ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 large trees and decorations galore. Grows by the year. Wife has a work Christmas party every year so she has to impress her fellow hens. According to her, I never put things in the right place so she does it all. Completely off the wall now so I just let her do everything except hanging lights on the house.

There are 5 Christmas trees in my house right now.

The house has 7 rooms (not counting bathrooms)

My mistake, which I made long ago; was not putting up even a modicum of resistance. And it gets more out of control with each passing year.

The electric meter is probably going to need a new bearing by NYE.
The Old Anschluss Reverse UNO Card, I see.

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
- I’m a more trees the better guy. God bless your wonderfully spirited wife, Clown.

- Guess I should have stayed up - only made it to halftime. Duke has yet to impress me. Proctor is a fraud bitch. His coach, too.

Pretty tree in living room with matching ornaments
Family tree in den with homemade and children’s ornaments
4 ft “woodland animal” tree in entryway
3 ft UK tree in sons room
3 ft princess tree in daughters room

Clown, I feel your pain. Two trees, two Dickens Villages, Christmas China, etc. All totes and boxes marked. Half our finished basement is filled with decor waiting for the appropriate season to be unleashed. My job, carry up and down stairs, climbing into the attic for missing items, wrecking my knees in the process. Godspeed.

1 15 ft and 2 12 foot trees mixed in with a ton of smaller trees. It's gotten ridiculous. Just a nightmare to store and get out every year. Those folks who go all out and completely decorate their entire homes with lights, etc. are both insane and amazing at the same time.

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
Man, the ol Ascaso Steel Uno PID just pulled a god shot of viscous oily espresso. Will be tough saying goodbye to my Spaniard.

My kid has an earache. Took him to a doc in the box last night… no way to fill script at 10pm. Last time he had ear infection, he had a subsequent rocketing temp that caused a seizure. Loaded him up with Tylenols and checked him through the night. (He’s ok) I am bushed. Nice lil workout and espresso to get me going. I successfully avoided a commute to that awful city to watch my lil man today.

Discussing the fate of an employee today. Only criteria I have for validating your existence: “DO YOU GIVE A SHIT?”
If so, stay. If no, beat it Toots.

I am drinking bourbon tonight. Camp Nelson F Single Rick… found it on shelf in Port Authority Liquor store at retail. Yeah buddy.

Reactions: wcc31
R.c39f60406239c680daa8066ba7db0c7e

A few years ago, Marge got me a nice little fake tree for my man cave decorated with blue & white lights and all UK ornaments. She & the girls have gotten me new UK ornaments every year since.

I love it.

The other day, I went down to watch the Miami game and I plugged the tree in. There was a new Ohio State Buckeye guy ornament on it. WTF? I didn't say anything, but I removed it and put it on the big tree upstairs.

Last night, it was back on my UK tree. Touch that. I hid that shit in a drawer in my bar.

I'm sensing the beginnings of a battle.

My wife opened a box yesterday and was excited but could tell she was trying to keep it a secret from me so I asked her what’s in the f*cking box and it was the elf and some stupid book with the elf and some other box with fake props for the f*cking elf she spent god knows what on and so I guess our family is starting the elf tomorrow so my wife can post it on her social media to show what a good and involved mom she is to cover the guilt from her working. We put up a real 13 foot tree in the living room in addition to the other, fake trees. Was a joy almost dying decorating. No clue how to even put the topper on.

The only, and I mean ONLY, good part of having TEENS.

I’m pro-Christmas decorations. Gives the house a festive feel during The Long Dark. We keep them up as long as fashionably possible because let’s face it gang- winter post holidays suuuucccckkkkkksssss
Sorry, that’s false bubbers. Everyone that lives in cold winter weather always tells you they “LOVE the seasons”.

I completely agree though. They should keep lights up til end of Feb just so you don’t want to jump off a bridge due to the 90th straight day of cold, dark, winter hellscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT