ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the same way that Dillingham worries me as a good fit, I have concerns about Rondo. I think we need more of his personality for the team, but I can see him challenging Cal's stupid shit in a manner that hurts the team. Hopefully I'm wrong, but there is a track record of Rondo having trouble communicating well with people he deems as making dumb decisions.

Did F’ing Toppin and Reeves really go 2-23 from the field in an NCAA Tournament game?

And no I’m not counting Reeves’ bullshit late 3; nor am I giving Toppin credit for good defense on Johnson.

2-for-F’ing-23

Pretty much every single tournament game we’ve lost under Cal was the result of us playing very poorly on offense. Rarely having anything to do with the other team playing really well or lights out. That’s the most frustrating part - just constant March choke jobs over and over again.

Did F’ing Toppin and Reeves really go 2-23 from the field in an NCAA Tournament game?

And no I’m not counting Reeves’ bullshit late 3; nor am I giving Toppin credit for good defense on Johnson.

2-for-F’ing-23

Yes, but in Toppins defense he was the target of some crap fouls calls that took him completely out of the game in the 2nd half.

Reeves has no excuse. As a shooter it’s clear that the strategy is if you misss 1-2-3-4 in a row and feel you are forcing it because the next one has to hit, then it’s time to drive and get an easier shot, draw a foul, or draw an extra defender and make a an assist to get in the game.

Reeves just kept firing, and I get that because shooters shoot and he was WIDE OPEN, but you have got to see early it wasn’t clicking.

Of course with 1:30 to play in the game he draws a foul, sinks 2 FTs and the next time down sinks his first 3 of the game when it was over. Finished 1-10 from 3, 1-15 from the floor with 3 of the non three pointers being off the elbow 19’ jumper.

Reading in game posts is waste now, but I’ll called it out a couple times live. Infuriating!

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
brad pitt dogs GIF
Greatest movie EVA!!!

Reactions: rudd1

2-for-F’ing-23

Yes!! Finally out of Chad's doghouse!!

01gedej5t2ywzd1taaeb.jpg

Make no mistake, there will be such a disconnect between Cal and BBN that he will do his best to paint us as a cold, morally abhorrent, second coming of the KKK fanbase. This is going to get really ugly. We still haven't hit rock bottom with him ruining this program. I'll give late January or early February '24 as the time frame.

Reeves has no excuse. As a shooter it’s clear that the strategy is if you misss 1-2-3-4 in a row and feel you are forcing it because the next one has to hit, then it’s time to drive and get an easier shot, draw a foul, or draw an extra defender and make a an assist to get in the game.
This. The dude didn't even get to the FT line until 15 seconds left in the game...

Reactions: Ron Mehico
I think Cal genuinely believes that BJW couldn’t possibly understand basketball like he can.

That’s totally normal - I’m sure Nick Saban isn’t getting advice from Alabama football fans, or K from the Duke student section. What those guys were capable of, however, was to recognize when they were losing and make major adjustments to their coaching philosophy.

Reactions: 911guy
Two years in a row that transfer guys crap the bed in the biggest game of the year.
Concerning.

Not for me with Reeves. I hope he comes back. I really mean that. He has the exact mentality you have to have with a coach like cal.

You listen, you learn, you understand the plays/sets and then you just F’ing play regardless if it’s going to piss him off, and if he does get pissed you simply ride it out until he needs you to bail him out.

That was Reeves season, and will be next year if he’ll come back.

I think Cal genuinely believes that BJW couldn’t possibly understand basketball like he can. And his consequent dismissiveness of the fanbase’s intelligence is only getting worse. You can practically hear the contempt in his voice sometimes.
From last year's win over the Vols after Joe B died:

"Even more delightful to John Calipari, surely, was the fact that his team scored 107 points while attempting just 18 3-pointers and making only 11. And did he wish to rub his critics’ noses in that fact? Those of us who’ve advocated for his getting with the times and embracing the 3-point revolution that has swept across all levels of basketball?

“I’m not going to argue with people,” he said with a grin. “I’ll let them be wrong. But here’s what I’d say to everybody listening: I have this team every day. I’m in the gym every day. You’ve never been in the gym. I don’t know how you can tell me exactly how you think a team or player can play. You’ve got to see them every day. Now, people have opinions, and it’s fantasy basketball. It’s the day and age, and I’m fine. I’ve had a little bit of success doing this a certain way … not only here, but at other places. I don’t like living and dying with the 3. I just don’t.”

That’ll drive some people mad, and it’s fairly obvious Calipari likes that, too. But if Kentucky keeps scoring the way it has lately, with the 3-pointer as a viable threat but not nearly the entire focus of its offense, few will complain with the results. There are even bigger tests ahead. The next three Saturdays bring road trips to Auburn, Kansas and Alabama, all top-25 teams. Of course, that seems a little less daunting now, after the Cats’ demolition of Tennessee."

Still Makes Me Furious

UK fans cheer for box-outs, proper switches on defense and making the right pass. That asshole knows we know ball and is being a dick because there's nothing we can do to make him change his ways.

Guess what Cal, it doesn't matter if you want to live/die by the 3, other teams are and they're consistently beating whatever the hell it is you're running on offense to negate the increase in points they receive.

I say this sincerely, drown that take in horseshit.

Edit: It should also be noted that he has historically played two bigs for rim protection but I don't recall the last guy that was an exceptional rim protector while being an actual factor on offense since...Bam? WCS? We've got plenty of cats who can't defend or score that have gotten plenty of run instead of another 6'4+ combo guard who could shoot. Hopefully this is a lesson to him, but I know it won't be.

Also, stop letting these assholes cuck you like Shaedon and Wheeler just did. You're a man damn it, act like it.

Last edited:
WTF? Really……do not respond Krazy, don’t take the bait.

UK fans cheer for box-outs, proper switches on defense and making the right pass. That asshole knows we know ball and is being a dick because there's nothing we can do to make him change his ways.

Guess what Cal, it doesn't matter if you want to live/die by the 3, other teams are and they're consistently beating whatever the hell it is you're running on offense to negate the 33% increase in points they receive.

I say this sincerely, drown that take in horseshit.

Edit: It should also be noted that he has historically played two bigs for rim protection but I don't recall the last guy that was an exceptional rim protector while being an actual factor on offense since...Bam? WCS? We've got plenty of cats who can't defend or score that have gotten plenty of run instead of another 6'4+ combo guard who could shoot. Hopefully this is a lesson to him, but I know it won't be.

Also, stop letting these assholes cuck you like Shaedon and Wheeler just did. You're a man damn it, act like it.

It’s all fun and games until we’re underachieving again next year, hit a 3 game skid in late January with a team full of non shooters and Billy Joe Wildcat sees Lil Sheppard just rotting away on the bench. It could easily go from apathy to full blown anger at that point.

Nothing will be off the table when there’s a native honk legacy not being used properly on top off the pile of shit we’ve been forced to eat the last 3 years.

It’s all fun and games until we’re underachieving again next year, hit a 3 game skid in late January with a team full of non shooters and Billy Joe Wildcat sees Lil Sheppard just rotting away on the bench. It could easily go from apathy to full blown anger at that point.

Nothing will be off the table when there’s a native honk legacy not being used properly on top off the pile of shit we’ve been forced to eat the last 3 years.
452c8l.jpg

Will lil’ Shep play more than Jon Hood? Derek Willis?

Nick Richards rim protector/scorer.

Mel Kiper going to die on the Levis hill. Mel is the Cal of draftnicks, not adjusting his evaluations to how the game is played today. Still need Kiper in case McShay suffers another “seizure”.

Spring football report. Needed that. 5 months until I get my football dreams dashed.

Reactions: UKMKG
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT