ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the idea that A&M fans have been kept totally in the dark about the coaching search. There was a response tweet by an A&M insider to fans who asked why they weren't going after Kiffin, Day, Smart, Dabo, etc.,and he said he knows that A&M approached most of those people and were told no. I think they thought that Stoops was Plan A and why they went ape$hit.

Need an additional day as well. Huge huge weekend for the 73s. 05’s team won the Sectional Championship. The CATS kicked some bird ass. Bought a car for the first time in 5 years. Saw Napoleon. Watched a million hours of football. Closed down a bar after the 05 Championship. Ate way too much. Got caught up in the Stoops drama. Need that “get back” day!

I’ve seen both coaches at Tony’s. Not as much as Ruby’s, of course.

But no other restaurant has the over the top decor, blue piano, live band, private rooms, etc. like Ruby’s.

I’m excited for the December Ruby’s lunch weeks coming up.

I like Ruby’s - I think it borders on garish but doesn’t cross the line so gives it a real fun and classy feel. The columbus one has a basement grotto like area with all exposed stone and such that gives it a real cool vibe. I’ve only been like 3 times since columbus has what feels like 100 steakhouses but I’d definitely put it up there in the top 15 restaurants in town.

I’m just glad BBdK feels me on the Rubys take. It’s absolutely awesome but weird that it’s the ONLY place in town to turn up and turn out.

Wodie, next time I’m in town we’ll hit up Cliff Hagans Ribeye. My treat.

You are Exhibits A through Z.
I haven’t been to a fancy restaurant nor needed to be seen in a looooooong time. Not sure what you’re talking about. I gym, dog, cook and eat at home. Very solitary bruh def don’t want or need to be seen.

@wildcat1973 how was Napoleon? Going Tuesday and super stoked.

Also, hitting up the St Pete museum of history that afternoon before the movie, that’s a solid day.

So Rogue is actually a 60 year old ginger? After that last post sure sounds like it. C’mon man, I’m older than that and that isn’t a good day. Go smash a Ho or day drink.

Fball Cats beat the dirty birds and get a middling bowl game. Better than most of my life’s endings in Fball.

Bball Cats get Bradshaw back soon and hopefully big Z. Makes the winter 🥶 so much easier when there’s something to look forward to watch without having to eat a handful of Valiums to keep from killing something.

Caught several nice bass thanksgiving and didn’t get arrested for trespassing. Was gonna try the I just did Chemo excuse if I got caught. Figured me glowing like a light saber might get me off.

-No not 60 but man between my 20s in Lex and 30s in Key West I’ve drank and smashed enough for 5 lifetimes. Over it and enjoy my routine more than going out or banging randos that I have to wake up next to half drunk and think so I just go start watching tv or see if she wants breakfast somewhere or maybe she’ll hurry the touch up and leave, bang again?

Nope over it man. If I can find a solid chick that likes early morning lifts and meal-prepping, awesome would love nothing more.

I have way more fun at the gym than I do out drinking and wasting money. I’m down to go out with someone I like but just out chasing? Nope. Not right now anyway, have barely been drinking period (9 beers total since I moved over a month ago).

-Hope that chemo doesn’t go too hard on ya boss! 🙏

My goodness I can’t wait to walk into the office on this glorious cold Monday morning. There’s a few Turdley Bird fans on the 2nd floor that had a gotten very chesty over the last few weeks and made degrading comments about UK and our place in the SEC despite UL piling up cheap wins in a weak conference.

They know it’s coming. I may play it cool for the first part of the morning and let the silence be deafining.

Then at about 10:45 I’m going to calmly walk up and down the hallway outside their offices with On On UK playing from my Bluetooth speaker followed by Grove St Party (clean version, of course).

Enjoy that ACC Championships, bitches.

It’s weird af and you know it, anth. It’s not like Lexington is tiny. You’ve got Tony’s and Merrick and Malones and Dudley’s and Le Deauville and Columbias and Tony’s…..there’s plenty of spots that are very nice restaurants.

Just never seen anything like that, where there is ONE spot in town to be seen, and nowhere else is even worthy of consideration.

LOL...as clueless a take as there is.

Ruby's for the flare, Tony's for the food. Pretty simple concept. If the "to be seen crowd" consists of local celebs, coaches, the occasional out of town big shots, I have seen all of the above at Tony's every visit there. Ruby's gets their share as well, of course, and they tend to cater to the pretentious who favor bright lights over anything else.

Giuseppe's, Frank and Dino's, Carsons, Malones Hamburg....any Fri/Sat you can see and be seen.

F this guy. I don’t care if he’s the next Hakeem, Robinson, Shaq, Chet, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, etc all rolled up in one. Kick his ass off the team. I hope he never plays.

Reactions: ace on the river
My goodness I can’t wait to walk into the office on this glorious cold Monday morning. There’s a few Turdley Bird fans on the 2nd floor that had a gotten very chesty over the last few weeks and made degrading comments about UK and our place in the SEC despite UL piling up cheap wins in a weak conference.

They know it’s coming. I may play it cool for the first part of the morning and let the silence be deafining.

Then at about 10:45 I’m going to calmly walk up and down the hallway outside their offices with On On UK playing from my Bluetooth speaker followed by Grove St Party (clean version, of course).

Enjoy that ACC Championships, bitches.
vince-mcmahon-entrance.gif

Quick Hitters:

-No one was within 20 yards of Brown as he crossed the goal. Unreal. What a win.

-At least, it APPEARS, Bradshaw will be playing and it's not a Sharpe situation. We shall see.

-I doubt we see Walker in a UK uniform next year. Which pretty much blows.

-UK and Stoops have some fences to mend, quickly. The broad fan base is probably just happy "he turned down the offer" but the reals know he had 1 foot out the door and is now crawling back. We'll make it work but he's sleeping on the couch for the foreseeable future.

-You can't shun Klutch. Don't be silly.

-Forgot what it felt like to anticipate a big basketball game. Wild what atheistically pleasing basketball will do.

-The ACC title game jabs crack me up. It's about as relevant as the CUSA title game. Let FSU's back up QB destroy UL and NCST nab that Orange Bowl game. Those fools lived on luck all season. Lol, at Brohm basically folding on that last drive. Terrified to let Plummer make a play.

-The big thing about Ruby's is they have great live music. Eat and hang around the bar listening to a solid band. Tony's was fantastic a few weeks ago. A local crowd gathers at The Tulip nightly, you can find a couple UK affiliated folks there. For a reasonable ADULT, I don't see the humor. If I was a 28 year old, maybe. Granted, the last place on earth I'd want to be on a Friday night is a dive bar. So to each their own.

-Now is an appropriate time to get jazzed for XMas. Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Things I like:

- This shot chart:
fDO9YLZ.png

(here's 2022-23 for comparison):
xTNbdcG.png

- This ordered list of true shooting %s for every player in the country who plays at least 50% of their team's minutes.

- The 2nd half Saturday. Went from a pretty tepid affair to a shootout all of a sudden. This team has gotten very few breaks all season. Nice for them to finally get some and capitalize on them.

- Working on Thanksgiving. Usually not too busy and make it home in plenty of time for supper. You get credit for covering a holiday + what essentially amounts to a long weekend, usually with minimal calls.

- Tre Mitchell's playmaking.

- This ranking of turnover% by team.

- Very late on this, but I also liked beating a team who shot 41% from 3 on 37 attempts.

Things I don't like:

- Our (hoops) defense is not great, owing primarily to two issues (IMO): lack of rim protection, which is not imminently fixable; and miscommunication on ball screens, which should be.

- Again, late, but playing the last 5 minutes of regulation without Reeves or Sheppard. Hopefully that gets fixed.

- Related to the last point, needing OT to win a game when we shot 48% from 3 ourselves.

- I'm not a football, but can somebody explain why it seems like we are much better defensively on 3rd and 4th down with <3 yards to go than we are with >7? Is it just scheme? Recall bias? Something else?

One possibly wild take for posterity:

- In a weak draft class, Reed Sheppard is a first rounder and probably a lottery pick.

I can't effing believe the crap ass ACC and the University of Florida has put me in a position to root for UofL against FSU because I want to see two good playoff games. FSU will get MURDERED by Georgia.

Reactions: roguemocha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT