ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-DeAndre Hopkins to the Titans. Perfect match, and I think it pushes the Titans back into the playoffs. Should be a fun season fighting with the Jags for the division.

- Even though Down Home is only in a few states for distribution, we have a chance to get into Asian markets. Kind of a game changer if it works, obviously, and I didn’t even see it coming as someone presented it to me.

- This weather! Grass is green as I can ever remember in July.

- Scheduled appointments for the orthodontist for the kids. Braces coming soon, and I almost hate for them but the pain they will go thru makes me smile!

- I have a small slit in our fiberglass pool. Kind of really worried about it. Proactively working on solutions as I don’t want this to get bad before listing this house for sale in the next 6-8 months.

- Our nephew, shew wee this kid is some sort of lost. After quitting UPS and passing on free school at UL and dorms paid for too, he went the apprentice route for electrical. He did not pass the aptitude test so he can’t do the school program, and now he wants to go to WKU where his girlfriend goes to college.

I’ve about had enough of this little tumbleweed and his decisions. Got to clowning him with his best friend last night who couldn’t wait to jump in on the clowning. I don’t remember ever being whipped like this, but this kid is as lost in his girlfriend as can be.

The wife thinks because she kind of dominates the relationship that it’s the mothering he never got and seeks, because all his girlfriends tend to be this way with controlling him and he gravitates to it like a magnet.

- No feedback on our distillery filing. But I went ahead on purchasing bottling equipment to have it in place immediately.

Hard to imagine “just” running a distillery as a slowdown compared to my last 4 years but I truly believe it will be exactly that.

Please higher powers, let this one be!

- Watched 2 of the 4 games and have to say I am very happy with what I saw.
- Still know that Cal is capable of putting the reigns on a team once we get out of exhibition season, so there's that. Little bit of excitement today, but let's see what we look like in February.
- Cal needs to offer Huggy Bear part of his lifetime contract. Team doesn't go 4-0 without Mitchell.
- Reeves is BUCKETS! DJ is the ALPHA MALE. Shepperd is the smart player a team always needs.
- Not sure I saw enough of Dillingham to be certain either way, but right now I am very slightly leaning towards out of control and perhaps an inner problem in the future. Hope I am 100% wrong.
- Practicing at Drakes shack was a nice touch.
- Alvarez beats Joker at Wimbledon. Kid might win more majors than all of them when it's all said and done.
- Barbasol weather cooperated for the most part. Exciting end of the tournament. Hopefully we can get a new sponsor and keep the tournament at Keene Trace. Gall's military and first responder lodge was awesome.
- Played Covered Bridge and Champions Pointe in Indiana over the weekend. Not bad tracks.
- Need to watch Mission Impossible and Oppenheimer this week.

FjEylk8XkAA3cdV-scaled-1.jpeg

Hopkins best years are behind him. As one reporter said, why trade AJ Brown and then turnaround and get a ,likely, possession receiver at this point for 5 million less than what market is for some #1 receivers.
If they have no one to stretch field, it will be wasted money on him.

Reactions: jameslee32
Hopkins best years are behind him. As one reporter said, why trade AJ Brown and then turnaround and get a ,likely, possession receiver at this point for 5 million less than what market is for some #1 receivers.
Almost like they fired the GM who made that stupid ass decision for a reason and the new guy is doing his best to get someone in to make up for it.

- I hope all the minor leaguers win.

- The Guardians got swept right out of the gate by the Rangers. Clearly a class below the AL's best. Hate it when a franchise is stuck in the middle, which is where Cleveland stands because of its weak division. If it was in just about any other division, they'd be definite sellers and looking towards the future. But as mediocre as they've been, they're still right there with Minnesota, so you can't quite throw in the towel just yet. Just a terrible spot overall.

- The recent Kentucky basketball player who I forget about the most...Isaiah Jackson.

- Not sure any "normal" situation gives me anxiety than the 48 or so hours before a long vacation. All the loose ends to tie up with work, making sure I have everything I need for the trip, and in this instance, making sure the house is guest-ready for the sitter who will be watching the dog. We haven't even really had the chance to talk through our schedule for the trip. Guess we'll do that at the airport.

- Some strong movies coming out over the next few months: "Oppenheimer", "The Creator", a lot of good titles that I'll forgot are in theaters until it's too late and I have to watch on my TV screen, the way God intended.

If they have no one to stretch field, it will be wasted money on him.

1- AJ Brown without getting into the bonus details, signed a 4year 100M deal. Hopkins was signed for 2 years 26M. What are you talking about?

2- As was mentioned, the GM that traded AJ Brown was fired.

3- Hopkins is not washed, and bumps two 2nd year players to their rightful position as WR 2 &3. So for that alone it’s a huge signing as it further opens the field as we are a run heavy team still and depend on play action for big plays. That gives our offense a whole different look as defenses have to stay honest.

4- The Titans defense is still the best facet for success. Much like UK football, it’s run heavy, play action pass, and keep the offense from bad field positioning. Football is this simple no matter how much it changes.

Reading is fundamental- at this point for 5 million less than what market is for some #1 receivers
Further, transition tag is $17 million this year, hence some wide receivers.
Yep, GM was fired, agreed. Seems like throwing good money after bad. Doubling down on stupidity.
Hopkins not played more than 10 games last 2 years
You're banking on a guy going into his 11th season to get back to where he was 2 years ago from a QB whose QBR rating has declined last 3 years. Good luck with that.

Like I said 3 weeks ago

Chicago Cubs

Record: 43-50

Postseason odds: 20.5%

Verdict: Deal away vets

Available: Starting pitching, left-handed bat

It's been a weird year for them, but Marcus Stroman and Cody Bellinger are about as good as it gets if they're on the market. Maybe the Cubs will stand pat, thinking Cincinnati will come back to the pack. But Milwaukee will be tough.

"At the end of the day, you're making a decision around this year's playoff odds and future years' playoff odds," Cubs general manager Carter Hawkins said. "The exact record doesn't matter if you get it down to that granular level, but it doesn't feel very comfortable being under .500 and in a supercompetitive position.

"There's playoff odds, and then there's World Series odds. I don't think there's much history of teams being under .500 winning the World Series."

Reactions: roguemocha
The one move I thought the Braves should have made over the off season was to sign Cody Bellinger. Dude is terrifying. I know he sucked the last couple years but I think LA was messing up his head.

Re the Cubs - they should try to extend Bellinger as he’s on a one year deal. But I’d that’s not gonna happen they might as well trade him as he’ll be gone in 3 months and the Cubs aren’t making the playoffs.

Bellinger and Stroman could get some talented prospects that could easily “be ready” in the next year or 2 which is our timeline to be solid playoff contenders.

I’d love to see Stroman as the ace on this Reds team too! He is exactly who they need and he owns the B****SS Brewers!

Last edited:
Belonged and Stroman could get some talented prospects that could easily “be ready” in the next year or 2 which is our timeline to be solid playoff contenders.

I’d love to see Stroman as the ace on this Reds team too! He is exactly who they need and he owns the B****SS Brewers!

Face it, Krazy, the Rickett’s got their World Series they are in “counting cash mode” now.

Reactions: roguemocha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT