ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some pt….does Dr Eli get involved if some of this athletic dept organization is true?
In a competently organized athletics / university structure, maybe.

We need look no further than the construction of roughly 10,000 new buildings and tuitions lifting their way into outer space during Capiluoto’s tenure to figure out where most of his attention probably lies.

6l0BB9.gif

On a larger scale, and I'm being very serious here, we are going to have to start dealing on a national level with aging people in positions of power they are no longer capable of holding and too prideful to quit.

It might be time for baby boomers to retire for good. The good thing is they generally have enough money to enjoy for a good, long time.

If you listened to that tonight and you don’t think in some fashion he has talked to Mitch or the admin and was given certain talking point narratives then that’s naive of you, IMO.

Nice to know Billy Richmond also won a state title.

The idea of Cal getting one last go leads me to believe the coaches I’d most be interested are in the running. Beard and or Oats. Both signing those extensions just really limited the pool of coaches, but I’d much prefer the idea of waiting 1 more year and getting Beard than to settle this year and get a guy that might succeed and have him for 4-5 years while Beard or the like fill IU, KU and other positions taking them out of the running.

Side note, is Richard Pitino a legit candidate for UL? Would seem extremely awkward.

-“We need a few older stud transfers and we’re back.”

“I’ll support whoever is leading our program.”

“I just shotgunned like 6 Modelos.”

*honest to God quote, “Man, I believe in multiple second chances because I’ve needed them.”

I said “like 3rd and 4th chances?”

“No just another second chance.”
Actual text conversation with a Lexington friend tonight.

These people exist and believe “talking negatively about Cal and not buying merch/tickets/not showing up to games, etc are the WORST fans.”

-Speaking of the olds, was talking with an insurance reg today and he was saying currently boomers are retiring about 10K/day while only 5K/day die.

So doing the math obviously adding 5K retirees a day is definitely adding a lot of pressure on a lot of financial systems coming down the pipe.

On the positive side, he did say if you didn’t need to buy a house right now you can definitely wait a bit as he said a lot of housing is going to come up in 8-10+ years as these people die off which will cause home prices to decrease.*

*I have ZERO idea if the majority of that is true or not but as Scarface on Half-Baked said about guy on couch, “I believe him yo. I don’t know why, but I do.”

Also, your point is very true about the old olds in power. We’re watching them fallout, sometimes on live television…

-As for colleges’ infinite seeming growth, does anyone else wonder what those buildings will become when everyone isn’t forced into massive debt and college for 4+ years or just choose not to be?

It’s impossible for them to continue at this rate.

Last edited:
If you listened to that tonight and you don’t think in some fashion he has talked to Mitch or the admin and was given certain talking point narratives then that’s naive of you, IMO.

Nice to know Billy Richmond also won a state title.

The idea of Cal getting one last go leads me to believe the coaches I’d most be interested are in the running. Beard and or Oats. Both signing those extensions just really limited the pool of coaches, but I’d much prefer the idea of waiting 1 more year and getting Beard than to settle this year and get a guy that might succeed and have him for 4-5 years while Beard or the like fill IU, KU and other positions taking them out of the running.

Side note, is Richard Pitino a legit candidate for UL? Would seem extremely awkward.
The one tiny positive for me with him possibly staying is that now if he underachieves again, by Mitch hooking his wagon to him, they could both possibly be gone next year. That might be the only way to entertain someone like Oats.

The quirky thing with Mitch is I’ve heard that he wasn’t responsible for the lifetime contract and actually didn’t want to do it.
It was Peevy’s idea and approved by Eli. So if Mitch ever gets any of the blame for keeping Cal this year, his bosses may not be able to blame him for the contract too which might make it tough to let him go.

Louisville is looking at Schertz, Holloway and Kelsey after their fans ending up sending death threats to May. They should stay away from Richard and Cronin and rid themselves of all the Pitino stink. Things could be worse.

-Speaking of the olds, was talking with an insurance reg today and he was saying currently boomers are retiring about 10K/day while only 5K/day die.

So doing the math obviously adding 5K retirees a day is definitely adding a lot of pressure on a lot of financial systems coming down the pipe.

On the positive side, he did say if you didn’t need to buy a house right now you can definitely wait a bit as he said a lot of housing is going to come up in 8-10+ years as these people die off which will cause home prices to decrease.*

It's ALL true. And I'd like to add, that I'm "technically" a boomer, but by a month. For practical purposes, I'm Gen X. So, don't get any GD ideas.

Yeah they’re saying 20 people in the water probably.

Nothing like watching our infrastructure collapse knowing it’s crumbling, yet doing nothing.

Singaporean cargo ship hit it. They’re without a huge bridge for years I’d guess. That’s going to be an absolute nightmare for Baltimore.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Yeah they’re saying 20 people in the water probably.

Nothing like watching our infrastructure collapse knowing it’s crumbling, yet doing nothing.

Singaporean cargo ship hit it. They’re without a huge bridge for years I’d guess. That’s going to be an absolute nightmare for Baltimore.
Crumbling infrastructure, shake Chad’s head….did you see the size of that container ship? Do you know how bridges work? The Sherman-Minton bridge is crumbling….this bridge got hit by one of the largest man made objects going 15 mpg….an act of physics rarely seen on this planet.

Pray that number is low because of the time of night and that those folks suffering was minimal as no one is surviving that. That’s straight nightmare fuel.

Crumbling infrastructure, shake Chad’s head….did you see the size of that container ship? Do you know how bridges work? The Sherman-Minton bridge is crumbling….this bridge got hit by one of the largest man made objects going 15 mpg….an act of physics rarely seen on this planet.

Pray that number is low because of the time of night and that those folks suffering was minimal as no one is surviving that. That’s straight nightmare fuel.
Our infrastructure IS crumbling dude, it’s very well-known. Whether this helped cause it or not is irrelevant to that point.

No big deal. Just 36% of bridges need “major repairs” totaling 200,000+ bridges costing 420 billion….

“this bridge got hit by one of the largest man made objects going 15 mpg….an act of physics rarely seen on this planet.“

I have a 50 ton capts license 😇 I’m aware how bridges and boats work. I mean there’s only 42 connecting the Keys but sure tell me about more about bridges.

We are all quite aware of where you live and your captainage, and we thank you for your service.

50 ton license lols a container ship is 220,000 tons. Equivalent to having a license to fly a paper airplane and asking to pilot a 747.

“35% of bridges needing repair” has literally nothing to do with potentially the largest man-made collision in the history of mankind, one Newton himself could not possibly have imagined.

“We have some serious infrastructure problems to work on guys!!!”

/ Honorable Rogue, Mayor of Hiroshima

Last edited:
Report online is the ship lost power and they had no control. But that’s twitter, so it could be completely fake.
You can see what looks like a big blow of exhaust coming from the ship where Captain tried to reverse engines right before impact. The lights go off on the ship prior to that, which supports power loss theory.

Last edited:
A better question than is our infrastructure collapsing is what in the hell was that captain doing?
Dude better hope his toxicology results come back clean. If there are casualties (which seems inevitable) and he was impaired, he would be looking at serious time.

Correct, the comparison of me to that guy is like a 12 year old driving a go kart telling Dale Jr how to downshift during turns at 160mph.

And I’ve hit a gd pylon before…but mine was in a 24’ tritoon, same same.

-Well the only likely thing he would pop for is weed since everything else is out of your system asap for the most part which would be dumb to convict him on that.

Most of these guys are VERY serious when captaining. Even my wild ass buddies that fly parasails would get so drunk the night before and knew they wouldn’t wake up would go sleep on the boat so they’d be at work but they we very hesitant to ever smoke weed. That’s because they have prison time hanging over them every day.

That captain is having the worst day he can imagine.

When the radios come out well know what all went down.

My mom just sent me a pic of the Herald spelling Calipari with a K, is that fake or did that actually happen?

I reckon 80 knows the owners.

-Apparently lost power and steering with a confirmed 13 knot crosswind. F*cking wild. 😳 at the cars that crossed seconds before it hit. Don't know anything about those ships other than being next to them fishing around Charleston. They're massive.

-That Boogie/Rondo conversation got me a little misty. I just loved everything about it.

-I. DO. NOT. want to discuss anything related to incoming elite freshman. Just f*cking zip it with that shit. Still trying to come to terms with what sounds like, not jut run it back one last time, but he's here until the University of Kentucky MBB is DePaul. We don't need 8 freshman. We have 7 guys that should be back. All but Reeves, Mitchell and Dilly. DJ, Edwards, Bradshaw, Theiro, Ugo, Z, Burks and you'd hope Shep needs a year to grow up. Go find 2-3 3&D guys and decommit a few raw elite recruits. But we won't. What should we set the 0/U for returnees? 3.5 sounds right.

-Probably a good time to move madness back to Memorial. Hell, Alumni might be able to hold the crowd next season.

-Back to hoping 4 of the final 16 teams don't win a title. F*ck me running.

-Bob Valvano 😭 UL Media never disappoints.

-P Diddy belongs in prison.

-Encourage you to google the characters as you read. It's just an amazing article.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT