ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have a single issue w Mitch (yet). What has he botched thus far? If you read between the lines, it seems like Oats has some family issues that would make taking a new job 6 hours away difficult.

Gotta take Drew’s reasoning at face value. He’s got 3 kids who’ve only known Waco. He sent Maude to visit trinity christian academy yesterday and she felt it wasn’t a good fit for Rod and Todd, so they’re staying.
If he whiffs on Hurley and Donovan I will change my tune, but at this point (day 3 technically) I have no reason to believe he isn’t doing all he should or could.
The issue with Mitch is that a lot of coaches are hesitant because of how volatile from the start his and Cal’s relationship has been from the start.

They had his odd comments during his presser “we did our due diligence on him”, the coachcal.com beef, haven’t been friendly for years.

Mitch never tweets much about basketball either and there was also the football/basketball beef where he publicly ripped Cal. The practice facility issues, not letting him hire Brad and getting rid of some other folks that were close to him.

Some was his fault some wasn’t but the perception is that it at least partly was. So anyone that’s friends with Cal will be told it was all his fault and won’t ever think about coming here (like Few).

I wanted Drew and thought he would accept. That said, It was clear to me that Drew wasn’t going to accept the job when N72UK was headed to Jersey this morning. I don’t expect Hurley to accept, but money talks and he understands what KENTUCKY is. The prestige. So I could be wrong and hope I am.

Donovan doesn’t excite me at all. It’s a combination of him scorning us before and not knowing when he can get here and get going. Idk man, but at the end of the day, it’s not Cal.

I’m genuinely still wondering where all they even took them yesterday to try to convince them they should move here.
Sounds like the family felt everything was rushed. If Mitch wanted him so bad, he should’ve given him more time to think about it.

Sorry, I didn’t mean I thought Mitch was faultless all-time, just in this current coaching search. But I do think he has made some significant mistakes along the way, some of which have led to this aforementioned coaching search.

Regarding Donovan, he’s unhappy in Chicago and the fans are fed up with him too.

I could also see one of Mitch’s concerns would be how difficult it would be for him to build a roster this year. No players to bring with him obviously and the portal is pretty weak this year.

We could possibly miss the tournament next year if we hired him. I’d be fine with that but Mitch knows the fans wouldn’t for the most part and he’d catch some heat for it too.

A big plus for him would be no buyout.

Sorry, I didn’t mean I thought Mitch was faultless all-time, just in this current coaching search. But I do think he has made some significant mistakes along the way, some of which have led to this aforementioned coaching search.
I’ll disagree with that in that he should’ve given Drew more time, made Hurley the #1 choice and not given up so quickly on Oats.

Not for nothing, but I worked closely with a guy who’s brother was worth about $900M and one of the many boosters of UConn. I don’t see us “breaking” the university’s budget. They can raise the money.

Reactions: jayroon
Cal is smearing UK, particularly Mitch behind the scenes. Making the rounds through Nike circuit.
Cal took shot at the Craft’s last night in speech saying he loved the Governor (Beshear). The whole Oscar and Craft campaign snub is not true. Cal didn’t save Oscar from being used as a political pawn, but the falling out can be attributed to Craft/Oscar relationship, but not that single event.

high five oklahoma city thunder GIF by NBA

Thing for all the $hit that Mitch gets, he seems like the best guy you could work for. His best attribute is also his worst, his patience when things are rough is limitless. You are not going to be fired after a couple of bad years. You are never going to be publicly humiliated with a firing before you get on the team bus. It says more about what headcases Cal and BCG were that they couldn't make it work

At this point, I would quickly change my tune and quit being a tightwad and get Oats before going on to Donovan or anyone else.

Last edited:
I can’t believe UK is offering its job to incredible candidates! What a bunch of ****ing idiots! FIRE MITCH!
Of our top three candidates -- two have multiple titles and the third has another. We are trying to poach at the literal upper tier of the food chain.

This is like being single after 15 years of marriage. You need to take a few swings at some 10s just to know what the outer limits are, imo. We will still end up with a smokeshow regardless.

Also, I don't care if we win a single game next year if we make the right hire.

At this point, I would quickly change my turne and quit being a tightwad and get Oats before going on to Donovan or anyone else.
Oats isn’t leaving the state of Alabama according to Rowland’s latest (and some other whispers I’ve seen online). Getting divorced and wants split custody and has to stay in Alabama. Any of GYEROLAW feel free to shoot it down.

Reactions: creeksman
Cal is smearing UK, particularly Mitch behind the scenes. Making the rounds through Nike circuit.
Cal took shot at the Craft’s last night in speech saying he loved the Governor (Beshear). The whole Oscar and Craft campaign snub is not true. Cal didn’t save Oscar from being used as a political pawn, but the falling out can be attributed to Craft/Oscar relationship, but not that single event.

F that son of a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT