ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-I’ve got a books thread started, you’re welcome.

-Was headed to a fancy Chophouse in St Pete Beach and my car dies on 275, just nothing. End up calling AAA, stupid PsOS, but they eventually got my car and me home with no steak eaten. Annoyed AF and don’t want a new car at all.

-Krazy said he wasn’t going to let Cal steal his gun/joy/season whatever which is fine, but I’m pretty sure he’s in full denial, make any argument possible to save face for Cal, make illogical points for no reason mode…
Are you high on drugs right now?
Yes.
Black oil sunflower seed will attract cardinals, finches, and all manner of wild birds.
Great, this mfer is feeding birds seed oils!?!! You trying to make them obese so you can see them longer/more easily.

I'm sure it will be heavily edited to make sure neither one looks bad and won't answer any questions at all but that the University and the Basketball Program are lock step in the steps that must be taken to drive UK basketball forward.

"Talked about things we want to get better at"

What in the last 4 years have they actually been good at?

Big OOC games? Nope
Big Home games? Nope
SEC Tourney games? Nope
NCAA Tournament Success? Nope

Sure Mitch. The program needs a full blown reset.

Surely no one is going to actually listen to that made up bs tonight right? I’ll just let KSR fill me I. Tomorrow and save the time.

I don’t need answers now, give it a summer to come up with some ideas and have some lists made up by fall and we will pick the first book by Madness. We’ll do a book ever few weeks and when you’d normally post something like “wtf was that inbounds play” or “GOOOOOOOOOOOOO” or “do we even practice defense” instead it’ll be something like “what did you all think about the character’s choice” or “this is clearly a metaphor for maybe using a 2-3 zone every now and then I mean we sure as hell can’t play man”. Just an idea to get this thread through 24-25.

What are people’s preferences? Fiction or non-fiction? Any tooics to pursue or ignore?
I won't participate, and this will likely be my last drive-by post in this thread as I have decided to check out of any UK athletics endeavors as long as Mitch is in charge. But Edmund Burke's "Reflections on the Revolution in France" might work for this group.

- Went with the wife and kids to an RH (overpriced furniture store) outlet to try my best to save money on chase loungers we will use about 8 times a year in central Ohio. We just HAVE to have really nice ones ever since she saw some. No luck unfortunately, she’s just beaten me into submission with all this furniture shit so I’ll be spending an ungodly amount on 2 that I’ll never use coming up

- Went to a nice diner after, their “blue plate special” was liver and onions. Used to grow up on it but haven’t had that meal in probably 20 years. The first taste was like a time warp. Amazing how food can elicit such strong memories.

- Appreciate Anth trying to clean up the place, have no clue who half the posters that post here even are anymore, but like Cal we’ve all stopped giving a shit to put in any effort to maintain standards

- Started watching Sapranos, had never seen it. On season three now and it’s hitting its stride. The production value and acting skills of the supporting actors is slowly getting better but there is still one constant - Gandolfini is ridiculously likeable and an incredible actor. What a gem - and what a loss. Did you know the guy was 38 when the show started? Poor bastard was aging in dog years

- Early Easter. Kiddos do the egg hunt and Easter bunny Saturday, see my brother tomorrow for the first time in 2.5 years. Will take my first ever golf lesson in 2 weeks. Things are looking up, don’t let anyone steal your joy.

Considering this was the last of the Covid SRs it’s safe to say all of NCAA is getting younger next season. Add to that several of the really good-great teams were very SR laden and not just with Covid SRs I really feel returning some players could go along way for us next year.

If Wagner/Reed and then some obvious options like Adou, Burks and one of Z/Ugo come back that’s a start to something “different” for Cal in his tenure and isn’t terribly far fetched.

Can’t wait for this phase of roster build to be finalized.

Then enjoy my spring/summer to go into Football season refreshed and ready.

- Delivering my first 80 of 325 barrels to my distillery tomorrow. Also finally got past my engineering and planning/zoning issues with our plans. For the first time the project isn’t a drag as my govt battles are mostly in the past.

- Also started digging the hole for our new house build. Perfect timing to just pile on whatever else I can for the summer. Need plenty of distractions and I got them.

- Wife’s post op infection finally completely cleared, and now we have been to doctors the last 2 days and go for scans and X-rays tomorrows for possible kidney stones.

Can’t remember the last time I felt she was “normal”.

She’s been an absolute trooper though but clearly the mental struggle is getting to her.

- 8u baseball’s 3rd practice and even though they are teaching concepts and strategies which my son is lost on. He absolutely picks everything down the 3B line and has a canon across the diamond. In typical fashion his fielding is far and away his strength but the bat finally broke out in tonight’s practice.

Last edited:
Considering this was the last of the Covid SRs it’s safe to say all of NCAA is getting younger next season. Add to that several of the really good-great teams were very SR laden and not just with Covid SRs I really feel returning some players could go along way for us next year.
You sure about that professor?

If you were a freshman in 00-01, you’d still have another year of eligibility.

Reactions: krazykats
You sure about that professor?

If you were a freshman in 00-01, you’d still have another year of eligibility.

I’m not just feel like several radio or tv personalities have mentioned it.

If it’s so, I’d imagine going from 23-24YO SRs back down to 22 YO SRs it would make a big impact.

But considering UNC, KU, UT, Purdue, Houston, UConn, and a few others ranked/seeded above us will be hit hard by the loss of seniors it could be the most impactful year to keep players,

Reactions: Col. Angus
So both of these cucks thought acting like UKuckO’s lover, Trump, would make everything better????

Kick both of the sniveling cucks to the curb for insulting BBN’s intelligence.

Boosters should just get another coach and watch these two cucks spoon each other for the next year. It would be an appropriate response.

F@ck Calsucker and Mitchbitch!!

💯
1914019_1218619071262_6046696_n.jpg

Interesting side note about this photo - this was at the Mike Brent (RIP) Classic in New Castle. Same day Jeff Sheppard was the celebrity advance the ball with a wedge host on hole 18. Man what a waste of money that was!!!

- I'm a big fan of killing birds and eating them myself. Hoping to get a turkey next month.

- 8 yo was home sick yesterday and asked if he could watch Airplane. It's rated PG, why not? Such a great movie.

- on the topic of reading, just read Lost City of Z and The Wager, thanks to rogue for lending me the books. Both were great reads.

- I think UK has gotten too stale at the top. Capilouto needs to retire, so does Mitch. Cal can retire or do whatever else he wants.

- some lake time on the horizon. Taking the boy to the place I've been going with my dad almost my whole life.

- nice to get baseball back in the rotation. What is the key to getting reds games on tv this season?

- city tagged a sidewalk square in front of my house for replacement. Demo'ed it out yesterday. Sure doesn't take long for the body to get out of busting up concrete shape.

80, if you have TMobile they have free MLB.tv. I use the Windscribe VPN and for the last 3 years it's worked to watch every game: they have an app on the Fire Tv

Reactions: Booker Noe
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT