ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
BristolCat, Chase, wcc71, and VernHatton like this

Not me bro. I of course think Trump is a POS but getting a little tired of the self righteous bullshit coming from the loony far left. Political stance is plenty nuanced. Just because someone doesn’t completely agree with your side on everything doesn’t mean you can bully them. It’s getting ridiculous. I suppose Sanders is in a tad different position as his press secretary, but I still don’t like it.

Last edited:
I stand corrected Chad, apologies. I find the people actively rooting this type of behavior on even more disturbing than the restaurant owner, who probably just made an emotional decision.

Sarah Sanders sucks -- but I don't believe she should be banned from eating in restaurants, that's just my crazy opinion. I think that's a scary precedent to set in America. Any time you don't like someone personally, disagree with their politics, or just think their employer is a big bad meanie ----> GTFO.

:americanflag:

Last edited:
She wasn’t thrown out for being a republican. She was thrown out for lying to the American people on behalf of an authoritarian asshole who treats people that disagree with him like shit. People are fed up with it. Expect more, and have a great week, gyero!

So basically Hillary should get thrown out too?

She lied to the American people.
She bullied the women that Bill banged.
Treats people that disagree with them like shit-how deplorable

If the shoe fits...

I, too, agree with BBdK that people shouldn’t be banned from restaurants because of their politics.

To take it an extremist step forward, I also don’t think people should be banned from restaurants or refused service because they like to marry the same sex. Hiding behind religion to disguise your prejudices is pretty gay, IMO.

If you own a business you should be able to discriminate as you please.

Taking pleasure in a particular person or group being refused said service is weird and probably demonstrates that you need to be focusing on other things.

I’m about to spend Independence Week in Loyalist, Ontario, Canada and you wouldn’t believe how pumped I am to remind all of them that their entire existence is predicated on being a suckerfish to America’s Great White and for my son to exhibit the overt reverence for ol’ glory that I’ve been intentionally planting since day one.

“HEY, Daddy. That’s the United States flag of America!”
:americanflag:

Everything is painted with too a broad brush these days - there are no longer "shades" or "degrees" of anything - people are labeled and put into one of two groups. Thanks, Twitter!

Went back and read 1984 about 5-6 years ago. Twitter is "Newspeak". The character limit condenses words and removes nuance.

Oh, and Big Brother IS watching. Pretty amazing how spot-on Orwell was.

I'm happy about it bc SHS nearly lost her shit when Schiano was almost hired by UT bc of rumors that he may have known something regarding the Penn St scandal yet she had no issue when her employer was backing Roy Moore, an accused child molester. I just think she's a terrible human being.

On the other hand, I thought it was absolutely despicable when students at Cal Berkley tried to have Ben Shapiro blocked from giving a speech on their campus bc they disagreed with his views.

Reactions: 911guy
I mean, I couldn't disagree with Bristol politically anymore than I do and I don't wish harm on him. In fact I really like the guy. Wouldn't give him as much hell if I didn't. Feeding into the overreaction at every single media grab incident is ridiculous.

Reactions: BristolCat
“We have seen our discourse degraded by casual cruelty. At times, it can seem like the forces pulling us apart are stronger than the forces binding us together. Argument turns too easily into animosity. Disagreement escalates into dehumanization. Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions..."

Nailed it.

Reactions: roguemocha
“We have seen our discourse degraded by casual cruelty. At times, it can seem like the forces pulling us apart are stronger than the forces binding us together. Argument turns too easily into animosity. Disagreement escalates into dehumanization. Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions..."
- Donald Trump

I don't really have a problem with a business refusing to serve someone for political reasons, just like I don't have a problem with a business refusing to serve someone for religious reasons. If it's egregious enough, the market will take care of it. If you run a business and you're dumb and/or hateful enough that you will only cater to Democrats or only cater to Republicans, you probably aren't going to be in business very long. That kind of stuff tends to work itself out.

I didn't (and wouldn't) vote for Trump, but the "THIS IS JUST LIKE THE HOLOCAUST ONLY LITERALLY A BILLION TIMES WORSE" histrionics is silly, wrong and stupid. We live in a free society and our liberty isn't even remotely threatened by whoever is the White House.

Work hard, pay your taxes, get some perspective and stop bitching.

My 6 year old lost his first tee ball game in almost a year yesterday. Had won 24 straight. Championship game. Didn’t get a ring. F*ck this gay f*cking f*ggot ass earth and everyone in it. Including Sara sanders and Maxine Blacklady and everyone in between

Member that one time when the UoK Wildcats won every single game and then lost to those white boys from Wisconsin? That crushing t-ball lose probably felt like that.

Feeding into the overreaction at every single media grab incident is ridiculous.

I agree with this, and I think it's a problem because it delegitimizes truly abhorrent behavior. When everything is an egregious offense, nothing is.

In a weird way, because "the left" gets offended at every little thing, it makes it easier for Trump to say despicable and embarrassing things without repercussion.

What bothers me more than anything about the current state is that huge corporations and foreign agencies use social media and SuperPACs to divide the common people, and get us arguing about stuff that no one in power is really ever going to do anything about. While they're busy dividing the American people into "teams" or "camps" the people/companies with real power are using our elected politicians to do shit that benefits only their interests.

So while we squabble with each other about virtually meaningless bullshit, they get more powerful.

The entire system has become a bastardized shit-show.

Solid weekend for having to work Saturday.

Saturday night, went to the new Jurassic movie. Not good. Reminded me of Nightmare on Elm Street the last 1/3rd of the movie.

Yesterday, golf at 7 am. 1st time I've swung a club this year. Smooth 105. Drank 6 pilsner beers on the course.Tailgating, flying, fishing, and golf are all acceptable reasons to make beer your breakfast.

Finished up the round at 11 and headed to Roosters. About to order and the wife said we were going to meet friends at Sake Blue at 6. Still got 6 wings and split 2 pictures of more pilsner.

Tonight is swim meet night. Wolf Creek tonight. Cant wait to get to the other side of town so the drive isnt 45 minutes each way.

Yup.

You know who's having a great day? The person behind the Twitter account of the Red Hen restaurant in Washington DC that Sarah Sanders didn't go to.

DgjDooTW4AEupKK.jpg

Over...
DgjDooUW4AYfX5-.jpg

...and over...
DgjDooaX4AAUZL4.jpg

...and over again.
DgjDooVXUAEu9hm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT