ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured the show was over, and, being an old white man, I listen to the wireless (or, as you kids call it, the RADIO), a LOT. LOL

I flipped it on and it was still going.

So Cal’s staff is tired of him too?

Mags said he wouldn’t be surprised if only 1 of the assistants came back next year.
They don't want to be a part of a perennially under-performing program. It's not a stepping stone to a head coaching job when we underperform every year. At least some of them surely know some of the things we should be doing and Cal refuses to, so that's a detractor. Chin very clearly is frustrated about how this program is run. I have always hated working for poor management. If I were an assistant here at this moment I'd be looking at my exit strategy.

Going back to 2019, we continuously play to 60-64 pts. It’s Virginia-esque.

Can’t shoot, for some reason we are limiting possessions, grind it out..with the better athletes…. I don’t get it.

What makes it worse is if you want to win that style, you have to value every possession. That is not us. We give away every 5th possession it feels like.

I would have bet on us winning multiple more titles at minus odds walking out of the superdome in March/April 2012.

Thank god I decided to go down there with my dad vs. staying in Lexington. Legitimately had a thought of “there will be other chances to go, but I may not live in Lexington forever.” Will always have that one.

thank you. Our bracket could open up, so that the 1924 Princeton team is all we'd have to face to go to the FF, but it wouldn't matter, because that would require winning three games in a row, and considering we only have ONE FICKING win in four years, it wouldn't GD matter.

And Calipari's stupid comments about the first half were LOL
He essentially said that our guys were shocked that KSU was trying to get in our way, and impede our efforts to score on offense.

Izzo owns Cal. The bracket opening up in front of us is always an illusion because Cal can't coach his way out of a plastic bag against the "inferior" teams.

Which makes the situation even more frustrating. For a coach like Izzo--the open bracket wouldn't be illusory. Instead we're stuck with this stubborn idiot.

They don't want to be a part of a perennially under-performing program. It's not a stepping stone to a head coaching job when we underperform every year. At least some of them surely know some of the things we should be doing and Cal refuses to, so that's a detractor. Chin very clearly is frustrated about how this program is run. I have always hated working for poor management. If I were an assistant here at this moment I'd be looking at my exit strategy.
Jai Lucas was the canary in the coal mine.

They touched on this during the post game and I agree that this is the least disappointed/mad I’ve ever been for a tournament loss and that really is Cal’s worst crime. He has lowered expectations and standards to a point where we can’t even expect to compete against programs like K f’ing State

You know what makes brackets open up etc.

Having a team that doesn't shit down it's leg, and can go out and play the game of basketball.

that would be a real difference maker, with respect to our f*king bracket.

We should give that a try maybe.
Its hard to believe that there was a time, not too long ago, that Kentucky didn't give two shits about who was, or wasn't in their GD bracket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoneule
When you lose GYERO, it's time to go.
The only unanswered question/variable is; can he get out with a modicum of dignity left. Or will he "make a scene."*
*None of this is going to happen as long as that woodchuck looking bastard is running the Athletic Department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT