrong.

-My IU Dream scenario: They ignorantly pass on Beilein b/c of age, whiff on Beard/Drew, and settle for Porter Moser, or an unproven alum (Lewis, Fife, etc)

I looked in my old IMGUR account and found a couple of GYERO related photos.

This one aged like milk

ElmLdc5.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: dgtatu01
- Wife on Saturday looking up from her phone disgustedly, “BBdK just posted a video of him taking jagerbombs.”

- If IU decides to wait it out on Stevens, good chance they could blow it. I get it but he had 3 months left in his season and no way he’s way too professional to pull a Petrino.

Many think Matta could be the play. If he’s healthy, that’s a solid choice. Have always liked and respected Thad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT