ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Dwayne Camacho? Hank?

Yeah. John Blue banned me because I sent him a youtube clip of the Soviet national anthem in response to his direct message about me making fun of Wayne Dougan. I guess flexing that moderating power every once in a while is addicting.

* I love this clip. Plus it is a reminder of the absolute scrubs we had when Stoops got here. That man needs a statue on campus when he leaves. And if he's cheating his ass off, then I hope we bronze the statue and make it a foot taller. Piss on the NCAA.

I thought Hank got banned and was hoping to see that he found something more productive to do with his life. I guess not.

- Saw this morning Justin Timberlake voiced his support for Britney Spears. It’s an obvious PR play and probably a smart one but can you imagine still being tied at 40 years old to your college girlfriend? Like people asking you about her and feeling compelled to comment on her life? Has to be bizarre.

- Speaking of, Timberlake’s wife’s underwear scene in “I Now Pronounce You Tom and Larry.” is outstanding.

- You keep hoping you’re going to visit GYERO for a day without Anth offending someone but nope. Maybe 2022.

- Orange juice and all OJ-based cocktails are disgusting.

- Toured our new cancer center yesterday and it is absurd what they’re doing with genetic testing and pharmogenomic testing these days. A father died of stomach cancer - from testing they knew his 23-year-old son had a 100% chance of developing the same. So went in for preventative surgery, saw he already had it starting, and removed it. This shit is getting big in cancer care now but will slide to all areas of medicine soon. Great stuff.

-I was commonplace in Nelson County in the late 1980's that someone would show up to a field party with "barrel whisky" . When you had a glut of whisky they were just giving away barrels after they dumped at all the distilleries. So you let the barrel sit or pour about a gallon of water in it and just pour it into a jar. I mean no one was drinking barrel proof stuff in 1989 and now it is commonplace.

-Having said that I sure would like to go back and get some of the green or white label Heaven Hill that was a staple in any Bardstown Christmas family get together in the 1980's.

-How those pushups going, Chase?

-10 days on the lake from Saturday. Kinda of "working" for the first couple of days but it won't seem like it on Lake time.

-Oldest will compete in the AAU track regional this weekend. He's grown about 8" in 2 years and is about 6' now as a 15 year old. So all of sudden he has really improved his running. He won the 1500m last weekend in the Kentucky AAU district 15/16 year old division and is seeded 2nd in Region. He runs a 4:49 mile with target to get into the 4:teens by his senior year.

-Is Matt Jones not knowing about ordinary every day things and act? Is he George Bush not knowing about how much a gallon of milk costs out of touch? I just find myself thinking "does he really not know about this?" all the time.

Anth has really triggered me this afternoon. Throwing South Central Ky -namely the Cordell Hull corridor - under the bus has really got me in a mood. Then, his sausage and biscuit from McD’s take . . . not that I disagree, but that is my daughter’s go-to order. Can’t believe you decided to publicly ridicule a 13 year old kid. Not cool imo. I don’t know, maybe Matt Jones had a point.

Supersonic burrito is the correct play for a self-loathing/garbage breakfast, btw.
@anthonys735

C’mon, man. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 80 Proof
Random Moment in GYERO History:

What about the winter Extrav in 2011 following the UK vs LSU game in Rupp? I remember T Jones playing really well and the Cats won by like 40.

I think we all ended up at SkyBar. Wodie was rapping non stop much to ABH’s chagrin, Chad was trying to get something done in a target rich environment and I mistakenly tried having a conversation with Harmon.

Representative Barr even made a cameo to hang with GYERO’s finest. Quite the night.

• Haha
Reactions: HUBER
Sorry, buddy.

I should clarify. Glasgow isn't bad and it's the beginning of probably my favorite area in the entire state heading East. I also failed to mention, the 65 corridor is actually the 2nd worst part of the state. Totally forgot our Cincy adjacent concrete shithole up north. That's the worst.

I'm sure your daughter is a sweet beautiful princess but plain sausage biscuits are terrible.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Sorry, buddy.

I should clarify. Glasgow isn't bad and it's the beginning of probably my favorite area in the entire state heading East. I also failed to mention, the 65 corridor is actually the 2nd worst part of the state. Totally forgot our Cincy adjacent concrete shithole up north. That's the worst.

I'm sure your daughter is a sweet beautiful princess but plain sausage biscuits are terrible.
That’s fair.

Reactions: anthonys735
a) Is Duren going to ruin our modern lineup?

b) Is he worth it?

Apparently Cal thinks he still needs a big man/center, and likes Duren at the 5, and Oscar at the 4...b/c of course he does.

Oscar is as true of a college center as you will find -- and Ware will be a more than competent backup in the bruiser role. Brooks/Toppin/Collins...I mean, what more do you need to cover the rest of the frontcourt in 2021 college basketball?

Given our shooter-heavy makeup, I'm all good with our big-man rotation. The more we have, the more it cuts into our plethora of guards/wings/shooters. Not gonna complain if we land a prospect of his caliber, but won't even be 1% disappointed if we miss.

Last edited:
Sort of a Dwight Howard vibe there. Good and nuts, so who knows.

I doubt that guy is a game changer and he seems like a complete pain in the ass. If we get him, I'll convince myself he's the second coming of Amare Stoudemire or something, I guess.

Sort of a Dwight Howard vibe there. Good and nuts, so who knows.

I doubt that guy is a game changer and he seems like a complete pain in the ass. If we get him, I'll convince myself he's the second coming of Amare Stoudemire or something, I guess.

Haven’t heard anything about him being nuts or a pain. On the court, he’s basically Chris Webber.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I’m not expecting 35 mpg out of Tschibwe so I guess there’s plenty of minutes playing apart. I just worry about Toppin/Brooks at SF and more ugly offense.

Toppin/Brooks at SF

I'm just praying one of our new savvy assistants has the balls to smack the donut out of Cal's mouth when he even tries that bs this year. They won't.

THANK GOD FOR GENERAL MARK STOOPS AND THE ASS WHOOPING HES GONNA PUT ON THE SEC EAST THIS YEAR. AMEN.

Haven’t heard anything about him being nuts or a pain. On the court, he’s basically Chris Webber.
I don't trust kids with weird recruitments. If he's Wee Chris Webber, sign him up but we've had the downside of those kinds of guys who are not nearly as good as they think and just spend a year here doing nothing but being a prima donna.

That is not fair to him, I guess, but I have suspicions that I hope are absolutely wrong and he comes here and lights college basketball on fire and wins number 9 or 10 for UK.

The land in Central Kentucky is gorgeous. Big fan of rolling hills here, and the entire plot of land bounded by I65, I64, I75 and the Cumberland Parkway is chock full of em. Just tremendous topography.

Pizza night over the weekend was a success. Takes a few times to remove the stress from the process, especially with a bunch of kids running through the kitchen and deck. Got it down, now. Got a few doughballs left over and will be trying some 5 day pizza crusts out tonight. Haven't gone longer than 24 hours yet, but I hear they get better for a few days to a week, before they start to get worse. We shall see.

I don't know what to expect of this bball team, and I don't know what to expect of Duren. Perfect fit I guess.

I remain cautiously optimistic about football. Optimistic about the roster. Cautious about having a handful of new coaches. Like what I hear so far, though.

Custom baseball glove from 44 Pro is mid-production. Can't wait. Haven't had a new baseball glove in 15 years.

Underrated Hollywood babe -> Rose Byrne.

I don’t know WTF you guys are talking about sometimes. How many awesome freshman have we had here the last 11 years?
How many in the last 5 have panned out? Less than 1/2 and none got us to the F4.

Look, I'm all in on him, but like BBdk said, "I'm not going to be disappointed if he goes G League." It does help we're not counting on him to make or break the season like in years past.

We've been asking for a team stacked full of returning vets and shooters and we finally have one. I'm cool seeing how these dudes progress.

-Is Matt Jones not knowing about ordinary every day things and act? Is he George Bush not knowing about how much a gallon of milk costs out of touch? I just find myself thinking "does he really not know about this?" all the time.
Now he's acting like it's completely normal to be in your 40's and not own a screwdriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT