ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife went to NYC this weekend with her girlfriends and I’m working from home today. She replaced the cleaning ladies and the new ones started today. Was looking forward to getting the kids off to school, cranking out some work with some kind of sports/business news going on in the background and multiple rounds of espresso... but now I'm getting peppered with questions about cleaning preferences / where stuff is / why don't we have enough cleaning rags? Had to go work from the front porch swing, but with it getting later in the season, I'm not getting the shade that I'm used to. Plus I had to reschedule a dentist for today due to an unplanned trip to Europe & Singapore coming up. Not the relaxing Norton Commons morning I'm used to. Bernie understands.

What happens a week before Christmas aside from work being dead and most people taking the rest of the year off?

The Nola game on the 23rd was definitely wack, having people traveling home on Christmas Eve was stupid and undoable for most, including myself -- but the 18th-21st? [thumb2]

Reactions: cole854
Thanks and thoughts for Dore. Without a crazy crazy turn we should be spared the brunt as you said. We’ll still likely lose power for a few days at least. It’s weird because for Irma we could drive to shelter or a better bunker down area. For this guy, unless you leave now you’re likely driving toward worse conditions so most everyone is staying home and riding it out.

The boys are out gathering supplies and whatnot. I’m holding the bar down getting the last few tourists drunk.

Of course reports coming in of people either:

A) Freaking out and acting crazy in public/gas station/Publix/etc because they’re idiots and forget we just did this two years ago, act like it.

B) Acting super kind and helping anyone they can. Crazy how these situations really prove the type of person you are.

@wcc31 Bahamas should be alright, a little beat up but they’ve been through much, much worse many times. I’d assume you hear from the family soon. Pretty sure it rolled through as a 1 which round here people look at it like business as usual minus one shitty weather day.

145103_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

The Bahamas are not Puerto Rico, Rogue. Please see map.

Hope it's not too bad for your family/friends, wcc.

Not that this is news, but Richie is the dumbest motherf@cker alive. He could have had that $150k easy ass job for life. Nobody could have ever beat him. Unless he hired his girlfriend, stole laptops etc.

Not that this is news, but Richie is the dumbest motherf@cker alive. He could have had that $150k easy ass job for life. Nobody could have ever beat him. Unless he hired his girlfriend, stole laptops etc.
A reminder that damn near every elected official in Clay County was indicted a few years back. Richie probably had no clue he was doing anything wrong because he'd been living that Manchester life for so long.

- A pretty fun game with AppleWatch is to string together as many “Standard” responses to your wife’s text string until she catches on: “Thank You” “Sure” “Yup” “No problem!”

- New job’s going very well as these guys basically still don’t know what hit ‘em. I was told in college that I would never be able to just sit in a room and have people slide problems under the door and then slide them back when you’re done. But that’s close to what I have at this point. I wear Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones all day and my coworkers have taken to throwing individually wrapped mints at me to get my attention.

- First Disney Trip this January, both sets of Grandparents, staying at the “Modern” resort with the monorail. My wife set up a droid building session for my son and I at StarWars this morning ... and then decided my daughter would get jealous and set one up for her as well (hence the AppleWatch response chain). Any and all tips appreciated.

Hurricane Quicks:

F**K Hurricanes.

catsfan, your stupid voodoo and “no way an Atlantic hurricane will hit the Keys” looks pretty stupid about now. Irma says hello.

Weird we all just go to work knowing there’s a decent chance of devastating destruction coming in a few days. Can you imagine people in San Francisco knowing there’s a 8.0 earthquake in 3 days just showing up to the office, “Hey Dale! Morning, how’re the kids? You see that game last night?”

-Put money on ND, why not, they should cover 18 against that first year coach and garbage squad if they’re half of a top ten team.

That is not what i said. I said THAT hurricane would not track thru Key West. I thought you where excited about it and going to have a party ??? Just because it could be a major hurricane, don't let that cancel out a good time for you. P***Y. Seems like it would be a lot more thrilling to ride out a CAT4 as opposed to a little ole CAT1. Hell, anybody can ride out a 1, put your big boys pants on and hunker down pimp. You got this.

My bad, a lot going on bubberdicks. Still a 2 I believe for the Bahamas which they can handle just fine. Rode out a 2 in Tampa and it wasn’t fun for me but native Floridians I was with slept through it like any other night.

Western ain’t beating UL, unfortunately. I’ll never understand that move they made to FBS. The town of BG, the university, and the recruiting base doesn’t lend itself to sustained success. It will be very bad this year with attendance plummeting. I can’t imagine they’ll average much more than 7-8 thousand people a game. Throw in trips to Ohio State, Alabama, and some other powerhouses I’m forgetting in the next few years, and they have the ability to be the worst FBS program in the country.

2012 Little Caesars Bowl C. Mich 24 WKU 21
2014 Bahamas Bowl WKU 49 C. Mich 48
2015 Miami Bowl WKU 45 S. FL. 35
2016 Boca Raton Bowl WKU 51 Memphis 41
2017 Cure Bowl Georgia St 27 WKU 17

You mean the team that went to a bowl game 5 out of 6 years should not be in FBS ? Hmmm. I would think going to those bowls like that showed the opposite. But, Brohm packing up and leaving and taking most of his assistants, some major players, and quite a few recruits, along with other recruits decommiting is what has WKU in the position they are in. It will take some time to rebuild, but they belong in FBS.

Glad to see some espresso mentions on GYERO.

<~~~~~< waaaaay the eff out in front of this development.

Well obviously since the I stands for India and was taken there by the British blah blah, the point is “IPA Guy” (I love IPAs) just came out like ten years ago or so and acts like he’s found the fountain of youth and the plebeians around him are just lemmings. If I have to explain it further it’s your fault.

I'd never even heard of Espresso until Kooky Kats. That's why I love GYERO.

:joy: At way out in front on touching espresso. That's the new champ.
Just waiting for the noobs to wax poetic about their equipment setups, not snagging a macchiato from a kid at Starbucks.

Welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT