ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do golfers give rat’s ass what other people do with their free time? I see this at the club where we belong. Dudes I’m friends with act like I’m a damn alien bc I don’t enjoy the fng game. Who gives a shit?

I enjoy running. I enjoy playing basketball. I enjoy tennis. I enjoy light lifting/working out. I could care less that many golfers don’t enjoy these things.

Also, plenty of golfers I know (nobody on here) come off the course “playing a sport” half cocked looking like fat, out of shape slobs. Maybe try to work in a workout before you ride around in a cart for 5 hours getting drunk.

5 hours... pssst.. 45 minutes at most, rich.

I'm sure when, like TSK, I can take the little man out with me it'll be encouraged.

What you lifelong golfers forget is hacks have to play 3+ times a week to get any better and we don't live on a country club so it's $40-50 minimum each time we go out and at best 5 hours round trip. If you're cool with that and your wife is... good for you.

Why do golfers give rat’s ass what other people do with their free time? I see this at the club where we belong. Dudes I’m friends with act like I’m a damn alien bc I don’t enjoy the fng game. Who gives a shit?

I enjoy running. I enjoy playing basketball. I enjoy tennis. I enjoy light lifting/working out. I could care less that many golfers don’t enjoy these things.

Also, plenty of golfers I know (nobody on here) come off the course “playing a sport” half cocked looking like fat, out of shape slobs. Maybe try to work in a workout before you ride around in a cart for 5 hours getting drunk.

In their defense, you DID join primarily to network better for your banking career.

So yeah, alien looks should be forthcoming. Deservedly.

I have no idea what my rating is. I enjoy playing because it’s a solid cardio workout and I can see myself getting better. Not to mention it’s typically about an 1 1/2 - 2 hour commitment.

The Revivalists are in town showing some love to where they really kicked it all off. Should be an awesome, intimate show. When I first moved down here you could walk in the Green Parrot or a couple other bars and watch them play for free.

Obviously they’ve blown up and play much bigger venues but it’s pretty cool they’re playing at the new amphitheater that holds all of 3K.

Fun part too will be that it’ll be 95% locals. They opened the tickets up to residents before the public on purpose.

Long story long, gonna be a fun night.

Reactions: august-west
Have fun seeing them at the Jazz Fest bub, should be a blast with 50,000 other people with you there all day. I’ll take no other acts, a bunch of people I’m friends with taking them in by the ocean in a 3 thousand seat setting vs the derelicts of N.O. massed together on what I’m sure is a fantastic field of grass called the polo grounds.

Went over to nonsuch this morning to pull some overgrown gold mop cypress for my grandparents. He told me there was no way I’d get them all today. All 7 of those bastards were in the sinkhole within an hour. Still got it.

Baseball scrimmage earlier. Flatbill, jawbreakers, samba slides. Hi haters :sunglasses:

Sitting on the pack porch, enjoying a summer shandy and about to throw some wings on the kettle.

War Damn Eagle.

Reactions: drxman1
Who we rooting for in this thing?

Auburn and Bruce Pearl can eat a dick, so no.
Chris Beard and Texas Tech are a nice story, and also would be the most boring champ ever.
Izzo? Super nice, but seeing him add #2 doesn’t help.
Virginia — I’d rather not validate Tony Bennett’s style of play.

Rooting against all four, I guess.

Received a call today from my Dad's nursing home in Harrordsburg that he will be going into hospice care this week. Went to see him Thursday and I knew the time was coming soon. My wife and daughter are in Vegas until Monday and have been trying to keep myself busy with my "to do list".

I have been lurking here since 2006 because it keeps me up to date with what is going on in Lexington and UK sports. Moved away in 2005 for career and family reasons. I knew that catching up with GYERO would make me chuckle and I was not let down. I've never personally met anyone here but did have a phone conversation years ago with Sloot bout adopting a pup and TmfH gave me some advice when I was transitioning into medical sales.

Some of the things I have witnessed over the years:

1. Tommy growing up and holding down a respectable job.
2. Coolcat becoming a judge. Wouldn't want to appear before him..
3. Anth and Sloot getting married and having little G.
4. Chad being Chad and becoming domesticated.
5. DrX. Overseas serviing our country and then coming home with the best pickup lines..."are you a doctor?, well I am". Respect the hell out of you Doc. If I had to choose he would be the one I am would most want to have a cocktail with. SAE 2nd place.
6. SAE. Always look forward to letters being posted from young SAE to Bill Curry. Makes me feel old. I was 2 years out of grad school when he was writing those letters.
7.BBdK. The Godfather. From not knowing how to make a reservation for a flight to world traveler.
8. Ritchie. Saw him on the corner of Bourbon St the day of the 2012 Final Four versus UofL. If memory serves me right he was wearing blue and white pants and smoking a cigarette? Hell, could have been SAE.
9. WettCat. Almost die in multiple airplane incidents.
10. UK Dallas. Had to get a restraining order from the hot WLEX gal.
11.PTI. Swinger and has ran around the world 3 times.
12. RogueMocha. Should have already met his demise in a scooter accident.
13. Wildcat Willy. Pimp. Married Marge and Dad of girls. Best at mock post illustrations. The one with Chad playing basketball was classic.
14. Cole854, UKO,- Dean Smith licker. Enough said.
15. Wildcat1973. Slayed everyone in LA and Boston and has been to every "loudest and great Rupp environment".

At this point I am just trying to preoccupy myself. Thanks for the laughs over the years and especially on a day like today.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Received a call today from my Dad's nursing home in Harrordsburg that he will be going into hospice care this week. Went to see him Thursday and I knew the time was coming soon. My wife and daughter are in Vegas until Monday and have been trying to keep myself busy with my "to do list".

I have been lurking here since 2006 because it keeps me up to date with what is going on in Lexington and UK sports. Moved away in 2005 for career and family reasons. I knew that catching up with GYERO would make me chuckle and I was not let down. I've never personally met anyone here but did have a phone conversation years ago with Sloot bout adopting a pup and TmfH gave me some advice when I was transitioning into medical sales.

5. DrX. Overseas serviing our country and then coming home with the best pickup lines..."are you a doctor?, well I am". Respect the hell out of you Doc. If I had to choose he would be the one I am would most want to have a cocktail with. SAE 2nd place.
6. SAE. Always look forward to letters being posted from young SAE to Bill Curry. Makes me feel old. I was 2 years out of grad school when he was writing those letters.
7.BBdK. The Godfather. From not knowing how to make a reservation for a flight to world traveler.
8. Ritchie. Saw him on the corner of Bourbon St the day of the 2012 Final Four versus UofL. If memory serves me right he was wearing blue and white pants and smoking a cigarette? Hell, could have been SAE.
13. Wildcat Willy. Pimp. Married Marge and Dad of girls. Best at mock post illustrations. The one with Chad playing basketball was classic.
15. Wildcat1973. Slayed everyone in LA and Boston and has been to every "loudest and great Rupp environment".

At this point I am just trying to preoccupy myself. Thanks for the laughs over the years and especially on a day like today.

Cheers!
tl;dr

GFY, UCL, et al.

JWow, So sorry, such a tough time. I have been there & thankfully my dad’s time in hospice was pain free and peaceful. I wish the same for your dad and your family.

*Just my way of dealing, but if a team beats us and moves on, it seems like hoping they lose just makes us look worse,so generally that is who I cheer for.
Exceptions: North Carolina, Louisville, Duke, Kansas, Indiana, UCLA & South Carolina. I would never cheer for any of them regardless of circumstance.

*I had some leftover pork tenderloin that was prepared with a honey chipotle marinade. I threw it in the crockpot with all the seasonings from a carnitas recipe. I only hope it tastes as good as it smells! Shew!

*War Damn Eagle

Reactions: JwowPalumbo
No fouls and no dead balls the last 7 minutes of the first half. They skipped a tv timeout and had to make halftime 2 minutes longer.

Cheers!

Hang in there buddy.

BBdK has completely owned wcc re: Virginia as well. If you recall, he’s consistently made it clear this years team has nothing to do with last years, while wcc has insisted their early exits in years past somehow impacts them in 2019.

Pretty sure BBdK has won this argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT