ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
In news that should surprise no one

Greg Fischer is an American businessman and entrepreneur who is the 50th Mayor of Louisville, Kentucky. In November 2010, Fischer, a Democrat

They shot a guy who shot at them

Good call, Wayne.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - Hours after he was shot dead just outside his barbecue restaurant, David McAtee’s family members questioned why law enforcement officers were there in the first place.

McAtee, 53, was shot and killed when LMPD and National Guard officers were allegedly shot at by someone in a crowd nearby. Their return fire struck McAtee’s niece, family members said, before McAtee was hit and killed.

“When you lose a child, a part of you goes along with that child,” McAtee’s mother, Odessa Riley, said just a few months after she lost another child. “I just buried my daughter January 22nd. Now my baby son done got killed."

Police said LMPD and National Guard officers were called to 26th and Broadway to disperse a large crowd late Sunday night. The department said someone shot at them and the officers returned fire, Multiple witnesses and family members said there was no need for any law enforcement at that location. The gathering wasn’t part of the protests that packed city streets over the weekend, they said, adding that the crowd meets in the neighborhood every weekend playing music, and McAtee handles the food just outside his Yaya’s BBQ Shack.

Witnesses said soldiers boxed them in and people panicked. McAtee’s nephew, Marvin McAtee, said people ran to Yaya’s BBQ Shack. Then, shots went off and McAtee’s niece was hit, but she’s expected to be OK.

“So (McAtee) reached out to grab her and at that point another fire went off,” Marvin McAtee said. “Then another fire in the rear shoots off and hit him in the chest and he died right there.”

McAtee’s family said he was well known by policemen and the community.

“He fed all the policemen," Riley said. "Police would go in there and talk with him and be with him. He fed the police. He fed them free. All he did on the BBQ corner was trying to make a dollar for himself.”

Within minutes of his death, McAtee’s community rallied around his store, some of them asking why officers used rubber bullets in the Highlands but real bullets in the West End.

----------------------------

The f@cking owner of Dino's called police. A black owner of a black business called because he didn't want his store torn up like the hundreds of other stores on Broadway have been torn up.
So police showed up, and they were shot at. 3 police officers and a national guard all returned fire.
We have a f@cking curfew for a reason right now. Not only were you not supposed to be there, you had f@cking kids there? Horseshit.
But hey some jabrone from Beaver Dam read something on Facebook, so it must be true. I'm not sure how some of you dress yourselves in the morning.

The f@cking owner of Dino's called police. A black owner of a black business called because he didn't want his store torn up like the hundreds of other stores on Broadway have been torn up.
So police showed up, and they were shot at. 3 police officers and a national guard all returned fire.
We have a f@cking curfew for a reason right now. Not only were you not supposed to be there, you had f@cking kids there? Horseshit.
But hey some jabrone from Beaver Dam read something on Facebook, so it must be true. I'm not sure how some of you dress yourselves in the morning.
Which would be a lot easier to prove if ANY of the cops had on their required body cams.

*Not a Facebook post.

*The cops say they were shot at. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. I haven't read anything definitive on that yet.

*Returning fire into a crowd is a genius move.

*No body cam footage, conveniently.

*You're a f*cking moron.

*Eat shit.

I’m not a big Fischer fan, but not sure how he is responsible for this event. Shit’s gonna happen when you have anarchy across the city for four nights.

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

Reactions: 911guy
The Governor just said, if you look at the limited cell phone videos, and all the audio, there is NO DOUBT they were fired upon. What he doesn't know, is if the response was the correct one because of no body cam footage.
1. When police get shot they are going to shoot back. Not sure what you expected them to do.
2. Heads should roll for not having cameras on. Fire the cops that didn't have them on, send a message.
3. Why are you out 3 hours after the curfew WITH f@cking kids?

They also just released that they don't even know if he was killed by bullets from police or from the shooters.
Lots of mistakes, I just don't happen to believe the officers returning fire was one of them.
But hey, keep us posted on what you are hearing in Beaver Dam.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I don't think we have a clue what's about to go down tonight. One of my black friends on Facebook - who grew up in mansion btw - is going berserk and sharing stuff about killing white people, burning everything to the ground, etc. - and sharing posts with the same from her family members and friends (many of them also affluent). And by the way, my friend is a woman. Kinda concerning.

As a liberal bitch who is sympathetic to law enforcement, I think body cams should be required of all policemen and the like at this point. It keeps everyone honest. If you have them turned off, you’re trying to hide something as far as I can tell.

Every honest cop should LOVE body cameras. No excuse not to have one. I also think it's imperative that cops start policing their own.
I also read the dumbass cop in Minnesota who killed the guy, had 18 previous incidents that he should have been fired over. But the unions prevented his firing.

Someone draw a Venn diagram of people who a week ago were protesting government tyranny and are now applauding the president threatening to flood the streets with troops.
Probably a pretty similar spread to people who said last week a dozen boomers without masks were literally killing people and are now OK with people burning cities to the ground in groups numbering in the thousands Jmo

Probably a pretty similar spread to people who said last week a dozen boomers without masks were literally killing people and are now OK with people burning cities to the ground in groups numbering in the thousands Jmo

It’s almost like liberal democrats AND conservative republicans are both complete f*cking morons and moderates in the middle have had it right all along.

Good Lord! Like you calling in this favor is better than a PGA’er.

Pretty sure when they tell him sure for ______ much money he would say fine, and get the private tour from Freddie himself.

- Also the best thing for Trump to do is not worry about feeding his base some lane ass tweets and completely STFU until this is over.

Worst case, people start taking JR Smith’s lead and and defending themselves. Best case, this goes away in the next few days and the media has to find something else to sell as the next ZOMG!!!!
Freddie is awesome!

As a liberal bitch who is sympathetic to law enforcement, I think body cams should be required of all policemen and the like at this point. It keeps everyone honest. If you have them turned off, you’re trying to hide something as far as I can tell.

Tell that to KSP. They removed all their dash cams, too.

It would be nice if more people across all persuasions took the opinion of "Well that looks terrible but I don't have all the facts so I will reserve judgment until I get more info." That would solve 90% of this horseshit.

But by all means let's all overreact like histrionic teenage girls on their periods. Or teenage boys doing whatever the hell they do that's dumb. Or teenage trannies. Or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT