ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well once you realize, depending on down payment and interest rate, that only $10,800 of that same 72K goes toward your principle it isn’t as bad considering there is a solid chance within 3 years some sort of costly upgrade will be necessary for most homes that aren’t new new.
Homes also (usually) appreciate in value. So on a $500K home, if the home appreciates at a rate of 5% per year, that's $75K after 3 years. And over that time you will probably also gain about $20K in equity from paying down the mortgage as well. So your $72K earned you $95K (less maintenance and repairs--but those also increase or at least preserve the value of the home).

Twitter as 5th most popular platform is nothing to sneeze at. But, in following the news, it is probably the most useful. I don't go on FB or Instagram to follow sportswriters, politics, and other news. I go on Twitter, follow a few writers in each realm, and read articles they link to. Pretty simple.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Was taking the elevator at the Hyatt. As the door is closing a 13-14 year old kid wearing a Miami Hurricanes football jersey tried to stop it. It closed in his face. For some reason I enjoyed that.

Walking through the lobby and not seeing backwards hat Lane kinda sucks. Always respected that guys hustle.

We structure NIL deals for final payment for January 2nd. No Ray, no pay!

Cal is about to rub it in folks nose when he gets a big or two back. I fully expect them to beat the hell out of a lot of teams this year.

Last year we went to 8 UK basketball games. We went 1-7. (Even lost to USC and Vandy). We all have seen 2 SEC home wins at Commonwealth the past two seasons. I feel like tonight may be the turning point and it’s about to be fun again.

Reggie Bush at USC was the most electric football player I've ever seen. Every week was must-see TV.

Speaking of another guy whose pro career didn't match his potential, but Sean Taylor was my favorite college football player ever. Dude was built like a linebacker, ran like the wind, and had just amazing instincts. Just a complete playmaker. Those early 2000s Miami teams were like peak college football for me. He was the first player I actually followed from a NFL Draft standpoint, like looking at mock drafts and trying to figure out where he might go. As a Steelers fan, I'm pretty sure I had an old Xanga (!!!) blog post back in 2004 talking about how I wanted the Steelers to draft Taylor and pair him with Polamalu for the next decade. That would have been fun, but that draft still worked out in a big way.

Twitter as 5th most popular platform is nothing to sneeze at. But, in following the news, it is probably the most useful. I don't go on FB or Instagram to follow sportswriters, politics, and other news. I go on Twitter, follow a few writers in each realm, and read articles they link to. Pretty simple.
When the platform is being funded and acting as the US Government organ grinder, the platform IS A QuasiGovernment agency, thus becoming a Freedom Of Speech issue an it is no longer a ‘business’ as Mags mentioned.

No.

Twitter was directly infiltrated by the government and used as operative tool during the @Jack regime. Twitter, like FB, was used knowingly to limit desperate opinion to the company line and discredit actual fact. Also used to discredit many folks and silence them.

I mean, Bari Weiss, Taibbi and Shellenbeger are liberals… but good smart ones.

So if Twitter is directly used by the government as an operative tool to control/maintain power, that's a bad thing. Right?

because Elon Musk actually did that with Twitter, and you can read about it here

Reactions: 911guy
Owning a home isn’t really the great investment over renting it’s made out to be imo. The historical growth of a homes value before the madness of the last 3 years was 3% annually. If you can get a great interest rate under 5% and your home balloons in value? Sure. But if it’s normal equity growth situation, you have a high interest rate, factor in property taxes, maintenance, the fact you lose a percentage in agent fees when you sell, if you make over a certain amount with the sale you have capital gains tax, etc I would never consider buying a house if I was a single guy. Being a family of 5 we really didnt have a choice with the rental market in our area and it was a cost we wanted for our kids, but I don’t view my house as a great investment by any means.

Uh, honorable mention to this guy re: mixtape

xaplhnmissnoknutgc5y

Never saw an actual real human heat-seeking missile until I played Tray Blackmon's Lagrange tape. Incredible.

Owning a home isn’t really the great investment over renting it’s made out to be imo. The historical growth of a homes value before the madness of the last 3 years was 3% annually. If you can get a great interest rate under 5% and your home balloons in value? Sure. But if it’s normal equity growth situation, you have a high interest rate, factor in property taxes, maintenance, the fact you lose a percentage in agent fees when you sell, if you make over a certain amount with the sale you have capital gains tax, etc I would never consider buying a house if I was a single guy. Being a family of 5 we really didnt have a choice with the rental market in our area and it was a cost we wanted for our kids, but I don’t view my house as a great investment by any means.
For most people, a house with a fixed rate mortgage is just a forced high yield savings account.

Last edited:
When the platform is being funded and acting as the US Government organ grinder, the platform IS A QuasiGovernment agency, thus becoming a Freedom Of Speech issue an it is no longer a ‘business’ as Mags mentioned.
That’s not how the law works. When Trump calls Hannity, etc as President and tells them to say xxx, it doesn’t turn them into a Government entity. There are a million ways governments use private entities to conduct business and arguably even political interests. Whether they should is a fair question. Whether it makes them open to First Amendment questions isn’t (even though Alito seems to want to try and revive that argument).

And as PTI points out, Musk has done the governments bidding in many other countries and likely will (or has) here as well.

So if Twitter is directly used by the government as an operative tool to control/maintain power, that's a bad thing. Right?

because Elon Musk actually did that with Twitter, and you can read about it here
That was citing India and Turkey examples🧐.

Additionally, when I read the line from your source, “March 2022 in the wake of Vladimir Putin’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.” You can certainly see the repeated, trite and overly simplified version of ‘truth’… useful for creating a side.

I don’t know The Independent UK press, but one can bet they are as reputable as the NYT🤫.

That’s not how the law works. When Trump calls Hannity, etc as President and tells them to say xxx, it doesn’t turn them into a Government entity. There are a million ways governments use private entities to conduct business and arguably even political interests. Whether they should is a fair question. Whether it makes them open to First Amendment questions isn’t (even though Alito seems to want to try and revive that argument).

And as PTI points out, Musk has done the governments bidding in many other countries and likely will (or has) here as well.
If Trump PAYS Fox, that’s a problem.

Meanwhile NPR is out there openly funded from the USGovernment under the guise of reporting unbiased ‘news’.

Here's a better source:

“In response to legal process and to ensure Twitter remains available to the people of Turkey, we have taken action to restrict access to some content in Turkey today,” read a tweet from Twitter's Global Government Affairs account posted at 6 a.m. Turkish time on Saturday.

Also, here's the story a few months later where he announces a new Tesla factory being built in Turkey.

link: click here

FREE SPEECH!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 911guy and jayroon
If Trump PAYS Fox, that’s a problem.

Meanwhile NPR is out there openly funded from the USGovernment under the guise of reporting unbiased ‘news’.
It’s not legally a problem. It might be a problem to you from a policy or moral perspective. But it’s not from a legal perspective. The government funds hundreds of thousands of private businesses through a multitude of ways. The law is very clear it doesn’t turn them into government entities

You can disagree with everything Twitter did from a policy perspective. That’s your right. It doesn’t make it illegal or against the First Amendment

I promise that will be my last word on it so I don’t hijack this anymore

Gonna be a pretty big announcement in UK world in next 7-10 days

- Cats/Canes tonight? I like us, ALOT honestly. That said does Miami still have that older guy for a coach that is legit? That’s kind of scary.

Sounds like you’re dialed in. They still have that older guy? Good grief.

Jim Larranaga, one of the best pure coaches of this era, fresh off a (1st in program history) Final 4 run, & back with another Top 10 squad? Nah, they let him go.

Last edited:
It’s not legally a problem. It might be a problem to you from a policy or moral perspective. But it’s not from a legal perspective. The government funds hundreds of thousands of private businesses through a multitude of ways. The law is very clear it doesn’t turn them into government entities

You can disagree with everything Twitter did from a policy perspective. That’s your right. It doesn’t make it illegal or against the First Amendment

I promise that will be my last word on it so I don’t hijack this anymore

Gonna be a pretty big announcement in UK world in next 7-10 days

Elzy a goner? Not sure that is a big announcement though.

• Love
Reactions: GrandePdre
I majored on Computer Science, not Finance, but how is renting for your entire life an equal investment to purchasing a home? Not saying it isn't true. I know a LOT, but even I don't know EVERYTHING.

I'd like to hear the case for that, at some point.

Daycare and School text threads are out of f*cking control. Put the f*cking text machine down Susan and let us know when it's something important. We're talking multiple texts per day.
Text threads for kids’ group activities are a red line.

Related, I really enjoy using the Remind app for after school program communication, the Instateam App for the fall ball baseball, a Facebook Group for spring baseball, the Heja app for indoor soccer communication, a different web app for indoor soccer scheduling and results, the Playmetrics app for outdoor soccer, the Techne app for soccer training, the Demosphere app for soccer registration, a web app for basketball, the Sprocket Sports app for futsal, and the Seesaw and Infinite Campus apps for other school info.

My Christmas Break project is setting up a family dashboard screen in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT