ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Odds of not hitting black on 11 consecutive rolls is ~0.08%; my understanding is that his crew continually bet on black throughout that streak as opposed to only the 11th spin.
That is correct...pretty easy to understand. We started rolling around spin #5 and then by #8 it got stupid. By #10 I was out, and seeing #'s only on one side of the screen was laughable.

Brandon Clarke was 22 at Gonzaga. Whitney is 18. I know we're all saying he can't develop, but I think he can probably do something if we give him 3-4 years.

The problem is we all know that unlike at other schools, Whitney will be long gone by the time he's 22. Where will he go if not the NBA? Who knows. But somewhere else. They all go. If they don't become first round picks in their first year at places like UNC, Duke, Kansas, the silver lining is those schools get them for 3-4 years. Look at guys like Azubuike. So many guys at UNC. Unlike at those schools guys at Kentucky move on if they're marginal 2nd round picks just because "Welp, they can't improve their stock anymore." or "They've just been here long enough." or "Some kids just don't like school."

Unlike at those other schools it would be shocking to see him as a senior at Kentucky. And yeah, he'd be a totally different player by then most likely.

I'm not sure if you've been paying attention but that isn't the case any longer, bub. We, like always, were just ahead of the curve. Over 90 underclassmen left last year "for the draft." Most with no hope of being drafted. If a player makes to senior year he's most likely not getting drafted either. Landscape has changed.

It's a gift, not income.

Even if it were taxable and it pushed them above the next threshold, they'd only be paying the higher rate on the amount over that limit, which would all be from the GoFundMe anyway.

I'm hopeful everyone understands how progressive taxation works, but I wonder about some of you.

Someone please come along and insist that bonuses are taxed at a higher rate than regular wages while we’re at it. GYERO needs the education, imo.

Regardless of insurance, there is a level of stuff insurance only covers, and it’s not a check overnight. We burned a house down on University Ave in Lexington and insurance was quite the headache for the landlord.

That money this time of year just shows not all humans are shit.

- Say what you want about the individuals on our team, but there is enough talent to compete THIS year.

We beat MSU easy and we competed against OSU and honestly beat ourselves with some referee assistance.

That first half we were flat out the better team. The 2nd half came down to 10 questionable possessions, a few bad calls and a zone strategy that was awful.

Going to beat a dead horse here, but had we mixed a few GaTech level teams into the early season games instead of 9 straight cupcakes we could have seen where we were and what need to be worked on to use the cupcakes as a learning tool. Instead it was uninspired half ass walking through the motions basketball in which we didn’t learn a thing and weren’t challenged enough to give a shit.

The SEC schedule will better prepare these kids more than any team we have had except the Brandon Knight season.

- I’m in awe of how unusable a guy like Whitney is. That kids videos were nothing like what we are getting, and I’m sorry but he is of the mold of a MGK in that he is 6’6 and extremely athletic in a very usable way that absolutely suits Cal’s system for a “dog” type that gets after it and attacks.

It just so happens that despite playing the game for however long that dribbling, awareness, and over basketball concepts have eluded him.

How does the go fund me fit into taxable income? Be a shame if that boosted them into a higher tax bracket.

Apparently the answer, like most legal and tax questions, is it depends. Doesn’t seem to be a real clear answer yet.

There is a clear answer, idiot. Income is taxed progressively, meaning EVERYONE pays the exact same amount on their first $19,400 of income (married filing jointly). Then they all pay the exact same % on income between $19,400 and $78,950. And so on.

Earning extra income doesn’t push ALL of your income into a higher %, just the amount over that threshold.

This isn’t particularly challenging.

Kahlil Whitney is like Hamidou Diallo if your effective tax rate was the same as the marginal tax rate on your last taxable dollar of income, imo.

:fries:

There is a clear answer, idiot. Income is taxed progressively, meaning EVERYONE pays the exact same amount on their first $19,400 of income (married filing jointly). Then they all pay the exact same % on income between $19,400 and $78,950. And so on.

Earning extra income doesn’t push ALL of your income into a higher %, just the amount over that threshold.

That's correct, but not applicable, because it's not income it's a gift.

Reactions: PTI (pti)

I was referring to his first question of whether or not the money received from crowdfunding is taxable. But thanks for the info, Smokin Pat.

Again. not 100% clear, and some of it seems to depend on how it is set up. Here is an example of when the IRS told a cancer patient to go f*ck themselves. It very well may not be taxable, and I don't think it should be as it's clearly a gift; but, it's possible the IRS can make the beneficiary, or the agent, eat shit, or at least make them fight about it. As far as Google's first page tells me, there is no bright-line rule established as of yet.

Again. not 100% clear, and some of it seems to depend on how it is set up. Here is an example of when the IRS told a cancer patient to go f*ck themselves. It very well may not be taxable, and I don't think it should be as it's clearly a gift; but, it's possible the IRS can make the beneficiary, or the agent, eat shit, or at least make them fight about it. As far as Google's first page tells me, there is no bright-line rule established as of yet.
Actually seems to still be clear. Gifts under $15,000 are not taxed. Like everything else with the IRS, it's best to keep records and make sure you're within the guidelines.

Reactions: drxman1
- Cubed ham is the most overrated item on a salad bar. You may think it’s cottage cheese or pudding, but that stuff is just awful; not necessarily overrated. Ham is different. You may think, “hey! It’s ham! I’ll put some of this next to my croutons, lettuce, shredded cheese, and rainch dressin’. It’ll be like a wrap!” Then you sit down and realize it’s still just cold, cubed ham. Pass.

- Here is a grievance I’m airing: “soft” candy canes/peppermint sticks. If the crap just breaks apart like chalk after it hits your mouth, it’s disgusting. My peppermint candy needs to be like a hard candy. I’m sure this is obvious to everyone else?

- Took my kids out to the local mall to get mom some Christmas presents. Bumped into 7 other local coaches with their kids in tow. ‘Tis the season/day.

- Prime rib of meat and brown liquor at my father’s tomorrow for the traditional Christmas Eve celebraish. Since our teenage years, my parent always got my brother and me (now our wives as well) scratch off lottery tickets. This is the year someone wins big. I feel it.

- getting away from all forms of basketball for the next 48 hrs. Merry Christmas, GYERO. GGP&DIAF!

I really don’t even get the purpose of lettuce, basically water, without nutritional value. Gimme spinach salad all air. Little ranch, bacon, tomato, olives, onion.

The gift tax, if any (almost never right now), is owed by the giver, not the receiver. The 15K exemption really has nothing to do with Doc’s question about whether the beneficiary has to pay income tax on receipt, and the answer, although it should definitely be no, is probably not but maybe. In other words, it depends.

If your normal tax rate is less than 22% then your bonus can be taxed at a higher rate.

You’ll just get it back in April.

No.

The IRS doesn’t differentiate between bonus money and regular wages. It’s not taxed at a higher rate, even if your payroll company withholds a larger %. If you get it back at the end of the year, it’s because your payroll took too much out. It’s merely a flaw in their process.

But drxman questioning whether that would boost them into a higher tax bracket is unquestionably stupid, and what I jumped on with both feet.

Yes, which is exactly why I said it on this boring Monday. Gyero thanks you for being predictable.

One of the better parts of GYERO, IMO, is when someone says something stupid, and then they turn it into something along the lines of "haha you fell for it you idiot, I was just trying to get you riled up." It is very on-brand for this thread, because as we all know, none of us are ever wrong about anything, on any subject, ever.

One of the better parts of GYERO, IMO, is when someone says something stupid, and then they turn it into something along the lines of "haha you fell for it you idiot, I was just trying to get you riled up." It is very on-brand for this thread, because as we all know, none of us are ever wrong about anything, on any subject, ever.

well, it depends.

Didn't know you could bet on the odds of all of the spins together.:rolleyes:

Each spin is separate from the next. If you could get the odds on 10 spins in a row being red, yeah the chances of it happening would be low.

BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU'RE BETTING.

All those big buildings in Vegas are not built on house losses.

The gift tax, if any (almost never right now), is owed by the giver, not the receiver. The 15K exemption really has nothing to do with Doc’s question about whether the beneficiary has to pay income tax on receipt, and the answer, although it should definitely be no, is probably not but maybe. In other words, it depends.
Where are we on the gofundme for Chase to DIAF? I'm going over the annual limit, filing the necessary paperwork with our accountant, paying the tax liability, printing out an additional copy to throw in the fire and then pissing on it.

Dear Wayne and Cole, the bet was not whether there would be 8 consecutive spins of a certain color - the bet is just on the next spin. If you spun seven in a row of red - the eighth spin would completely reset again - and it would still be a 50/50 shot of either color. Neither the ball or roulette table have any idea what the previous spin was. Same as if you were flipping a quarter. The only way the “odds are in your favor” is if you’re betting on a series of spins lumped together.

The fact that cole still doesn’t understand this is about as dumb as betting multiple times on roulette, the dumbest game ever.

good grief, between this and the taxes my takes defending our POS b-ball team and our fat fvk of a coach seem only slightly stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT