ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere at my parents’ house, I think I still have a stolen Miller Lite 15-pack yard sign from the Chinoe WinnDixie, circa 1998. The price is on there but I can’t remember exactly. I want to say they were $5.99, but I can’t be certain. I guess I just really needed to have that sign one night.

[laughing] at Bitter Beer Face Girl. We had a “Gila monster” that always bumped into our crew. We’d all be canceled if social media and smart phones were around in the 90s.

A man probably reaches “peak a-hole” at 21-24 years old.

One of the underrated parts about the 1 AM close was that when you went to Louisville and could stay at the bar til 4 AM, it felt different. A 19-year old Wayne Dougan thought he was playing with the big boys when he stayed out late on Bardstown Road on a warm April night in 1998.
You were playing with the big boys. It wasn't just a feeling.

1am was trash but sure feel free to justify it.

Reactions: WayneDougan
In my late teens sometimes we would buy a beer called red, white and blue. 12 for $2.99, a quarter a beer.

We used to chase Jim Beam with Mountain Dew. Surprisingly good chaser.

Last edited:
You were playing with the big boys. It wasn't just a feeling.

1am was trash but sure feel free to justify it.

This is pretty rich coming from the guy who prides himself on being home by midnight...but enjoy your bravado, bar star.

-that twitter thread embodies what is wrong with the world. 103yo lady beats corona...and a bunch of hipster shitstains/fatass beer "snobs" jump in and talk about how bud light isn't "real beer". FFS, some folks need a proper beating.

Just vounteering my services for said, Beatdown Squad. I'm old, but attitude and dirty fighting can go a long way.

Pretty stoked that my summer vacation rental is still a go. New cleaning protocol that disinfects entire property prior to stay. For me? No worries, but wife tested negative for antibodies.

Going back to office on Monday. I can’t take working at home. Driving in.

Miller High Life, icy cold is my summertime jam. Keystone tastes like bananas. Effin terrible.

Anyone try Starlight Bourbon (Indiana)?...hearing good things.

My dog decided that my outdoor wicker sofa looked like tasty licorice. Stupid Bastard. $450 snack.

I am now showcasing the deck with one of these sweet ol’ timey flags.
84591_big.jpg

I can’t believe how badly Nike hijacked And destroyed our classic brand.

Made chicken mole quesadillas. Pretty awesome.

I'm nearly 40, Bob. I have no desire to be in a bar after midnight and really after dark for that matter.

You don’t like to get after it a couple times a year? I feel like a 2 AMer around the holidays and maybe one during the summer is perfectly acceptable if you are under 50.

Speaking of, I just watched a new normal commercial for Las Vegas.....I've seen everything.

In the late 90s / early 00s, after

(a) Larry Ivy let Nike erase 80 years of tradition and TELL US what UK blue is; and

(b) Kansas claimed a TM on the letter "K" (LOL, K) and threatened Mitch that they would sue UK for TM infringement if we didn't cease and desist from using the block K (and Mitch backed down - TMFS)

I knew a purchasing agent at Kennedy's who agreed to place a bulk order of block K flags in true UK Blue, for me.

Of course, they sold out immediately. Wish we had an AD who had a pair.

(Edit - pair of nuts, not K flags).

Now we have two birds screwing as a logo and checkerboard. Topbutton can balance the hell out of a budget but he has no swag at all.

Reactions: Century Cat
I wake up to one of my best friends and former college roommate making the rounds on tv for having his bar in Lexington, The Paddock, being too busy. I mean jesus the social media shaming of a bunch of 20 year olds gathering in a space that’s half outside is one of the more ridiculous parts of this whole thing.

I wake up to one of my best friends and former college roommate making the rounds on tv for having his bar in Lexington, The Paddock, being too busy. I mean jesus the social media shaming of a bunch of 20 year olds gathering in a space that’s half outside is one of the more ridiculous parts of this whole thing.
This business shaming is ridiculous. They tried to do the same shit to Battle Axes here locally.

You used to live with Erick? He’s a trip.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Yes, the process was that Kennedy Book Store had to get approval from UK and Collegiate Licensing Company on all merchandise. Suddenly, UK quit approving stuff with just the K. Because of Kansas's threat.

I mean, you probably don't even need a GED to know that one party can't trademark a letter of the alphabet, or that any threat to do so would be baseless and FOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT