ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had been a minute since I got angry bourbon'd during a football game. Definitely said some things in the confines of my living room and via text that I need to clean up a bit. My wife was kind enough to put a pillow, blanket and bottle of water on the couch toward the end of the night before she went in and shut the bedroom door. The obvious universal sign that I didnt need to converse with anyone at that point.

Its still consistently hitting 100 down here. Seemingly from June to the end of September now is unbearable. I drive a prius so i'm doing my part. Some of you need to join the fight- I can't do this on my own.

My updated predictions going forward- I think I had losses against MSU and USC already- but a win vs. Mizzou-- i'd probably change that to a loss. If we hold court against Ark, UT, Vandy, Martin, UL and get to 7 wins I dont see that as too much of a let down. But an upset in one of the next 2 would get a lot of confidence back. Could win as many as 8, and as few as 6, just my o.

So KSR is fueling the Kash tried to snap Trask's ankle outrage?

Maybe I'm a complete homer but it looked to me like his arm was trapped under the pile and he jerked it out. I don't think it's completely out of character for Kash to do something like that but if he was really trying to hurt him I think there would have been more of a fight.

Um, it was Kash - he was obviously up to no good. I also dont think it was meant to injure, it was meant to agitate.

It happens Clark - was feeling pretty ornery myself. I made Anth want to legit fight me for the 2nd time in our otherwise-healthy relationship b/c I defiantly made my bedtime ice water in a UK Tervis that he was adamant was for coffee ONLY. The only time I've seen him madder was when I threw pizza at him back in the day. I was being a pissed off drunken jackass about it, but it was bizarre to say the least.

I apologized profusely, but he still hasn't talked to me since. :cry:

Last edited:
It happens Clark - was feeling pretty ornery myself. I made Anth want to legit fight me for the 2nd time in our otherwise-healthy relationship b/c I defiantly made my bedtime ice water in a UK Tervis that he was adamant was for coffee ONLY. The only time I've seen him madder was when I threw pizza at him back in the day.

I apologized profusely, but he still hasn't talked to me since. :cry:

Obviously Adrian didn’t see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade or he’d know how important drinking water out of the wrong cup is...

He chose poorly.

Loving the College Football 150 series on ESPN, anyone else checking those? Especially enjoyed the one on traditions, tailgates, marching bands, fight songs, & mascots -- the things that really separate college football. Great stuff.

Other than the game itself (obviously), all of those things are what get me really excited about fall. Mentioned it before, but being able to hear the band and drumline at night makes getting through the week and to the next game day just a little bit easier.

What happens in the pile stays in the pile - and anything is fair game from what I've been told. Dick punches, fingers up butts, eye pokes, ball squeezin', etc. Football is a very homoerotic sport tbh

It's still summer for another week.

The 2nd hottest summer on record in KY was in.........1936. Climate change!!!!

September recrootin getting fun. Cal just peaced out on a Top 4 kid. Dude is not F’ing around this fall.

Clarke is a gamechanger. Boston is a stud himself. And Cal is putting the fullcourt press on Cunningham, Brown and Kuminga.

So I walked into to the kitchen in the middle of this “Watergate.” Thought at first people were just venting about the game, but it was eerily quiet. There was a palpable tension in the room. Adrian mumbling his apologies to Anth. I figured he probably spilled something. But come to find out he used the forbidden cup.

Quickly grabbed some jambalaya and exited stage right.

Anth was fuming. Haven’t gotten his side of the story yet.

Other than the game itself (obviously), all of those things are what get me really excited about fall. Mentioned it before, but being able to hear the band and drumline at night makes getting through the week and to the next game day just a little bit easier.

Guy on there had a great quote about fight songs. Something like "is there a single thing about your school/program that hasn't changed at all in a century other than the fight song?"

-If we can just move past this, I give Anth my word (with GYERO as witness) that I will never make an ice water in that cup ever again. Really can't apologize enough for my actions, but I still blame the game & booze. Now that I'm 40 (a man) I can't be doing crazy shit like that, drunk or not - I know better.

Last edited:
Guy on there had a great quote about fight songs. Something like "is there a single thing about your school/program that hasn't changed at all in a century other than the fight song?"

Do last second choke-job losses count?

Reactions: HHKAT
Honestly I blame Sloot.

The house rules are usually clearly posted/signs put on doors. In the several years of their very generous hosting I’ve never seen any forbidden chalice rule.

Adrian was clearly upset afterwards, and was also savagely attacked by a lawn chair in the yard that led to his going to bed early.

I get not putting coffee in a tumbler you just use for water. But what's the harm in putting water in a tumbler that usually holds coffee?
tenor.gif

* Coffee in a Tervis is actually a pro move.

* Still pissed about that loss. can't imagine how upset I'd be if the streak hadn't ended last year. (Probably just as upset as I was when we gacked away the game 2 years ago.)

* On the bright side, at least Smoke is still #2 on the depth chart behind Asim Junior.

* Green and Kentucky "mutually decided to part ways" much like Kentucky and Billy Gillispie "mutually decided to part ways." Let the kid save face, I guess.

* Sounds like the Bengals are holding open tryouts.

Something is off there. It was not just about THE CUP. Tension was all ready building, something earlier in the night was the root of the problem, that was just the Ice breaker. Water in a cup ? No way that set someone off.

As he fumed off, Anth muttered something about not burning the house down....interesting, since I thought we were just dealing with water in a cup.

-after a tough loss...i like to put a moratorium on sports "content" and stay busy.

In that light, yesterday:

-went to central library w/ segunda to teach her how to do research w/o google... an admirable dictate given by her millennial social studies teacher. Checked out a few books that should cover her project on roman civilization. enjoyed it. Im a dork.

-binged some "the tunnel" on prime. Taut police/international crime drama. Stars Fleur Delacroix...lordy.

-will avoid ksr/espnu radio until Friday.

I get not putting coffee in a tumbler you just use for water. But what's the harm in putting water in a tumbler that usually holds coffee?

All true, or maybe the person is one of those nuts that doesn't like their food touching and it carries over from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT