ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's as true now as it was in December...if this team is going to reach its full potential it *needs* Justin Edwards to be playing up to his potential.

Cal knows this which is why he's been so adamant about pushing that button all year.

I don't think Krazy is arguing any support for Cal, more reflecting on the people who come on here or Rafters and say Wagner is terrible, Bradshaw unplayable, Edwards a homeless man's Bobby Perry.

Maybe in the past we had some shit heads, but this isn't that group. Bradshaw got unfairly type cast because of his Klutch affiliation, but has been an absolute gem of a teammate and kid.

That's good enough for me to focus on his one handed rebound in traffic with the nice putback last night instead of being the first f*ckboi to rush on here and shit on him.

Last edited:
Cal has not put this team in position to be successful in the tournament.

All those close games were lost because of coaching. Not calling time outs, not running the best plays, not making adjustments.

He could have still played those marginal lineups and still won had he been more prepared (try watching film) and made better in game decisions.

No excuse for this team to not be a 2 seed. I can be pumped that UK ragdolled Alabama but also want to hold Cal accountable for mismanagement.

Dude I was pissed Hoyer couldn’t close the deal earlier but this played out perfect.

We need a piece or two in order to push for the playoffs but if Bellinger plays strong I like this group.
I’d argue it is more of a Boras issue than a FO issue. That dude is asking for way too much money. Hoyer obviously is against the large contracts, at least at this point. He has a tendency to wait out the the bigger numbers, hoping to get a more team friendly deal done so who knows.

Told ya, Jed just being Jed. This time it appears to have worked in his favor. Hopefully he has another year like 23 and some of the kids keep getting better.

^ When I watched it, I kept thinking no way that’s real until researched it and found it was dead on. Pretty amazing actually and a great watch.
I can't imagine the level of stress/pressure that Al Ruddy was under. We have 4 episodes left still. Best New thing I've watched in a while.

Reactions: parrott
krazykats is right.

You take away the Texas A&M loss and the South Carolina loss and the Florida loss and the Tennessee loss and the Gonzaga loss and we’re 24-3. We should have won the UNCW game and the Kansas game and then we’re 26-1. Flip that LSU game to a win and we’re literally undefeated. Thats 27-0 and the #1 overall seed.

Just don’t understand what the rest of you idiots are so upset about.

December 23, 2023.

Just sayin’ . . . 🤷🏻‍♂️

What’s the old saying about blind squirrels and nuts? Maybe it’s blind pigs and acorns? I hope the kid has found whatever it is that he needs in order to be the player we all predicted him to be. I think I’ll give him a few more games, though 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Col. Angus
In a b league intramural game at UK I put up 20 pts on like 9 of 10 shooting one time. That doesn’t mean that’s who I was. Does Edwards settle into a guy who will get us 14 pts a game? Who knows, but let’s pump the brakes a little.

Reactions: Col. Angus
The last few games you could see Edwards playing at a higher level. I trust him and Thiero for solid minutes now. That helps a ton.

But for assholes to wag their finger at folks who are pissed off a player was hitting the bottom of the rim on the majority of layups or can’t grab a single rebound. GTFOH

It would be different if you had somebody riding Edwards the last three games.

Again…

K 😂

I wasn’t “wagging my finger,” was being more facetious than anything. What the **** do I actually know at the end of the day? I just felt the guy was too naturally gifted and talented to not eventually break trough, whether at this level or the next.

I get that you have a “voice” because you put so much money into the program. But my observation is, you come in here and bitch about everything more than you speak positively. So . . . why do you even do it?

🙄

GTFOH

Last edited:
If this is a lightbulb moment, what is the ceiling for seeding now? If we win out, is a 2-seed possible? Is a win at.Tennessee worth more than winning the SEC Tournament?

If it's a lightbulb moment for the players - It means nothing, as they will end up being put into positions where they are setup to fail.

If it's a lightbulb moment for the $9 million mercenary....maybe they can reach their ceiling.

krazykats is right.

You take away the Texas A&M loss and the South Carolina loss and the Florida loss and the Tennessee loss and the Gonzaga loss and we’re 24-3. We should have won the UNCW game and the Kansas game and then we’re 26-1. Flip that LSU game to a win and we’re literally undefeated. Thats 27-0 and the #1 overall seed.

Just don’t understand what the rest of you idiots are so upset about.

We should call this team “The What-if-ables”

December 23, 2023.

Just sayin’ . . . 🤷🏻‍♂️
You predicted a McDonald’s all American and the Pennsylvania high school player of the year would get better when he was contributing nothing?? Wow! Gutsy prediction! You really went out on a limb on that one.
In all seriousness that’s part of what has been so frustrating. Edward’s ability has been there all along it just wasn’t quite coming together in his head. Fingers crossed it’s happening just in time for a deep March run.

We’ve got our hands full Tuesday with a team that’s really good on defense (11th in Kenpom). On top of that, they’re a bubble team that’s desperate to get in and won yesterday at LSU by 20.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
Been lurking since at least 2008, not one set of randoms since, and you still clearly don’t even get what GYERO is about.

Nah, thanks, keep walking 🤡👞👞.

You predicted a McDonald’s all American and the Pennsylvania high school player of the year would get better when he was contributing nothing?? Wow! Gutsy prediction! You really went out on a limb on that one.
In all seriousness that’s part of what has been so frustrating. Edward’s ability has been there all along it just wasn’t quite coming together in his head. Fingers crossed it’s happening just in time for a deep March run.
Fans are spoiled by the fact that we’ve been so fortunate to have a lot of freshman that come in and do well early. Then when they struggle like a lot of freshman do they freak out.

We’ve got our hands full Tuesday with a team that’s really good on defense (11th in Kenpom). On top of that, they’re a bubble team that’s desperate to get in and won yesterday at LSU by 20.
Prime letdown territory. That’s a Q1 win too. Win that one and you can think about backdooring a 3 seed out of this sumbitch. There’s a lot of losses left for a lot of teams still.

I continue to think I’d just as soon if not rather be a 6 than a 4/5. None of the 3s are terribly scary, and let someone else take care of Houston or UConn and see what happens.

Reactions: jayroon
Prime letdown territory. That’s a Q1 win too. Win that one and you can think about backdooring a 3 seed out of this sumbitch. There’s a lot of losses left for a lot of teams still.

I continue to think I’d just as soon if not rather be a 6 than a 4/5. None of the 3s are terribly scary, and let someone else take care of Houston or UConn and see what happens.

Honest question, what teams actually scare you?

My list of teams is UConn and Arizona.

Thats literally it. Houston is tricky for me because they can slow you down and execute like I saw USC do to us, but I’m not exactly scared of that matchup.

My list of teams is UConn and Arizona.

Thats literally it. Houston is tricky for me because they can slow you down and execute like I saw USC do to us, but I’m not exactly scared of that matchup.
For me it’s not that I’m not afraid of anyone as much as I’m afraid we’ll beat ourselves.

It’s crazy and I’m definitely considering DIAF, but I’m in a pretty good mood today in regards to the University of Kentucky mens basketball team.
70 degrees tomorrow, kicked the shit out of Alabama, two scrubs to end the season on a high note at home. I can almost taste the Nashville beers, but I need the flowchart to determine where from.
UConn and Houston. Lots of teams I can see us losing to, but that’s life when you could randomly give up 55 in a half to Trinity or LexCath. But those are the only two names I’m going to go “f*ck” if I see them in our bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT